What eastern should I get?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/20/2012 11:50 PM

I'm a new bmx rider so wondered if anyone could tell me what sort of eastern to go for?

|

8/20/2012 11:52 PM

Its called an Amber WWW.veinbmx.com.

|

Refs~ scamhype x 3, pikachu, kroller, Ivan, kingcitybikeco, powerhouse, and traded w/ Jr Faw &Kevin Burnette
Sold 24" complete to some kid on here Chris....something I think.

8/21/2012 12:09 AM

Why do you exactly want an Eastern? and what's your price limit for buying a bike?...

|

REPS
JakeSalbert, Stephan.yupthatsme, bmxrider4lyfe, cb4130, mactive818, Broughton, Dream, Kymike (x2), Sam.cooper1291, louie101202, nshs2010, hatebreeder, justin vogelsberger, Xlilkillaluc15x, Four, Blakebmx92, Brian_Griffin, Element4all, HardBMX_Tim, HondaCRFRacer

8/21/2012 12:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2012 12:12 AM

ac~handley wrote:

Its called an Amber WWW.veinbmx.com.

i believe he is asking about Eastern, not Amber. (since he's in GBR, i don't think he can get Amber over there)

OP, how much $$$ you have to spend? All of Easterns cheaper bikes are junk (no offense to Eastern). If you're gonna get a decent one you'll need around £238 i believe ($375) for something like the Trail Digger. I've had one, it's pretty decent, i bent the frame a little bit but i believe it's due to the fact i'm 190lbs.

|

8/21/2012 12:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2012 12:19 AM

sbc785 wrote:

i believe he is asking about Eastern, not Amber. (since he's in GBR, i don't think he can get Amber over there)

OP, how much $$$ you have to spend? All of Easterns cheaper bikes are junk (no offense to Eastern). If you're gonna get a decent one you'll need around £238 i believe ($375) for something like the Trail Digger. I've had one, it's pretty decent, i bent the frame a little bit but i believe it's due to the fact i'm 190lbs.

True that.

|

REPS
JakeSalbert, Stephan.yupthatsme, bmxrider4lyfe, cb4130, mactive818, Broughton, Dream, Kymike (x2), Sam.cooper1291, louie101202, nshs2010, hatebreeder, justin vogelsberger, Xlilkillaluc15x, Four, Blakebmx92, Brian_Griffin, Element4all, HardBMX_Tim, HondaCRFRacer

8/21/2012 1:22 AM

There is a local shop near me that sell easterns and he said they are a good bike..I have around£400 to spend I was actually looking at getting a trail digger? Thanks

|

8/21/2012 1:28 AM

...www.bmx~shop.com......you can get ambers there....but if you like the eastern then I say go for it. I own an old 08 model Traildigger (shes a beater) but she's still going strong:grin

|

Refs~ scamhype x 3, pikachu, kroller, Ivan, kingcitybikeco, powerhouse, and traded w/ Jr Faw &Kevin Burnette
Sold 24" complete to some kid on here Chris....something I think.

8/21/2012 1:30 AM

yea i wouldnt go for an eastern personaly but if you have your heart set on one buy the best one you can get

|

8/21/2012 1:36 AM

ac~handley wrote:

Its called an Amber WWW.veinbmx.com.

sbc785 wrote:

i believe he is asking about Eastern, not Amber. (since he's in GBR, i don't think he can get Amber over there)

OP, how much $$$ you have to spend? All of Easterns cheaper bikes are junk (no offense to Eastern). If you're gonna get a decent one you'll need around £238 i believe ($375) for something like the Trail Digger. I've had one, it's pretty decent, i bent the frame a little bit but i believe it's due to the fact i'm 190lbs.

http://www.bmx-shop.com/

|

8/21/2012 1:58 AM

You should not get an Eastern, that's the one you should get.

|

Vimeo.com/bmxhope
Flickr.com/bmxhope

8/21/2012 3:39 AM

Y do people hate eastern soo much?

|

8/21/2012 3:41 AM

Scotty4444 wrote:

Y do people hate eastern soo much?

coz people think its cool to

|



NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)


8/21/2012 4:40 AM

sbc785 wrote:

i believe he is asking about Eastern, not Amber. (since he's in GBR, i don't think he can get Amber over there)

OP, how much $$$ you have to spend? All of Easterns cheaper bikes are junk (no offense to Eastern). If you're gonna get a decent one you'll need around £238 i believe ($375) for something like the Trail Digger. I've had one, it's pretty decent, i bent the frame a little bit but i believe it's due to the fact i'm 190lbs.

Glad I didn't look at eastern then since I'm 255lbs lol.

|

8/21/2012 8:49 AM

Scotty4444 wrote:

Y do people hate eastern soo much?

I honestly don't know why,but they seem to have a bad rep. My friend got a nightwasp last x-mas and he's around 215 lbs and rides pretty hard....but everything on his bike is still in tact. As I stated before I own an eastern too,and it has been through 4 other riders besides me,all of which have put it through hell but its still a solid bike. So in the end you just make the decision which you will be happy with. I only mentioned Amber,because you get a lot more for your money......IMO.

|

Refs~ scamhype x 3, pikachu, kroller, Ivan, kingcitybikeco, powerhouse, and traded w/ Jr Faw &Kevin Burnette
Sold 24" complete to some kid on here Chris....something I think.

8/21/2012 9:24 AM

kids on Vital hate on Eastern because for 1.) most kids or cheap fuckers so they get the cheap Eastern shit, which is junk. 2.) hating on a product is cool and little kids jump on any bandwagon they can get on as long as people see their username and are like "oh, he hates on Eastern too, he's cool".

I've owned a few Easterns, i was smart enough to get their good parts instead of being a cheap prick and getting all their cheap shitty stuff. I've never had a problem with Eastern parts, none of the locals have problems with Easterns parts and no one i know has problems with Easterns parts....only parts i've ever had problems with were Stolen, Profile and some of Primo's shit. Does that make those brands garbage? No, of course not, but i'm not like the douchebags on here that start threads just to hate on a company because either them or their parents were either too broke or too stupid to buy the quality parts.

you buy cheap, you get cheap and if you get cheap then you break shit...don't hate on company due to you own stupidity.

|

8/21/2012 10:19 AM

Scotty4444 wrote:

Y do people hate eastern soo much?

ac~handley wrote:

I honestly don't know why,but they seem to have a bad rep. My friend got a nightwasp last x-mas and he's around 215 lbs and rides pretty hard....but everything on his bike is still in tact. As I stated before I own an eastern too,and it has been through 4 other riders besides me,all of which have put it through hell but its still a solid bike. So in the end you just make the decision which you will be happy with. I only mentioned Amber,because you get a lot more for your money......IMO.

Well I think I'm going to go for the 2013 trail digger then, it looks smart and I've heard lots of good talk about easterns anywa.
I'm 6ft and I'm an ought 13st would a trail digger be a good idea?

|

8/21/2012 10:20 AM

sbc785 wrote:

kids on Vital hate on Eastern because for 1.) most kids or cheap fuckers so they get the cheap Eastern shit, which is junk. 2.) hating on a product is cool and little kids jump on any bandwagon they can get on as long as people see their username and are like "oh, he hates on Eastern too, he's cool".

I've owned a few Easterns, i was smart enough to get their good parts instead of being a cheap prick and getting all their cheap shitty stuff. I've never had a problem with Eastern parts, none of the locals have problems with Easterns parts and no one i know has problems with Easterns parts....only parts i've ever had problems with were Stolen, Profile and some of Primo's shit. Does that make those brands garbage? No, of course not, but i'm not like the douchebags on here that start threads just to hate on a company because either them or their parents were either too broke or too stupid to buy the quality parts.

you buy cheap, you get cheap and if you get cheap then you break shit...don't hate on company due to you own stupidity.

So what do u think about the eastern trail digger?

|

8/21/2012 11:02 AM

I wouldn't. One time I broke one of their $1 barends so they are a terrible company.

|

Lol. Xzibit plz
Shakesman69: Seeing a girl on a bike is like seeing a unicorn walking down the main street.
Brokenbmx: i pooped butterflies once.


Bought from: Ridebmx456 TCbmx(x2) Wade., Ticaleb
Sold to: Sprocket: Mike - E, Front Hub: Kroller, Back wheel: imgoingtohavetocuthere
Local deal for a rear wheel with: bmx

8/21/2012 11:14 AM

dont listen to know one its bandwagon thing to dis on eastern wen they prob have never seen anything eastern even rode it no one here can properly break most eastern parts ther good to get into riding and ther aftermarket parts are pretty legit.just look at ther staked team tht run alllll eastern parts smd bandwagneers

|

b.y.o.b < b.y.o. pb&j
E-thug=E-tard

8/21/2012 11:43 AM

BmxRida4lyfe wrote:

I wouldn't. One time I broke one of their $1 barends so they are a terrible company.

yeah!!! rabble rabble rabble!!

Scotty, the Trail Digger is legit, i've had one, i wanna get a 24" Traildigger cruiser.

|

8/21/2012 12:07 PM

Scotty4444 wrote:

Y do people hate eastern soo much?

ac~handley wrote:

I honestly don't know why,but they seem to have a bad rep. My friend got a nightwasp last x-mas and he's around 215 lbs and rides pretty hard....but everything on his bike is still in tact. As I stated before I own an eastern too,and it has been through 4 other riders besides me,all of which have put it through hell but its still a solid bike. So in the end you just make the decision which you will be happy with. I only mentioned Amber,because you get a lot more for your money......IMO.

Kids jumping on the bandwagon so to speak.....but, in this case the "bandwagon" was a bad run of frames, reapers I think, not sure, aftermarket frames though, that most of them broke, Which even eastern has admitted that happened.

Combined with the fact that there are ALOT of Eastern $20 sprockets and what not floating around out there and they cut holes in there frames + i understand it that they were pretty popular awhile back before there fall from grace.

Anyway, you add all those things together, mix it up, and your cookin up some bad rep there.

|

8/21/2012 12:14 PM

Eastern Is one of the cheaper brands because they aim towards the newer riders who dont want to fork out tons of $$$ on a bike. You get what you pay for in BMX. Eastern does make some nice, strong stuff, but they are the upper class and more expensive stuff.

Amber bikes and parts are 1 exception of extremely well priced quality in BMX, it really is the best quality you can get for your money. Also with that said, amber parts are not the BEST parts available in BMX.

Profile, i believe, is an example of well made, but also slightly over priced parts. They make their parts with high standards, and have maintained a good name throughout BMX this whole time so they are able to price their parts high and still sell.

Odyssey, GOOD parts, decent prices.

Eastern, OKAY parts, good prices.

Amber, GOOD parts, amazing prices.

Profile, G-sport, such, GREAT parts, high prices.

|

It's me, Dee Hos

>

30+ Refs!!!!!

8/22/2012 2:09 AM

BmxRida4lyfe wrote:

I wouldn't. One time I broke one of their $1 barends so they are a terrible company.

sbc785 wrote:

yeah!!! rabble rabble rabble!!

Scotty, the Trail Digger is legit, i've had one, i wanna get a 24" Traildigger cruiser.

Well thanks a lot sbc785, the new 2013 trail digger looks cool and has a lot of quality parts (so I hear) so I think I will go for one of them. Thanks for your help dude

|

8/22/2012 2:11 AM

Thanks for all your posts guys!!

|

8/22/2012 4:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2012 4:47 PM

try to go for a higher end eastern i have the traildigger and the rear wheel was junk, but ive heard the 2013 easterns will have sealed hubs so u should be fine. btw i have a 2011.

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

8/22/2012 5:14 PM

Dee Hos wrote:

Eastern Is one of the cheaper brands because they aim towards the newer riders who dont want to fork out tons of $$$ on a bike. You get what you pay for in BMX. Eastern does make some nice, strong stuff, but they are the upper class and more expensive stuff.

Amber bikes and parts are 1 exception of extremely well priced quality in BMX, it really is the best quality you can get for your money. Also with that said, amber parts are not the BEST parts available in BMX.

Profile, i believe, is an example of well made, but also slightly over priced parts. They make their parts with high standards, and have maintained a good name throughout BMX this whole time so they are able to price their parts high and still sell.

Odyssey, GOOD parts, decent prices.

Eastern, OKAY parts, good prices.

Amber, GOOD parts, amazing prices.

Profile, G-sport, such, GREAT parts, high prices.

No, Eastern isn't a "cheaper brand", like you said they make a few different frames, they make the beginner/intermediate completes for the cheap/broke kids to ride (which is what most of the kids who cry on here own) and then they make the higher ends which are great bikes.

everything else you said is true tho...i love odyssey.

|