What ever happened to Felt BMX bikes?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/31/2018 12:20 AM

I’m just getting back into BMX after a few decades. I remember Felt making some good mountain bikes years ago when I was into MTB. Did they have a good run of BMX bikes too? They stop BMX recently? I see some used Felt BMX bikes on CL that look pretty decent.

|

3/31/2018 1:44 AM

They stopped BMX years back, and I think all things bike related for that matter. I remember hearing about them dropping all of their riders, and I’m pretty sure soon after they went out of business. This was a long time ago.

|

Scooter rider trying to ride a BMX.
Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

3/31/2018 2:55 AM

The bmx's were never particularly good. Not sure about mtb, but they were still making good road bikes a couple of years ago. They might still be around but it's not a brand I've ever been interested in enough to follow

|

3/31/2018 5:49 AM

One of my buddies runs a Felt front hub lol

All I know about Felt is Scotty was sponsored by them a few years back....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/31/2018 8:31 AM

Felt is still going pretty strong. Just checked their site, MTB, track, road, fat MTB, Crusier, lifestyle, etc bikes. No BMX

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/31/2018 9:46 AM

readybmxer wrote:

They stopped BMX years back, and I think all things bike related for that matter. I remember hearing about them dropping all of their riders, and I’m pretty sure soon after they went out of business. This was a long time ago.

Definitely not true - they have a huge presence in road cycling.

If I recall, their BMX bikes are (or were) only distributed in Germany? I may be incorrect, but I know a portion of the company is owned by their German distributor (Sport Import) and they were pretty much handling all of the BMX stuff. Not sure if that is still going today.

The short answer is they took a huge step back in BMX a four or five years ago.

|

3/31/2018 11:39 AM

kylecarlson wrote:

Definitely not true - they have a huge presence in road cycling.

If I recall, their BMX bikes are (or were) only distributed in Germany? I may be incorrect, but I know a portion of the company is owned by their German distributor (Sport Import) and they were pretty much handling all of the BMX stuff. Not sure if that is still going today.

The short answer is they took a huge step back in BMX a four or five years ago.

Ah, interesting! Had no idea.

|

3/31/2018 11:42 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Ah, interesting! Had no idea.

The only reason this is fresh in my brain is because I was recently at the Olympic Training Center with the USA Freestyle Team and their track team is sponsored Felt. The name hadn't crossed my mind in years!

It's honestly a shame - Felt did a lot of cool things. Alan Foster - Brian Foster's brother, for those who aren't familiar - is still one of the main guys at Felt. He's a BMX lifer.

I'd love to see them come back in some fashion!

|

3/31/2018 11:45 AM

Ohhhhh, wow, I'm totally kicking myself now. I knew of Felt in the road bike industry for a long time now, I never made the connection!

|

3/31/2018 7:02 PM

Damn this brings me back to late middle school and early high school and days of seeing kids with Felt bmx bikes.

|

3/31/2018 11:21 PM

There’s a mint looking 2013 PYRE for sale in my neighborhood. Asking $300 for it. Check out these specs.
http://2013.feltracing.com/USA/2013/BMX/Dirt-Street/PYRE.aspx

|

4/1/2018 5:56 PM

What y’all think? 22.9lbs seems really light

|

9/4/2018 2:17 PM

I have Felt Vault 2014 is it good BMX? I know it's kinda old but isn't it little bit rare?

|

9/4/2018 2:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2018 2:25 PM

dwader wrote:

I have Felt Vault 2014 is it good BMX? I know it's kinda old but isn't it little bit rare?

Just a heads up, this is an older thread.

But to answer your question, I guess it’s a tad rare just because they aren’t being made anymore. But the Vault’s construction is mostly steel whereas most modern frames are chromoly, a better material. Not to mention a few other bits here and there that aren’t favorable.

It ain’t the worst out there for sure, but there’s far better on the market now days.

|

9/4/2018 2:36 PM

dwader wrote:

Nah it's shite.

|

Jamie Bales - Vital's first class piss taker.

9/7/2018 1:00 PM

dwader wrote:

readybmxer wrote:

But to answer your question, I guess it’s a tad rare just because they aren’t being made anymore. But the Vault’s construction is mostly steel whereas most modern frames are chromoly, a better material. Not to mention a few other bits here and there that aren’t favorable.

It ain’t the worst out there for sure, but there’s far better on the market now days.

But can I still doing tricks on it or it breaks too easy? =(

|

9/7/2018 10:26 PM

dwader wrote:

readybmxer wrote:

Chromoly is steel, its just a higher grade then hi-ten steel.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

9/7/2018 11:00 PM

dwader wrote:

Thanks, Broken. Forgot to add the "hi-ten" part. XD

But I mean depending on your bike's condition, you can do tricks on it until it breaks. Actually, that goes for every bike out there.

|

9/8/2018 3:08 AM

readybmxer wrote:

dwader wrote:

readybmxer wrote:

Thanks, Broken. Forgot to add the "hi-ten" part. XD

But I mean depending on your bike's condition, you can do tricks on it until it breaks. Actually, that goes for every bike out there.

What should I do with the bike?
=|

|

9/8/2018 5:40 AM

dwader wrote:

What should I do with the bike?
=|

Ride it

|