What foot do you use to hang 5?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2020 9:55 PM

I ride right foot forward grind right side throw the bars with my right hand but it just feels so much more natural and comfortable for me to have my left foot on my front peg. I see a majority doing it with their right leg on the peg

Am I weird? Or did everyone learning it with their right foot because they only use pegs on their right side?

|

2/28/2020 10:38 PM

I don’t do hang 5s but If I did I imagine the front brake would come in handy , you should look up a guy named Brian vowell, guy used to 360 spines into hang 5s , I’m pretty sure I remember that guy with a front brake

|

2/28/2020 11:55 PM

I ride right foot forward but use my left foot on the peg for hang 5's.

whatever works, works.

don't use front brakes for hang 5's.

that said, Vowell absolutely kills it. He rode front's because he's an 80's freestyler and we all rode 4 pegs / front breaks / gryo back then.

|

2/29/2020 12:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/29/2020 12:24 AM

I do them with my front foot, but I've seen plenty of people who do them with their back foot. Check out David Anderson, he does them goofy and he's amazing at hang 5s. Just go with whatever is comfortable.

|

2/29/2020 4:09 AM

Hang10s could solve this "problem" ...

|

2/29/2020 7:07 AM

Either foot works for me but I'm more comfortable on my right foot.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/29/2020 8:07 AM

Right foot forward, left foot for most peg work. Trying real hard to get comfortable with right foot on the peg, but it's slow going

|

Remember when you could ride all day and not be sore for a week?
Instagram: @theothermaj

2/29/2020 8:56 AM

Left foot forwards, and I don’t do hang-5s, but my right foot would be the more comfortable one. But if I did run pegs, they’d be on the right anyways.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn