What foot forward are you? Survey

Related:
Create New Tag

9/12/2017 10:49 PM

Please include:

Right or left handed?
Right or left foot forward?
Which way do you feel most comfortable carving?
Which way do you feel most comfortable spinning?

Any other details would be welcome as well!

|

9/12/2017 11:03 PM

I am right handed
Right foot forward
Carve and spin left

Can ride left foot forward but it feels strange to me.

|

9/12/2017 11:13 PM

Right handed, left foot forward, spin and carve right. I grind on my left side which sucks because my normal spin is a hard 180

I also play baseball and bat lefty. I'm very mixed when it comes to what side I do things on. I definitely can't ride right foot forward.

|

9/13/2017 1:09 AM

Right foot forward
Right handed
Carve both directions , I find it's important to be good at both ways for more lines in bowls
Spins more comfortable to the left but I do once in a while spin opposites , ally oop airs are really fun as well

|

9/13/2017 1:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2017 1:14 AM

Left handed
Left foot forward
carve/spin both directions but prefer left

|

Smoke Drink Die

9/13/2017 1:46 AM

Right handed
Left foot forward
carve in both directions but am more used to turn right
spin to the right, except when i do a regular grind to soft/easy rotation

|

IG: @_almost_crook

9/13/2017 4:31 AM

Right handed
Left footed
Carve right (but can & do in both directions)
Spin right

|

9/13/2017 5:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2017 6:04 AM

I am right handed and ride left foot forward and I carve and spin to the right and I grind on the left...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/13/2017 6:15 AM

Left handed
Left foot forward
Carve/spin to the right
Right side pegs

|

9/13/2017 6:39 AM

Right handed, right foot forward, carve/spin to the left, grind both sides but more naturally on the right

|

9/13/2017 11:13 AM

Right handed, left foot forward, carve right or left(more comfortable right), grind left(if I did but I don't right now), when I was trying 180's I could spin both ways but more comfortable to the right.

|

9/13/2017 11:29 AM

Im all sorts of fucked up.

right handed
left foot forward (feels right after skating for years)
carve either way
spin left

|

9/13/2017 12:00 PM

I'm ambidextrous, usually right foot forward and have no preference as to which direction I carve/spin. Only thing I can't really do both ways is tailwhips.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/13/2017 12:20 PM

Well, I am wrong. I thought automatically whatever hand you were dominant would factor in with what foot forward you ride.

Interesting to hear all the different perspectives!

|

9/13/2017 1:38 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Well, I am wrong. I thought automatically whatever hand you were dominant would factor in with what foot forward you ride.

It's interesting. I just went with my left foot because I'm a regular(left foot front) footed skateboarder and snowboarder. Most of the goofy footed guys I know are lefties. Thinking about bikes in skateboard terms messes me up a lot actually. I keep wanting you use frontside and backside and they don't apply.

|

9/13/2017 1:44 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

It's interesting. I just went with my left foot because I'm a regular(left foot front) footed skateboarder and snowboarder. Most of the goofy footed guys I know are lefties. Thinking about bikes in skateboard terms messes me up a lot actually. I keep wanting you use frontside and backside and they don't apply.

I skated when I was young. Never very good at anything besides being the fastest on the street. Could barely do ollies...lol

But I rode left foot forward as well. Felt natural i cant remember how I pushed though...I feel like i used my left foot in the rear and pushed with my right but that doesnt seem like it would make sense thinking about it.

|

9/13/2017 3:08 PM

Right handed
Left foot forward
Carve/spin to the right
Fastplant to the left.... :/
Left side pegs

|

9/13/2017 3:30 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Please include:

Right or left handed?

Right hand
Right forward
carving and spinning right...(but have never actually fully spun)

never even really thought about which foot was forward as being important till I joined this forum. I just got on my bike and rode. Jumped stuff, wrecked, tried again....still really don't think about it

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

9/13/2017 4:40 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

This is a common misconception.

Right Hand
Left Foot
Spin Both
Screw Pegs

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

9/13/2017 5:54 PM

Right handed.
Right foot forward.
Carve to the right.
Spin to the right.

I'm all sorts of fuck footed haha. I also tailwhip clockwise, when I should do it counter clockwise.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

9/13/2017 6:11 PM

Right handed
Left foot forward
Carve and spin right (but can spin and carve both directions reasonably equally) Also can bar both ways and close to whips both ways.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/13/2017 6:30 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I ride regular (left foot forward) and spin clockwise.

Tho I am right handed and left footed. Pretty much my entire upper body is dominant right and my lower body is dominant left.

Regular, meens I ride as if I am right handed and right footed. I am fine with the power and control of the upper body in the rotation, tho I lose power when it comes to my lower body since my right foot is in the back pushing/kicking the bike around and not my left (power) foot. My body cannot use its full potential.

Now the part that screws me up and I must fully concentrate on is, getting out of fakies. My left foot for some reason wants/likes to apply pressure back side of the crank. Putting my right foot forward and tilting the bike to the left.

|

9/13/2017 6:40 PM

Joe Breslin wrote:

Right handed, left foot forward, spin and carve right. I grind on my left side which sucks because my normal spin is a hard 180

I also play baseball and bat lefty. I'm very mixed when it comes to what side I do things on. I definitely can't ride right foot forward.

It makes sense to bat left side of the plate if your right eye is dominant which is the case in most right handers. From the get go, I was taught to bat lefty.

|

9/14/2017 5:54 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

I skated when I was young. Never very good at anything besides being the fastest on the street. Could barely do ollies...lol

But I rode left foot forward as well. Felt natural i cant remember how I pushed though...I feel like i used my left foot in the rear and pushed with my right but that doesnt seem like it would make sense thinking about it.

That's called pushing mongo, and it's entirely possible. Comes natural for some beginners. it's very frowned apon, so they usually get hassled about it. Makes setting up for tricks a lot harder, and it looks awful.

By the way, right handed, left forward, spin right, and never noticed a preference in carving. Skating for 20 years probably helped with that.

|

9/14/2017 5:59 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

ggallin422 wrote:

That's called pushing mongo, and it's entirely possible. Comes natural for some beginners. it's very frowned apon, so they usually get hassled about it. Makes setting up for tricks a lot harder, and it looks awful.

By the way, right handed, left forward, spin right, and never noticed a preference in carving. Skating for 20 years probably helped with that.

Ive been thinking about it more and now I am thinking I kept my right foot in the rear of the board. Pushed with my left and pivoted on my right foot and placed my left up front when coasting. Ya that seems more like what I used to do.

So Im a mongo man huh? Lol

|

9/14/2017 7:25 AM

Please include:

Right or left handed?
Right

Right

Left I can do both though

left and I grind left side as well but i can do both

its fun being fuck footed....

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

9/14/2017 9:54 AM

Right handed, right foot forward, carve left, spin left, grind left side

|

An Indian on a small bike

5/27/2019 1:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/27/2019 1:33 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Please include:

Right or left handed?

Right handed
Left foot forwards
Prefer to bar clockwise (pull right hand back)
Carve to the right, 180 right
I was wondering if any other left foot forwarders put there right leg down first or if that's just me?

|

5/27/2019 1:51 PM

You gotta be j_king.

|

5/27/2019 2:21 PM

Left handed
Left foot forward
Carve/spin to the right

|

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/_eli.173_/
Bike Check - Coming Soon!
Refs - dikdiamond