What frame is this?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/24/2016 6:37 PM

I have an old bmx frame with an oval cut out on the front of them headset area. Any idea what brand /model this is?Photo

|

7/24/2016 9:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2016 9:52 PM

Very strange... Was the oval cutout custom-made? Maybe the entire front end of this frame is custom, I've never seen integrated gyro tabs, either.

Maybe post a few more images?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

7/24/2016 10:36 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Very strange... Was the oval cutout custom-made? Maybe the entire front end of this frame is custom, I've never seen ...more

Integrated, or "welded gyro tabs" as they were called, were quite common years ago.

More pics of any distinguishing features, and post the serial number too. might be something there to go by.

|

7/28/2016 5:45 PM

The serial number is J64863138

|

7/28/2016 6:36 PM

Macniel did the welded tabs for a bit, but so did everyone else.

Press in headset cups tells me mid 00's or a bit older.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/28/2016 7:03 PM

I remember welded tabs like that. My early 2000's Blammo has similar tabs.

|

7/28/2016 7:18 PM

It had a DK sticker on it. I am not so sure it is a DK though. Also, does anyone know any brands with the Oval Cutout?

|

7/28/2016 7:37 PM

Jaydon_Benea wrote:

It had a DK sticker on it. I am not so sure it is a DK though. Also, does anyone know any brands with the Oval Cutout?

Nope. Eastern did 2 slits and eventually I think their "EB" logo.

Not many brands did cutouts, and not back that far that I recall. I would bet it was done by an owner of that frame.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/28/2016 8:16 PM

Jaydon_Benea wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Nope. Eastern did 2 slits and eventually I think their "EB" logo.

Not many brands did cutouts, and not back that far that I ...more

Well the bike itself was in bad condition, paint wise. I am restoring it. It is a very light frame. If the owner did the cutout he is very talented. It is very well done.

|