What guard sprockets come in 26t-27t?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/20/2016 1:12 PM

I'm looking for a guard sprocket in either 26 or 27t, unsure just now, but sadly those sizes aren't available in any of the common guard sprockets (odyssey's LG2, sunday's knox, subrosa's magnum, colony's menace, fit's key guard, s&m's x-man, eclat's AK damnit!, etc), so far all I've found that come in either 26, 27 or both are: Eclat Vent (26 and 27t), Madera signet (26 and 27t), Cinema Reel guard (27t only), and the old odyssey MDS seems to come in 27t although I cannot find it for sale anywhere (and also has the additional guard rail for 27t, which I can find, just cannot find the sprocket itself)

Would love to know if there's other 26 or 27t sprockets out there that I've yet to find, and also - amongst the ones I have found - if anyone knows which are thicker or thinner, I'd be very interested in hearing that as I'm intending to run it with the guard facing inward to the BB! Thanks in advance smile

|

9/20/2016 3:05 PM

The fit key guard comes in both those sizes I'm pretty sure, just hard to come across. Although 26t is very rare for any sprocket

|

9/20/2016 5:23 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

The fit key guard comes in both those sizes I'm pretty sure, just hard to come across. Although 26t is very rare for any ...more

It only comes in 25t and 28t.the regular key sprocket comes in 25, 27, 28 and 30 I think

|

9/20/2016 7:02 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

It only comes in 25t and 28t.the regular key sprocket comes in 25, 27, 28 and 30 I think

Yea those are the sizes. But really, is there much difference between 27 and 28? I ride 30-9 and when I used a 29t animal sprocket I noticed no difference.

|

9/20/2016 10:27 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

The fit key guard comes in both those sizes I'm pretty sure, just hard to come across. Although 26t is very rare for any ...more

Coopers25 wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Yea those are the sizes. But really, is there much difference between 27 and 28? I ride 30-9 and when I used a 29t animal ...more

The differences are minimal for sure, I went from 25:9 to 28:9 and I prefer my new gear ratio but I would like it a bit lower - so I know it's 26 or 27, and since my brother's bike is incredibly similar to mine in most respects expect the gear ratio, I have been using 25:9 and 28:9 back&forth the past couple days lol, I'd definitely go for a 27 over a 26 but either would do it for me - 25 is too soft and 28's too hard, it's not a problem I like it but since my sprocket's bent anyways and I've gotta get a new one, I know 28 isn't my ideal it's either 26 or 27 and since 28 feels more right than 25, 27 is my number :D That's pretty sweet because the eclat vent is THE ONLY 26T GUARD SPROCKET AVAILABLE, but 27t gives me a few options (eclat vent, madera signet and cinema reel), it's insane there's so few options especially no offerings by odyssey in the 26-27t range (unless you can hunt down an original MDS, I see none on danscomp, albes, empire or ebay, but they made the original in 27t offering, then stopped that when they 'upgraded' to the laguardia)

|