What handle bars should I get?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/22/2015 9:40 PM

I am trying to build a bike from scratch for the first time, but am having trouble finding dependable handle bars. I bike park and dirt. I am hoping to go mostly dirt because I am moving soon and there are very few close bikeparks. I like the Shadow Conspiracy Vultus bars were my first pic but i want either bars specialized for dirt or well rounded bars that work everywhere. I need strong light weight bars that will hopefully last for a long time. Are there any bars better than the Shadow Conspiracy handle bars that would fit me? I'm hoping for some answers Thanks!

|

5/23/2015 1:09 AM

Most people will vouch for tree bars becuae Sam makes sure all of their products work and work well. I am currently running kink wolf bars (8.5) and have no complaints. There are no dedicated bars for either park or trails or even street all are bars in the end of the day. Just get some with the geometry you want and there you go.

|

5/23/2015 1:29 AM

Can't go wrong with some S&m bars

|

5/23/2015 8:02 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Can't go wrong with some S&m bars

This. S&M bars all the way.

|

5/23/2015 8:49 AM

`Go to a local bike shop, and try to hold and feel what bars you like the most.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

5/23/2015 1:15 PM

What's wrong with the Vultus?
I seem to notice a lot of "trail" bars are like 1 degree upsweep and "street" bars have like 5 degrees upsweep.
But it's all about preference in the end.

i'd say the vultus with 3 is as well rounded a handlebar as you can get.

3 PHL posts in a row. lol

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

5/23/2015 2:45 PM

My vultus bars are great. Just about the only decent thing shadow makes. Look at tree moto bars.

|

5/23/2015 9:44 PM

Hey man. I have owned the BSD Highlander bars (Kriss Kyle's old setup) and they are wonderful! I ride park and street and occasionally dirt jumps, and when I had ridden the dirt jumps, I find that the 29 inches wide does a real nice job with bike control. I tried my friends bike with 27.5 wide, and it was harder to corner and made me feel unstable. The Highlanders are the best bars I've ever ridden! Hope this helps! :D

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn