What happend??

Related:
Create New Tag

1/27/2016 3:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2016 3:53 PM

Hey guys so got out of the bmx scene for about 8 years when i rode in my area it was alot of specialized bmx bikes they were easy to come by and were readily avalible at the local bike shop so heres my question where did all the specialized bmx bike series go and yes i know about the p series bikes but im talkin about the 20 inch bmx bikes like the fuse and what not my second question is does any one still ride specialized bmx bikes on here and what are ur thoughts on em are they reliable? Mine always seemed to be but too each his own i guess im curentlly riding a all but stock 2006 specilized fuse 3 and i love it easy to maintain and built tough it may not be the lightest bike out there but i dont really care about weight im oldschool lol so any input would be awesome thanks in advanced guys

|

Built to abuse

1/27/2016 4:09 PM

I have no idea about the specialized question but I noticed you're Gburg, I'm like 20-25 minutes away from you haha

|

1/27/2016 4:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2016 4:15 PM

Sunday bmxrr its me oldschool 89 lol i messaged u but never heard back this is my new profile junked the kink seen a slow crack in the top tube i wasnt gonna push it lol got a all but new fuse feels like old days again any how any other comments? thanks guys

|

Built to abuse

1/27/2016 4:19 PM

Specialized pulled their BMX program back in around 08/09 due to a lack of sales. They actually carried the 08/09 models over for around 2-3 years. Then a new guy stepped in and revamped the program, making some pretty solid bikes, and signing Daniel Dhers to their team. The sales weren't that great, and it seems like they haven't really done a whole lot these days.

The issue I think is that Specialized has a "Corporate" feel and doesn't really feel like a BMX company, largely due to them not putting a lot of effort into their BMX lines when compared to their bread and butter with their MTB and road lineup. They aren't a bad BMX, but they aren't sought after by any means.

As to being "oldschool" with a bike that is 10 years old, I wouldn't brag about it, because it doesn't make a person more of a badass for riding an old bike. There is a nostalgia factor though. Technology has improved a LOT and in the last 15 years, something like 10-15 lbs has easily been taken off most bikes. I started in 99 and rode a 45 lb Dyno with no pegs, brakes or grips (because I trashed em). Now nearly 17 years later my setup is around 25 with two brakes, 5 brake cables, 2 pegs and a freecoaster.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/27/2016 4:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2016 4:46 PM

Thanks for the reply dave that answered my question pertty well any how i wasnt really bragging about my bike being oldschool 10 years really is just a number lol i was refferimg to my self i have rode awhile myself i just remember days when 35 pd bikes were the norm lol nowadays it seems 25 or less so what im really saying is i dont give a shit about weight i can handle it and im looking at this perspective like back in the day but thanks again man awesome reply now does any one have experience with these bikes or still ride one thanks

|

Built to abuse

1/27/2016 4:27 PM

lol the only specialized bmx bike availible right now is $500 and has sw rims and all hi-ten steel...

|

1/27/2016 4:32 PM

I used to have a specialized. I didn't have it long so i can't remember the model, but it was a solid bike. I ended up trading it for a 2003 haro dave mirra 540 edition which i traded last year for a 2015 stolen sinner. Not too long ago i found a frame and fork of a 2002 specialized vegas vr-t by a trashcan. I haven't built it up or rode it or anything yet. I don't know if I will.

|

1/27/2016 4:37 PM

420bongblazer wrote:

lol the only specialized bmx bike availible right now is $500 and has sw rims and all hi-ten steel...

Awesome thanks for the replys guys now this 500 bike is it a p series bike or a 20 inch bmx bike 500 for hi ten screw that mine is all cro mo

|

Built to abuse

1/27/2016 4:45 PM

I meant tr-x lol oops. Photo

|

1/27/2016 4:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2016 4:50 PM

Thats awesome man wish i could find some treasures in trash i have so many parts laying around id build it just to see it as a complete bike again lol and u couldent go wrong with trading that haro for a brand new stolen bike thats a great deal

|

Built to abuse

1/27/2016 5:25 PM

420bongblazer wrote:

fusebmx89 wrote:

Awesome thanks for the replys guys now this 500 bike is it a p series bike or a 20 inch bmx bike 500 for hi ten screw that mine is all cro mo

It's a P series 20 inch. They lumped all Jumpers into the P series.

Even I am surprised by that Hi ten crap.

I guess they canned the BMX program again.

If you can find a 2013 P series Pro, they were a solid setup.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/archive/2013/p.series/p20pro

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/27/2016 5:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2016 5:30 PM

Lol wth dam might have to do some research on that p series pro thanks again man and high ten on a jumper thats insane for 500

|

Built to abuse

1/27/2016 5:39 PM

fusebmx89 wrote:

Thats awesome man wish i could find some treasures in trash i have so many parts laying around id build it just to see it as a complete bike again lol and u couldent go wrong with trading that haro for a brand new stolen bike thats a great deal

My 02 tr-x is all 4130. And yeah, i thought it waa a great deal too. So far ive only got about $160 into it in parts. Its coming together nice but i got couple more things i want to do to it. Back on specalized, you said you have enough parts to put it together? I don't see me ever using it. If you have any intrest in it, name your price.

|

1/27/2016 5:46 PM

Well bud honestly at the time i have so many projects im doing its unreal but id try to fix her up urself it looks like it would be a good clean build for sure ill keep u mind i appreciate it man thanks again

|

Built to abuse

1/27/2016 6:15 PM

fusebmx89 wrote:

Well bud honestly at the time i have so many projects im doing its unreal but id try to fix her up urself it looks like it would be a good clean build for sure ill keep u mind i appreciate it man thanks again

No problem. I would myself but im working on a couple more builds at the moment.

|

1/28/2016 8:00 AM

They used to kick ass when they had the tj Vegas bike , and tj lavin Allan Cooke and Chad kagy on their team

|

1/28/2016 10:16 AM

eskimojay wrote:

They used to kick ass when they had the tj Vegas bike , and tj lavin Allan Cooke and Chad kagy on their team

Yah thats the truth i still remember the shit tj lavin would pull on those dirt jumps that was insane

|

Built to abuse