What happened to standard byke company

Related:
Create New Tag

8/24/2019 11:02 AM

Does anyone know what happened to standard byke company? It seems like they only offer a few high end products now. I remember back in the day I owned quite a few standard products from pegs to forks.

|

8/24/2019 11:39 AM

Well with there being such a big selection of pegs on the market and the plastic sleeve take over i can see why they stopped making them

But im pretty sure they still make forks could me wrong though been awhile since ive been on their website

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

8/24/2019 11:53 AM

I’m pretty sure they just concentrate on frames, forks and bars now. All made in house. They had stems on their website last time I looked. The market is saturated with cheap stuff. The price of American made can’t compete, plus they don’t have the following they used to.
Rick was a bit of a nob at one point (at the end of their hay day) hence pretty much the whole team leaving, or so the story goes.

|

8/24/2019 6:00 PM

Standard, S/M, FBM. All solid Domestic stuff welded by American workers. Standard still pumps out rad stuff. Dylan Thayer rides for them and he shreds check out The Way Out video edit they dropped a few months ago. But yeh, they don't offer much premade options and it seems they are catering alot to guys wanting custom spec'd frames. If you find something you really love you could always send them the specs and they will build it. Last time I talked to them about a custom build i was told roughly 5 to 6 weeks. Which seems fair imo. Standard is up and up. There is nothing bad anyone can legitimately say about Rick. The man is a Rock in the core bmx industry.

|

8/25/2019 9:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2019 9:18 PM

They make frames, forks, and bars in house now and are able to do a lot of custom work. They outsource machined items so that can be a bit of a pain. So stems and sprockets etc come and go. They have a great line of soft goods too. Back in the day there was a need for stronger parts all around but now everyone makes decent stuff so the demand just isn't there. They just moved in to a new custom built shop and are cranking stuff out as usual. The team is still stacked with talent, just more low key dudes and racers. They hook up a crazy amount of riders and always have. Rick and Jess are the best!

|

8/25/2019 11:09 PM

they sucked too hard and went out of business

|

13 years old

8/26/2019 6:58 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Standard, S/M, FBM. All solid Domestic stuff welded by American workers. Standard still pumps out rad stuff. Dylan Thayer rides for them and he shreds check out The Way Out video edit they dropped a few months ago. But yeh, they don't offer much premade options and it seems they are catering alot to guys wanting custom spec'd frames. If you find something you really love you could always send them the specs and they will build it. Last time I talked to them about a custom build i was told roughly 5 to 6 weeks. Which seems fair imo. Standard is up and up. There is nothing bad anyone can legitimately say about Rick. The man is a Rock in the core bmx industry.

Not true, the only bad thing is that we don't see much of his riding these days, and what we do see is only on the ramps in their warehouse. I'd love a solid edit of him ripping a full park. Guy is awesome on a bike.

As to the brand, nail on the head. They are still going, just making more custom stuff. They do some race stuff too-but pulled back on the completes etc. When Danscomp stopped carrying their stuff, I feel like they took a bit of a hit and scaled down.

BUT they do a lot of rad things. If I had a ton of $ I would have a Standard MTB, BMX and CX bike for sure.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/26/2019 12:58 PM

Thanks everyone, I ran across some of my old standard stuff in a junk box and it brought back memorys.

|

8/26/2019 7:20 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Not true, the only bad thing is that we don't see much of his riding these days, and what we do see is only on the ramps in their warehouse. I'd love a solid edit of him ripping a full park. Guy is awesome on a bike.

As to the brand, nail on the head. They are still going, just making more custom stuff. They do some race stuff too-but pulled back on the completes etc. When Danscomp stopped carrying their stuff, I feel like they took a bit of a hit and scaled down.

BUT they do a lot of rad things. If I had a ton of $ I would have a Standard MTB, BMX and CX bike for sure.

I’m not sure I’m following you on the “Not true” opening of your statement, as I am in complete agreement with you. What was it that is not true about what I said?

|

8/26/2019 7:56 PM

Standard sta is on my bucket list to pick up hopefully soon!

|

brakeless maniac

8/27/2019 12:38 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

I’m not sure I’m following you on the “Not true” opening of your statement, as I am in complete agreement with you. What was it that is not true about what I said?

Pretty sure he's saying that when you said "There is nothing bad anyone can legitimately say about Rick" that isn't true as it's a bad thing that you don't see him ride much anymore

|

8/27/2019 5:02 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

The "There is nothing bad anyone can legitimately say about Rick." part. The only bad thing about Rick (and really all the guys from his era-but especially Road Fools 8 era) is a lack of more modern riding footage.

Did you see Brian Vowell seems to have picked up a bike again? Seems he stopped for a long time. So rad.

Guy is still the only one to 360 a spine to hang 5. He also did bar to hang 5 about 8 years before anyone else did.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/27/2019 6:24 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

The "There is nothing bad anyone can legitimately say about Rick." part. The only bad thing about Rick (and really all the guys from his era-but especially Road Fools 8 era) is a lack of more modern riding footage.

Did you see Brian Vowell seems to have picked up a bike again? Seems he stopped for a long time. So rad.

Guy is still the only one to 360 a spine to hang 5. He also did bar to hang 5 about 8 years before anyone else did.

Nice. My favorite rider interview of all time was Brian Vowell interviewing Mark Gonzales(the Bmx rider not the skater). Props issue 1998ish.

|