What hub guards?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/7/2017 4:57 AM

I got pegs but I don't have hub guards and from what I heard grinding without them is really bad so I haven't tried grinding yet. I'm not sure which hub guards to get because my hubs are just Hoffman ones that don't say a company.
Here is what the specs on Hoffman's website say for my hubs
FRONT HUBS: 36H Alloy, 3/8″ axle
REAR HUBS: 36H, 9T Cassette, 14MM axle, 5 Sealed bearing, AL Shell
Also would it be ok if I started to learn grinds now or is it actually that bad?

|

An Indian on a small bike

8/7/2017 9:24 AM

You should be fine to learn feebles, but double pegs and smiths should be done with hub guards.

As for what hub guards you should get, I'd say g-sport gland MK3 for the front (here's a link

As for rear hubguard, the daily grinds rear hubguard should work. Can be bought Here

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

8/7/2017 11:22 AM

I second the glands. They are the best for protecting hubs, and spokes. Most only guard hubs. I think the new glands have a rear specific guard now. I'd say get both. Get a mk3 for the front, because it's bigger and protects more, and a mk4 for the back(rear specific)

|

8/8/2017 6:02 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

You should be fine to learn feebles, but double pegs and smiths should be done with hub guards.

As for what hub guards you ...more

Could I get gland mark 4s for both hubs. They have front and rear specific and they're quite cheap. The other daily grinds seem quite expensive

|

An Indian on a small bike

8/8/2017 6:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2017 6:06 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

As for what hub guards you ...more

Ved_goswami wrote:

Could I get gland mark 4s for both hubs. They have front and rear specific and they're quite cheap. The other daily grinds ...more

Yeah go for it. I only said the mk3 for the front, because it's bigger, and protects more area, which is good to have when learning grinds. They will both work fine though.

|