What hub is this?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/10/2013 12:34 PM

I have this Eastern 48-spoke 3/8 front hub that I cannot seem to identify for the life of me. It was thrown in with a trade so I really am clueless as to what it might be.

Sorry about the crappy quality my phone's camera somehow lost the ability to focus in an accident. lol

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Insta: @devicacy

12/10/2013 2:27 PM

Just one of their stock sealed hubs off of an older bike. Nothing special, I would personally play around with it and try to lathe it out for 6902 bearings and female it, lace it to an Odyssey or Gsport rim, and try to get some money off of it.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/10/2013 2:34 PM

Eastern stock hub

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/10/2013 2:41 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Just one of their stock sealed hubs off of an older bike. Nothing special, I would personally play around with it and try to ...more

this could easily work, you just need a floating center axle like this

[LINK TO IMAGE]

or, on the rare chance that you can find a regular center axle that is the same length in between where the bearings go in the hub, that will do too.

the floating axle design is more likely though, all you'd need to do is cut it down to size, get an internal spacer for it, cone spacers, & bolts. probably more money spent on buying that though so it probably wouldn't be that worth it. I know cutting it down to size will work, I modded a 14mm Odyssey hazard lite front hub to accept a female axle before

|

12/10/2013 2:43 PM

i laughed so hard when i opened this but then read what you said, more than likely it is a stock hub from back in the day

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/10/2013 2:45 PM

btw that's a 36h not a 48h

|

12/10/2013 2:55 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

this could easily work, you just need a floating center axle like this

[LINK TO IMAGE]

or, on the rare chance that you can ...more

Or you just lathe the hub to accept 6902 or 6802 bearings, put em in that bitch, and throw a primo 15mm center axle with some cheap press on hardware (BSD, Profile) and buy some 3/8x16tpi bolts from the hardware store.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/10/2013 3:13 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Or you just lathe the hub to accept 6902 or 6802 bearings, put em in that bitch, and throw a primo 15mm center axle with some ...more

6802 is shit, and the axle in the picture is the primo axle haha. still need the internal spacer for it though,

[LINK TO IMAGE]

the piece in between the center axle & the bolts, that's the hub I used the pieces from. still had to cut the spacer & axle down slightly for it to work right

|

12/10/2013 3:22 PM

thanks guys.
good thing is that hub was just a random throw in, didn't really affect the trade at all.
& haha yeah i just noticed that. he just said it was a 48 and i wasn't paying attention (I'm attentive lol)

|

Insta: @devicacy

12/10/2013 3:32 PM

Looks to be the FastAce XA08FBSA rebranded as an Eastern.

|

12/10/2013 3:33 PM

Fondue wrote:

Looks to be the FastAce XA08FBSA rebranded as an Eastern.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|