What hubguards with profile hubs?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/13/2013 1:37 PM

I just got a new set of wheels (profile mini ss hubs) and i wanted to get hubguards but i dont want to buy the profile hubguards from danscomp cause they are a lot more exspensive than other brands and i didnt like the front one cause its like only half and i was just wondering if there is different ones that will work with these hubs they are profile mini ss 14mm front and back and RHD 9T driver if anyone could let me know what other hubguards will work with these it would be greatly appreciated! (((front and back are both 14mm axels)))
-----Thanks------

|

Go big or go home

5/13/2013 4:32 PM

S&M or Dailly grind rear hub guard will work for the rear end, not sure for the front g-sport plastic guards might work, would be sweet if the rear would fit the front too

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

5/13/2013 4:47 PM

The S&M Cymbal guard fits for sure and is supposed to be really good, it;s made out of chromoly instead of aluminium.
As for the front I think you will have to take the Profile ones otherwise GLANDS.
I think BSD might make a plastic guard for the rear one.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/13/2013 4:54 PM

andyferly wrote:

The S&M Cymbal guard fits for sure and is supposed to be really good, it;s made out of chromoly instead of aluminium.
As for the front I think you will have to take the Profile ones otherwise GLANDS.
I think BSD might make a plastic guard for the rear one.

yea the S&M one is bad ass ive got one on my ride right now

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

5/13/2013 5:15 PM

Thanks guys i think what im going to do is buy the back guard and when it comes in ill see if it will fit the front if it does then ill order another one for the front unless anyone else knows of any hub guards that will fit a front 14mm axel profile mini cause i really didnt wanna get the gsport ones cause they are plastic

|

Go big or go home

5/13/2013 5:18 PM

madmike12 wrote:

Thanks guys i think what im going to do is buy the back guard and when it comes in ill see if it will fit the front if it does then ill order another one for the front unless anyone else knows of any hub guards that will fit a front 14mm axel profile mini cause i really didnt wanna get the gsport ones cause they are plastic

I am pretty sure the S&M hub guard will NOT fit your front hub.
As for the GSports those are some of the best hub/spoke guards on the market.
They don't break they grind smooth, and with smooth I mean really smooth and also have a lifetime warranty.
I think they are the only brand that has lifetime warranty on a hub guard, that is literally make to get beat up.

|

5/13/2013 5:25 PM

madmike12 wrote:

andyferly wrote:

I am pretty sure the S&M hub guard will NOT fit your front hub.
As for the GSports those are some of the best hub/spoke guards on the market.
They don't break they grind smooth, and with smooth I mean really smooth and also have a lifetime warranty.
I think they are the only brand that has lifetime warranty on a hub guard, that is literally make to get beat up.

Your hub will still get beat up with a gland and your spokes will still get bent if you hit your guards alot

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/13/2013 5:27 PM

if they have a lifetime warranty i guess it wouldnt hurt to get it to try it out cause its only 10$ but for the back i do like the chromoly one that you suggested cause it is prob a lot tougher and i dont wanna have to replace hubguards all the time

|

Go big or go home

5/13/2013 5:28 PM

SnM An1mal wrote:

Your hub will still get beat up with a gland and your spokes will still get bent if you hit your guards alot

I never bent a spoke with the gland.
They don't cover the cone nuts too well but the purpose of a hub guard even if it's a contradiction is to protect the spokes from snapping and also to avoid your shell to break or scratch, but mainly for spokes.

|

5/13/2013 5:29 PM

madmike12 wrote:

if they have a lifetime warranty i guess it wouldnt hurt to get it to try it out cause its only 10$ but for the back i do like the chromoly one that you suggested cause it is prob a lot tougher and i dont wanna have to replace hubguards all the time

Trust me the GSport one will last you a while.
I think S&M / GSport is your best option.

|

5/13/2013 5:31 PM

SnM An1mal wrote:

Yeah thats what i figured but i have been grinding for a while now on my old wheels and have noticed not much spoke or hub damage but the main reason i wanted to get hub guards is because i spent 500$ on new wheels and i want to keep the hubs as nice as possible

|

Go big or go home

5/13/2013 5:34 PM

andyferly wrote:

Yeah thats what im prob going to end up getting thanks for the help

|

Go big or go home

5/13/2013 5:59 PM

andyferly wrote:

I have another question will the s&m hubguard rotate with the wheel or stay in place with the peg?

|

Go big or go home

5/13/2013 6:00 PM

madmike12 wrote:

andyferly wrote:

madmike12 wrote:

I have another question will the s&m hubguard rotate with the wheel or stay in place with the peg?

Nope it will stay in place, the Gland will rotate though.

|

5/13/2013 6:02 PM

andyferly wrote:

allright thanks again

|

Go big or go home

5/13/2013 6:06 PM

madmike12 wrote:

andyferly wrote:

madmike12 wrote:

allright thanks again

No worries.

|

5/13/2013 6:45 PM

If its a 3/8ths front version. 1. Get yourself some Hex Head bolts will make life ALOT easier getting the pegs on & off & 2. Superstar do a hub guard that fits profile 3/8ths front hubs, its not a shitty half guard like the profile one & its the only other guard i know of specifically for the profile front hub. For the rear, i would recommend a Daily Grind or S&M Cymbal also. Dont mess around with plastic guards & if you want a guard that will last forever heat treated chromoly is the way to go!

|

5/13/2013 6:47 PM

Plzdntfailmeagn broke his minis hubshell in half, don't ride them cuz empire won't replace it

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/13/2013 7:03 PM

or get profile guards.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/13/2013 10:27 PM

dont be tight and just buy profile hub guards lol, worth every penny.

|

5/13/2013 10:49 PM

Topsey wrote:

If its a 3/8ths front version. 1. Get yourself some Hex Head bolts will make life ALOT easier getting the pegs on & off & 2. Superstar do a hub guard that fits profile 3/8ths front hubs, its not a shitty half guard like the profile one & its the only other guard i know of specifically for the profile front hub. For the rear, i would recommend a Daily Grind or S&M Cymbal also. Dont mess around with plastic guards & if you want a guard that will last forever heat treated chromoly is the way to go!

The thing is he bought the 14mm front one.

|

5/13/2013 11:25 PM

future FBM wrote:

Plzdntfailmeagn broke his minis hubshell in half, don't ride them cuz empire won't replace it

Hahaha I was reading through all this seeing if there was anything else I could add for input, then saw this and lol'd.

as for a guard, the front Aegis guard MIGHT fit. Might, as in I don't know for sure and am only guessing because both hubs' axles are the same size where the cone spacers go. Essentially, the hub is exactly like the 3/8 mini front hub, only it has a 14mm axle. I think it'd fit but it sit over some of the threaded part as well. not a big deal I don't think, but an alternative to the GLAND if you don't want it

|

5/14/2013 7:53 AM

Caelum Persson wrote:

I would have bought em if they made em in a 14mm front thats the only issue im having is to find a hubguard for a 14mm front, and i have no clue if any 14mm rear hubguard will fit in the front

|

Go big or go home

5/14/2013 12:36 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

madmike12 wrote:

I would have bought em if they made em in a 14mm front thats the only issue im having is to find a hubguard for a 14mm front, and i have no clue if any 14mm rear hubguard will fit in the front

they sell a 14mm version of the front one

|

5/14/2013 1:02 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

what website cause danscomp, albes, and empire sell the 3/8 front only not a 14mm front

|

Go big or go home

5/14/2013 1:05 PM

madmike12 wrote:

Caelum Persson wrote:

madmike12 wrote:

what website cause danscomp, albes, and empire sell the 3/8 front only not a 14mm front

albes do lol check the options

|

5/14/2013 1:19 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

Wow! thanks i could of swore when i checked it was only 3/8 thanks man!

|

Go big or go home

5/14/2013 1:21 PM

madmike12 wrote:

Caelum Persson wrote:

madmike12 wrote:

Here then select the 14mm option.
|

5/14/2013 1:21 PM

madmike12 wrote:

Caelum Persson wrote:

madmike12 wrote:

Wow! thanks i could of swore when i checked it was only 3/8 thanks man!

allgood dude

|