What hurts worse?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/30/2014 6:53 PM

I am bored and I hurt myself pretty often so I figured I could figure out something to post...

What do you guys think hurts worse, hitting your knee off of your stem or getting a pedal bite?

I think knee on the stem is worse. My shins are so scarred up that they're sort of numb to being hit with pedals. But when I bash my knee off of my stem, I just want to lay down and die.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/30/2014 7:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2014 7:09 PM

I think I've hit my shin off my stem maybe three times max, but it seems like I get at least one Shinner every session haha. Based off that I'm gonna have to say pedal bite just because that shit fucking hurts dude haha

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

5/30/2014 7:10 PM

I have had both go horribly wrong. You remember at wheelmill I killed my knee. I still feel it from time to time.

When I first got a coaster I didn't remember the slack and smashed my knee badly off a very mean stem. I think I may have actually chipped or dented my knee cap before. I have also gotten pedal bite with metal pedals all the way up my shin. It really isn't as bad as the knee problems. Now that my top tube is a bit longer I'm okay. Haha but when I had that one at wheel mill I seriously messed it up. Like I had trouble walking later that week. Stuff never stops me from riding though. Hahaha I usually just take a ton of ibuprofen And grow some balls

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/30/2014 7:11 PM

Knee is technically the worst because it's a joint & hitting it will cause pain when moving it. Shin though for me, is a lot of pain. My left shin I slammed several times when learning whips & the one time I hit it so hard it hurt, swelled up down to my ankle & hurt to even glide my finger over it. It healed up then did the same thing when I hit it again, so I just started wearing shin guards cause it never did that before. That hurt way worse than any hit to the knee I've ever gotten, but I'd still prefer neither.

|

5/30/2014 7:13 PM

I have a deformed knee due to muscle injury causing my kneecap to add protein on to attempt to keep my muscle on. In other words , I can't pedal up a hill without a fair amount of pain.

If I hit my bad knee , honestly not exaggerating , I'd fucking be on the ground for an hour and wouldn't be able to walk for at least a week.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/30/2014 7:21 PM

If my shins aren't covered in scabs, then they are bruised and swollen. Right now, as many of you know, I've been trying crankflips so my left shin has gashes all over it and it's purple and swollen, the right one is a little bit bruised and it has a few minor cuts on it.

Today, I was trying crankflips in my garage and I hit my knee off of my stem really hard. So I made this really weird noise, dropped my bike and limp-sprinted upstairs and sat in my dad's recliner for at least 10 minutes. I'd like to think I have a high pain tolerance with everything besides nut shots and hitting my knee off of my stem. I used to cry when I hit my knee off of my stem as a kid. It sucks!

|

YouTube

5/30/2014 7:37 PM

Both suck, but i have to pick pedal bite as the worse. A hit on the stem usually lasts a few minutes and then i'm fine to keep riding. With pedal bite it hurts with a different kind of pain. A tearing pain rather than a dull lasting pain. When i tear up my shin i bleed everywhere and then get scabs and scars. Fun fact; i tore some chunks out of my leg doing a feeble, then kept riding and let the blood run all the way down my leg. I just had to get my clips for the vital edit!

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

5/30/2014 8:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2014 8:20 PM

neither because knee and shin pads hahaha.

on a serious note, shinners suck because you have to live with a wound for maybe a week or two while a normal knee to stem only lasts a day unless its a super bad knee to stem

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

5/30/2014 8:44 PM

Nuts between seat and rear wheel that's pain

|

5/30/2014 8:58 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Nuts between seat and rear wheel that's pain

Nuts to toptube when trying to caveman out of the bed of a truck. sick

|

YouTube

5/30/2014 9:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/30/2014 9:29 PM

Anything Bollocks related usually isn't the greatest haha!

When I wrecked My Shoulder, things slowly went down hill to now. I've got an assessment for serious sports physio & I've been told 2 Years & I'll be as close as I'm gunna get to fixed. They are however confident I'll be Riding over the summer, just have to be careful!

To My point, Dislocation with a small muscle tear is one of the most painful things I have EVER experienced! I still have the odd Sublax, but I've been shown how to relocate My Arm & told to take My Morphine & if I'm still in pain after a Couple of days, go to A&E! Don't ever dislocate people!

|

5/30/2014 9:36 PM

Topsey wrote:

When I wrecked My Shoulder, things slowly went down hill to now. ...more

Lol we are all talking about shinners and hitting our knees and how bad that hurts, and then Topsey comes in the thread and tells us all what's up! Haha

In reality, I've been really lucky with injuries. I've had more riding related injuries than anyone in my 'crew' but so many guys like yourself had/have it SOOOO much worse. Like we should all be very thankful.

|

YouTube

5/31/2014 2:03 AM

hands down knee. especially after you fuck your knee up. its never the same and just that tap from the stem kills for a while

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

5/31/2014 2:45 AM

I fucking detest both types of pain, but nothing compares to sackwack.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/31/2014 4:38 AM

i broke my knee doing 360 on a spine but i still think that ankle pain is worse

|

failed again

6/1/2014 6:22 AM

LOL SACKWACK! i can only say I've been pedal biten. and it blows. every time. it almost puts me out of my session then im like fuck it and walk it off lol

|

6/1/2014 7:14 AM

landing your whole body weight on your upper spine/back. When that happened i had to crawl to my car cause standing up was just so much pain. Did not went to hospital just took a whole week to recover

|

6/1/2014 2:04 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Both suck, but i have to pick pedal bite as the worse. A hit on the stem usually lasts a few minutes and then i'm fine to keep ...more

Hey Blaaaa I got my knee in that vid on facebook on the weekend. The one where the first one is that weird mix up fall hahaha.
But back to the op, I would defiantly say knee. especially when it splits and it's your main pivot point too

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

6/1/2014 2:13 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Both suck, but i have to pick pedal bite as the worse. A hit on the stem usually lasts a few minutes and then i'm fine to keep ...more

jamiespadina wrote:

Hey Blaaaa I got my knee in that vid on facebook on the weekend. The one where the first one is that weird mix up fall hahaha. ...more

I saw.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

6/1/2014 2:39 PM

do the pedals have plastic or metal pins? Have the pins been grinded on? those make huge differences in the amount of pain

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/1/2014 2:52 PM

Topsey wrote:

When I wrecked My Shoulder, things slowly went down hill to now. ...more

You're right man, dislocation sucks. dislocated my knee and both shoulders. shoulders would have to be the worst because even just landing a bit weird can pop them back out then thats the session gone. I bring a towel with me now to get it back in.
Hope yours is alright and the tissue and ligaments get back into an alright shape man. Bloody sucks at lest with a break it can heal back up properly

|

6/1/2014 2:53 PM

tomdon wrote:

do the pedals have plastic or metal pins? Have the pins been grinded on? those make huge differences in the amount of pain

Odyssey bear traps

|

6/1/2014 3:12 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

You're right man, dislocation sucks. dislocated my knee and both shoulders. shoulders would have to be the worst because even ...more

Thanks Man, I've got a bit of inflammation in the soft tissue & some muscle wastage atm, but physio should be able to sort that out! Hope all is well with Yours Mate smile

|

6/1/2014 3:21 PM

Topsey wrote:

Thanks Man, I've got a bit of inflammation in the soft tissue & some muscle wastage atm, but physio should be able to sort ...more

Same thing here with me. Slipped a nose bonk down a drop and fell right on my elbow which managed to push it out last. But yeah getting better. just trying to take it a little easy for a bit smile Great luck to the future

|

6/1/2014 4:38 PM

Another One that sucked complete donkey boner, was missing the catch on a Hop Bars,trying to not slam & having the Bike bounce up into My face! Corner of the Bars straight to the Front Teeth! I was in AGONY! Honestly more painful than My shoulder! Ended up having emergency root canal surgery! Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be though! Minimal pain for SOOOOOOOO much relief when it was over!

|

6/1/2014 4:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/1/2014 4:47 PM

tomdon wrote:

jamiespadina wrote:

Odyssey bear traps

That's not even funny. Those things are like amputators

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/1/2014 5:02 PM

tomdon wrote:

jamiespadina wrote:

Odyssey bear traps

tomdon wrote:

That's not even funny. Those things are like amputators

hAHAHHHAHAH I know to well. were my first pair of pedals. bloody scary

|