What in the hell Haro?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/11/2020 12:59 PM

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

2/11/2020 1:00 PM

Oh wow.

Literally have no words lol.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

2/11/2020 1:30 PM

it's not a flatland frame?

it's a repop of their 1988/89 frame.

it was a time when freestyle was evolving. the term 'street' was new. pegs being use for 'street' was new. etc.

with that said. I thought it sucked back then and think it sucks now.

however. there are like six people in the world that liked them and now have money to build up that bike they couldn't afford back in the 80's.

I have no issue with what other people spend their money one.

|

2/11/2020 1:33 PM

pnj wrote:

it's not a flatland frame?

it's a repop of their 1988/89 frame.

it was a time when freestyle was evolving. the term 'street' was new. pegs being use for 'street' was new. etc.

with that said. I thought it sucked back then and think it sucks now.

however. there are like six people in the world that liked them and now have money to build up that bike they couldn't afford back in the 80's.

I have no issue with what other people spend their money one.

STOP DEFENDING IT!
No but seriously though, I figured it was a flatland frame since the "Master" Series is actually flatland oriented and it's on flatlandfuel. Though I guess the "bash guard" actually kinda gives away that it isn't a flatland frame. Either way that bottom bracket looks like it'll snap off with no force at all.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

2/11/2020 2:24 PM

John bultjens is off his rocker with this retro shit , that complete bike version is even uglier

|

2/11/2020 2:28 PM

|

2/11/2020 6:46 PM

Fugly to the bone...

And yes, I agree, that bottom bracket looks broke from the factory..

|

2/11/2020 7:12 PM

They love that hideous thing on BMX Museum. Ugliest bike I've ever seen.

|

2/11/2020 7:22 PM

Looks like a misalignment issue just waiting to happen. With a normal frame, the stays, downtube and seattube coming together on the BB help keep everything straight. With this, one slight error in the jig could lead to the bike pointing one way and the sprocket pointing another. It could only be very slightly off-axis and you'd have issues with dropping chains. Just a thought...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/11/2020 7:22 PM

Oh now.This was the bmx industries first attempt to protect the sprocket from getting trashed from grinding ect.These things lasted about two or three years and fell off.(can you say five plus pound frames?)
Even GT had one

They really didn't catch on and towards the end some companies made bolt on versions.Notice in the picture that street/park riders were still using 44-16.

One day someone tried 25-9 and the rest is history.

|

MVGA

2/11/2020 7:24 PM

I wonder about the size of sprocket being compatible with that thing.

|

2/11/2020 9:55 PM

that Caveman frame that Mike Escamillia (sp?) put out a few years ago was a nod to this haro frame.

|

2/12/2020 3:14 AM

Cellmember wrote:

I wonder about the size of sprocket being compatible with that thing.

will work with 44t, and anything smaller i would assume. i think they are actually pretty cool. haro been doing this for 4-5 years now though..

|

2/12/2020 5:54 AM

Definitely an overreaction in my book.

Haro, much like MANY companies across many industries, is doing a throwback because they KNOW that much of the clientele from that era are a bunch of old farts (in many cases with money) working on reliving their youth via the things they did back then, potentially with their kids.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/12/2020 7:04 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Haro, much like MANY companies across many industries, is doing a throwback because they KNOW that much of the clientele from that era are a bunch of old farts (in many cases with money) working on reliving their youth via the things they did back then, potentially with their kids.

Awww, you KNOW the only people buying this frame are the old sweaty circlejerkers over on bmxmuseum!

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

2/12/2020 7:14 AM

i'd rather get the matthias frame.

|

fack off

2/12/2020 7:18 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

i'd rather get the matthias frame.

Same here, though I’d bust a nut it S&M would rerelease that sexy goosenecked intrikat frame.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

2/12/2020 9:53 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

Awww, you KNOW the only people buying this frame are the old sweaty circlejerkers over on bmxmuseum!

only 25 of each color being made.

so yea. it's not a very in demand item.

|

2/12/2020 10:32 AM

I'll try to say this in a nice way.

Yes, it's ugly to a lot of people. But is it really wise to criticize them for making choices available that are not the norm? Should companies only make what we think is good?

I grew up in the 70's and 80's when there were less choices of everything. More choices are better. IMHO.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus.

2/12/2020 11:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2020 11:12 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

HavokDJ wrote:

pnj wrote:

only 25 of each color being made.

so yea. it's not a very in demand item.

25 of each colour too many

|

2/12/2020 1:57 PM

Fortyseven wrote:

Yes, it's ugly to a lot of people. But is it really wise to criticize them for making choices available that are not the norm? Should companies only make what we think is good?

I grew up in the 70's and 80's when there were less choices of everything. More choices are better. IMHO.

Just opinions, you can like and dislike whatever you or anyone wants. It's either ugly or not to the person judging it. I think it's ugly but I can imagine others love it. Just preference. Companies will make what the majority think is good because it's what's trendy and what sell or I should say what ever sells the most is what they'll continue on till it changes I guess. Yes you are correct more choices are better much much better.

|

2/13/2020 9:42 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

Cellmember wrote:

Just opinions, you can like and dislike whatever you or anyone wants. It's either ugly or not to the person judging it. I think it's ugly but I can imagine others love it. Just preference. Companies will make what the majority think is good because it's what's trendy and what sell or I should say what ever sells the most is what they'll continue on till it changes I guess. Yes you are correct more choices are better much much better.

Honestly these throwbacks are more for nostalgia than anything. I doubt most of the people buying up the "classic" throwbacks are actually sessioning super hard on em.

Sure there are exceptions to that, but many of the older riders locally to me collect stuff they had as kids/teenagers, and make it radeable, but use it to cruise down the street.

Kinda like if you bought an old video game system (ps 1/2/3, Xbox/360, NES/Super NES/N64/Gamecube/Wii, Genesis/Dreamcast etc) you had as a kid. You might play an old game ot two for fun for a bit, but your Xbox one/PS4/Switch will see more gaming.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/13/2020 3:23 PM

That frame is bad ass

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit