What inspired you to start riding?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/7/2016 10:27 AM

Personally I was way into dave mirra and the video games as a younger kid (I'm only 15 now) but when the videos were recent Aaron Ross's sunday funday color themed color scheme bikes were my favorite, still want one of the sunday/etnies collab bikes honestly, also watched some of garrett reynold's work
In more recent months I've been watching stevie churchill, all inspire me to ride harder than I am at any time.
so, what keeps you interested and inspired to try new things on your bike?

|

10/7/2016 10:34 AM

Boredem is why i started riding. Now i can't live without riding.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/7/2016 10:47 AM

1976...7 years old - .riding my regular bike on the paved bike trail. Saw an opening in the trees and wanted to go into it. Bike couldn't handle it. Parents got me a Huffy Thunder road and started folowing my friends older brothers onto those trails. Saw the dirt jumps they had made deep in the woods, and everyones Redlines, Hutch's and Diamond Backs. Started saving money for a "real" dirt bike. This older kid in the neighborhood - Rob - who was the "crazy metalhead skater" type had just got a Mongoose Motomag...those mag wheels were it! I saved and finally got my own Mongoose Supergoose. rob would launch himself off of anything and i would sort of follow. We were the only 2 kids who had the Mongoose bikes...the cream of the crop back then...

I lived on that bike and the Motomag that replaced it when it got stolen...pretty much from 7-16. Funny that back then, we knew of no one outside of our local circle. I did not have any superstar heroes living where we did. We did not even get any of the BMX magazines. Now-a-days with the tube and social media, it is easy to find superstars. My "superstar" was Rob the crazy metalhead...and it was awesome!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/7/2016 11:33 AM

I got into riding in 94 as a 13 year old. . Remember the old school stuff just about but was too young when that was going on. Anyway, a few of my friends rode, so I became interested and bought a second hand diamondback. I didn't take it too seriously, just kind of riding around and hanging out at the jumps my friends had built. Then in 95 I went to backyard jam and it all changed drastically. I was hooked, started buying magazines and videos with my pocket money, and my dad bought me a 95 GT performer.
I've given up a few times over the years, due to money, other hobbies, and growing up. But it's been in my blood since my teens and I've always come back for a while.

The main thing that keeps me going is the older riders. Even if they're not good. I've come to terms that I'm past my best. But just being out on my bike and enjoying it keeps me going. Other older riders remind me that I don't have to quit just because I'm getting older, and it's those riders that I get most stoked from watching too. Only one of my old friends still rides, and he's an inspiration to me too. Unfortunately, due to both being married with kids, and work, we don't get to ride together much. But when we do it's awesome!

|

10/7/2016 12:06 PM

Skated and had some fun jumping on non bmx bikes in the neighborhood. Moved to a farm with almost no concrete, started riding and building jumps. Fast forward 17 years and here we are.

It's a good time, and a good stress killer for me.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/7/2016 2:06 PM

Watching jay miron and Dave mirra battle it out at x games vert then watching lavin nasty and nyquist battle it out at x games dirt , think that was a San Francisco x games

|

10/7/2016 2:10 PM

Garretts Nike 6.0 part

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/7/2016 4:35 PM

I ride downhill mountain biking and enduro, but since I've moved to Oklahoma havnt been able to ride that as much as I'd like. Picked up bmx to still go crazy on a bike without the need for a ski resort with a lift!

|

10/7/2016 7:53 PM

Kriss Kyle's "Riding Shotgun" series from RedBull.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/8/2016 7:31 AM

I sucked at skateboarding. Started riding at like 16 or something seriously and got pretty decent so I stuck with it.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

10/8/2016 9:39 PM

My first push came with Hoffman's famous "Got Milk" ad when I was a kiddo.

But the bikes didnt look that cool and I found em stupid cauz they were small as heck, and I loved the dirt (still do).

Then eventually I wanted to start dirt jumping. So I had a look at dirt jump bikes but found them wayy expensive. Plus the jumps had to be real huge. I didnt want to totally dig my ass off to oblivion, so I started to think about BMXes.

Then the video parts that I would constantly re-watch was RedBull NZ Roast It, Dreamline, Raditudes series, Niquist's Gettin Awesome. For street it was Vans's Perrin video and AdamLZ videos.

That's what sparked the fire, I guess.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

10/9/2016 3:06 AM

Scotty's videos and also my friend got me into it. I rode friend's BMX and It began to entertain me. I tried many sports in my life but BMX is the best option I've ever chose. You have own freedom to do things and you can ride as long as you want.

|

Land it or go home

10/9/2016 8:07 AM

I got into riding when I was ten (2006) after watching a movie called keep your eyes open. It covered skating, snowboarding, skiing, and had a documentary about mat hoffman's big air crash/success. After I saw that, I bought a bike from a garage sale (1976 GT Mach1) (pink) and absolutely fell in love with biking lol. Been riding ever since

|

If humans could fly we would consider it excercise and never do it.
If you feel your still in control... your not going fast enough

10/9/2016 3:33 PM

Evil Knievel I just knew I could do what he did on wide world of sports. So I got the jumpsuit the helmet and a Graco MX1000 and set off to rule the neighborhood. It was 1977 and I was 12. My pit jump was 8 foot across ramp to ramp and I had already jumped the flaming Xmas tree my big brother set up for me and a VW Bug end to end ramp to flat was soon to come. Next was a Torker MX and the rest is history.......

|

10/9/2016 6:46 PM

Ganjatodd wrote:

Evil Knievel I just knew I could do what he did on wide world of sports. So I got the jumpsuit the helmet and a Graco MX1000 ...more

yes..some one else from my era!!

A friend of mine jumped a VW bug once. I could never muster that courage. I could do trash cans, lawn chairs etc...also forgot about the Torker MX!!!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/9/2016 10:33 PM

When I was 13, my cousin tought me how to skateboard and I loved it. Then one day I was watching some skateboarding show on TV, and out of nowhere they decided to show some old BMX freestyle video with Bob Haro, Tony Murray, Dominguez, Wilkerson, Fiola and others and I was hooked!
One second after the video was over I thought 'man, that is SO cool, I just GOTTA try that!'
I cleaned my old BMX, pumped some air to the tires and I started riding BMX and has been riding ever since!

|