What is Wave?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/13/2015 11:10 PM

Hey. I'm new to the bmx world. I know chromoly is way better than hi-ten when it comes to frames, but on danscomp I saw bikes that have "wave" top tubes and down tubes. What kind of material is this? How is it compared with chromoly and hi-ten?

|

2/13/2015 11:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2015 11:31 PM

it can be ethier Hi-tensile steel, or Chromoly, it refers to a shaping technique which is applied to the tube that makes it more resistant to dents. the downside to it is it can make welding the frame harder

Photo

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/13/2015 11:23 PM

Photo
|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/13/2015 11:23 PM

Cool thanks. I appreciate the help!

|

2/13/2015 11:26 PM

Wave tubed have waves the entire length of the tube m8. But yes it is a stiffer, more dent resistant tube.

|

2/14/2015 6:47 AM

the whole anti dent thing is a myth those tubes dent pretty easy in my experience

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

2/14/2015 7:02 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

the whole anti dent thing is a myth those tubes dent pretty easy in my experience

I think they handle it better than non-wave tubes, BUT still dent.

Make them with tubing thicknesses of 2000 and I would bet they wouldn't dent as easily haha.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/14/2015 10:41 AM

If you dent a wave tube, imagine how badly a regular tube would have dented. Plus the wave makes the frame stiffer.

|

2/14/2015 10:59 AM

It's just a trend Sunday made....

lol jk tongue

|

2/14/2015 12:36 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

If you dent a wave tube, imagine how badly a regular tube would have dented. Plus the wave makes the frame stiffer.

i hit the down tube on my stranger just as hard no dent
same with my solid kill
grin grin

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

2/14/2015 5:28 PM

i have never actually dented a wave downtube and i dont think many people have really smashed them before. Like possibly a tiny ding but thats it really. It drastically reduces it

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/14/2015 6:33 PM

Yeah i am new too, i thought wave was like some new kind of surf bike.

|