What is an intermediate level rider?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/19/2014 3:19 PM

I just started bmx about a year ago and I consider myself a beginner but I want to know what it takes to be in the "intermediate" catagory.I can currently do 180's,half cabs,full cabs,manuals are averaging at about 120m,and I can almost do 360s.I don't do grinds because they don't appeal to me and all I do is flat (no park)

|

11/19/2014 4:08 PM

Shit seems to be getting crazy fast , flairs truck drivers and double whips seem to be intermediate these days

|

11/19/2014 4:13 PM

I would say turndowns, tuck no handers, nac-nacs and maybe barspins are all intermediate tricks

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

11/19/2014 4:26 PM

Most of the tricks you named are mainly park tricks and I said I don't ride park..

|

11/20/2014 1:30 AM

Firstly trying to classify tricks is completely pointless, being able to link stuff up and ride pretty much anything makes you a decent rider. That said if you want to progress you aren't going to get far if you refuse to ride anything but flat with no pegs

|

11/20/2014 2:46 AM

idk I guess it depends on the riding in your area

also. who cares how good you are. as long as youre having fun

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

11/20/2014 5:55 AM

If all you ride on is flat and dont grind. Learn flatland.

|

11/20/2014 2:53 PM

I can do some 'intermediate' stuff like half cabs and feeble to smith, shit like that, but id say im a still a beginner, been riding for like a year and a half. All i do is grind though so i guess im not really similar to you haha

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

11/20/2014 6:59 PM

I think i would have to see how you ride to determine that. There are beginners (people that really don't seem to have a lot of control over many tricks, up to 360 taps), intermediate i'd say is pretty much me (barspins (180, sometimes 270 barspins), turndowns, good 360s, airs, tabes, has decent bike control, full cabs, and manuals as long as possible), Experts are usually the ones that are really good, but miss a few key aspects to being professional level, they can do plenty of tricks, whips, 3 whips, all sorts of stuff that is impressive basically those dudes at the park that everyone goes "shiiiit," when they do something. Professional level riders are riders that compete on a professional level and/or ride as well as professionals.

I think it also has to do with what you ride. If you ride trails, the dude that busts the best combos or highest in the air, for park it can go either way, and street it can go either way.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/20/2014 7:02 PM

just ride your damn bike

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

11/20/2014 11:31 PM

tomdon wrote:

just ride your damn bike

this. this for days.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

11/20/2014 11:39 PM

Intermediate riders have dialed feebs....

But you don't want to learn anything that you don't like... nope... no sir...
fuck grinds.

Try barspins ON FLAT.

Barspins seem like an intermediate trick.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)