What is the best bmx chain

Related:
Create New Tag

7/14/2014 4:47 PM

I'm wondering what is the best bmx chain and im ordering the chain I pick off of danscomp-Spencer

|

7/14/2014 4:51 PM

Hollow Odyssey Keychain if you can find one. Strongest and most functional chain. Of course some people here will disagree but none of them actually own the chain.

Other than that, an Odyssey Bluebird would probably be the best option. I had two, ran each of them for over a year and never broke them.

|

7/14/2014 4:54 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Hollow Odyssey Keychain if you can find one. Strongest and most functional chain. Of course some people here will disagree but ...more

Thanks

|

7/14/2014 4:55 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Hollow Odyssey Keychain if you can find one. Strongest and most functional chain. Of course some people here will disagree but ...more

Hows that thing holding up? Mans gettin a solid pin one soon.....

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

7/14/2014 5:29 PM

Kmc 510

|

7/14/2014 6:59 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

Hows that thing holding up? Mans gettin a solid pin one soon.....

No problems so far. Checked the master pins a couple days ago and they were still as tight as when I first put it on so no worries there. Been holding up great and I trust it completely. I just think it would be better if the chain was a bit longer overall. I run 30/10 with a 14" rear end and I only have 2 full links and the half link left for spares.

|

7/14/2014 8:32 PM

Any 510 or 710 should work fine for you. Like said above the odyssey keychain would definitely be a good oneti buy but they're pricey and sold out most places

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/14/2014 8:33 PM

Just got with a cheap kmc chain ive been running mine for years no problems

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/15/2014 1:33 AM

Wipperman 1g8 but you can't run it on certain hubs/sprockets

Khe collapse. Burly as fuck but they have stopped making them. Might be some new old stock hidden in some local shop

Odyssey blue bird. Rad chain lasts for ages

Odyssey keychain. Next chain I'll get soon as it's availbe in Australia

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/15/2014 5:24 AM

cult 510 cheap and strong and when it breaks just get another its still cheaper than odyssey

|

BORN FAST ish

7/15/2014 7:16 AM

Cult 510 is not a kmc chain, had it and.hated it, way thinner than a proper 510.

|

7/16/2014 4:06 PM

If smooth and quiet are important to you, you don't want a keychain.

I like mine though.

|

7/16/2014 4:26 PM

The Keychain has been amazing for me so far. I regressed it though and cleaned it up because it got really gunky after riding trails for a week but all chains will be like that. I tightened the masterlink the other day though and is beautiful. Now it's quiet for me. I run 30-9 gearing and pedal hard if that helps. As for the bluebird and cult 710. Its just a logo'd kmc 710. If your bike can handle it the best chain ever is the KMC 415 street chain.

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/16/2014 4:28 PM

tecnic1 wrote:

If smooth and quiet are important to you, you don't want a keychain.

I like mine though.

I have to agree with this, but I'm not sure if my rough drive train is caused more by my Keychain or driver. I still think the ease of use and strength far outweigh the roughness, though.

|

7/16/2014 4:47 PM

I run the Tractor Chain and it seems legit.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/16/2014 8:26 PM

Somehow managed to have my master link pull through on my keychain. Got a replacement, and it's been great since. A little loud, sure, but that's just because it's huge. No sign of stretching yet, running 28:9 gearing. Love it.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

7/16/2014 8:36 PM

Been pretty happy with the Odyssey Bluebird chain, the bushing type KMC chain also rules(Can't remember the #)

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

7/16/2014 11:36 PM

Something that kids have to realize is the blue bird and the cult chain are two different chains. Bluebird made by kmc, the cult made by someone else

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.