What is the best stock bike to get

Related:
Create New Tag

6/28/2013 8:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2013 8:55 PM

Hey, I need a bmx bike and I was wondering what is the best stock bmx bike I can get for around $550. I ride park street and dirt.

|

6/28/2013 9:05 PM

This might be your best bet, especially since it's on sale

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102162/2013_Kink_Hittle_Pro_Bike_%28Ben_Hittle%29.html

Full chromoly frame, everything's sealed, double walled rims.. only downfalls I see are the rims don't have a welded seam.. I assume you're just starting so it won't matter much at the moment. And the top tube length is 21".. how tall are you?

The whole bike seems pretty stacked with a good amount of aftermarket products as well and it's only 25lbs

|

6/28/2013 9:15 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

This might be your best bet, especially since it's on sale

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102162/2013_Kink_Hittle_Pro_Bike_%28Ben_Hittle%29.html

Full chromoly frame, everything's sealed, double walled rims.. only downfalls I see are the rims don't have a welded seam.. I assume you're just starting so it won't matter much at the moment. And the top tube length is 21".. how tall are you?

The whole bike seems pretty stacked with a good amount of aftermarket products as well and it's only 25lbs

I'm 5'11" and I used to bmx before, and trying to start again. I'll check it out.

|

6/28/2013 9:22 PM

www.VeinBMX.com has a decent line up of Easterns right now and they are supposed to get all of there other bikes they had next month sometime. I have an Amber Silo right now and three of my friends have Ambers and they seem to be great for beginners and they will last for quite some time! The only thing I have changed so far on mine are the grips and the back tire. I plan on buying $320 dollars worth of stuff soon, once i get the cash, but it's because I want the very best for it! I recommend waiting about a month and getting an Amber, but its all up to you like SundayBMX said DansComp sells great bikes too! It seems to me Vein is cheaper for complete bikes, but DansComp is a lot better for parts! Like i said though, it's all up to you!
|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

6/28/2013 9:28 PM

I'm not going to buy the amber silo because I have decided on what site to buy it on and my site doesn't have it and I'm not going to buy the kink hittle pro because I don't like that the Seattube hight is to high. Anyone else got any bikes you'd suggest for me?

|

6/28/2013 10:25 PM

Igottu wrote:

I'm not going to buy the amber silo because I have decided on what site to buy it on and my site doesn't have it and I'm not going to buy the kink hittle pro because I don't like that the Seattube hight is to high. Anyone else got any bikes you'd suggest for me?

8.75 really isn't that high.

|

6/28/2013 10:33 PM

I like it like 8.50 or lower it looks the sickest to me like that. What do you guys think about the united supreme su1 and su2 2013?

|

6/28/2013 10:53 PM

Igottu wrote:

I like it like 8.50 or lower it looks the sickest to me like that. What do you guys think about the united supreme su1 and su2 2013?

You won't be able to notice a different in looks between 8.5 and 8.75, and you shouldn't make choices on the looks of the Bike.

|

6/28/2013 11:51 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

You won't be able to notice a different in looks between 8.5 and 8.75, and you shouldn't make choices on the looks of the Bike.

its a quarter of an inch. just slam the seat if you don't like it.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/29/2013 12:06 AM

Guys which bike do you think is better for me to get I'm planning to do some rough stuff on it. I've decided on these two bikes. The united supreme su2 2013 or the We The People versus 2013. I will mostly be riding street.

|

6/29/2013 12:11 AM

out of those 2, I'd say the United just cause I can't find much info on the WTP. I found some & the WTP at least has 48 spline cranks, but are also only 170mm. Not a huge deal unless you're picky about that. Also I can't see if it has sealed hubs or not, just says "Expert/Pro hubs"

Only downfall I see on the United are the 8 spline cranks

|

6/29/2013 12:30 AM

Ok I found out the back and front hub are sealed and the cranks I don't care that there 170 mm. And the standover height is 8" so I think I'm going for the wtp versus 2013. Thank you all for your help

|

6/29/2013 1:26 AM

Good choice

|

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

[LINK TO IMAGE]

6/29/2013 3:12 PM

Sharpy wrote:

Good choice

Do u have the wtp versus 2013 and if u do is it a good bike and does it ride smooth?

|