What is the biggest gap/drop you have done ever?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/15/2013 8:06 PM

Well i for one love a good thrill. Idk about you guys, but dropping a huge stair set is the peak of my day and a lot of speed makes it even better. Throwing a trick down it is icing on the cake. I just cant get enough of hopping down ledges and stairs. Currently, i did a 20 stair into a big field in Wellsburg, WV. It was quite steep and tall stairs so it was honestly huge, I will make sure to get that on video next time im down there and feeling real gnarly. haha I have a video of my first big drop, here it is: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=320934341340394&set=vb.100002714924880&type=2&theater

I sure hope that video works, i believe it will. It is really not that big, but it was definitely my first drop, one of the only things i have on video at the moment, I was a pretty crappy rider at that point, i could 360 and all that but i didnt really know much of what i was doing. I landed like a retard and now land like more of a man. Also i hate the idiot that was filming, kid is a huge moron, but he was the only one with a phone that could film. My brother, my black friend, and some kid with a mountain bike are also in it. Im very sorry for that video, but i think it is helpful to the thread. It is nothing really compared to what i am doing now, but yeah. haha There that is.. oh and He wasnt supposed to be filming until i was back there pedaling. Thanks a bunch for watching it if you can. So what is your biggest drop?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/15/2013 8:35 PM

5 set right now but their's a 9 set i've been eying and will hit it soon

|

6/15/2013 8:37 PM

Probably my avatar pic over barheight gap over a 33 stair rail into a hill........theres a gap in my town i did years that was probably around 20 25 feet.......jumped down a 14 stair is the biggest ive counted

|

6/15/2013 8:37 PM

Brownboys wrote:

5 set right now but their's a 9 set i've been eying and will hit it soon

Do iiiit! haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/15/2013 8:39 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Probably my avatar pic over barheight gap over a 33 stair rail into a hill........theres a gap in my town i did years that was probably around 20 25 feet.......jumped down a 14 stair is the biggest ive counted

NICE! haha

|

6/15/2013 8:41 PM

4 Feet which was off the side of a mini at my local. I wont do it again because when you land your tires like sink.
Thats the highest im going because i hate drops.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

6/15/2013 8:44 PM

umm i would say a roof gap at our park i climed on the roof in the bathroom at our park and hopped off scariest shit ever lol watch my edit in my sig you will probally see the bathroom in the back ground

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

6/15/2013 8:46 PM

off a roof with a friend of mine Photo

|

6/15/2013 8:49 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Sick man, nice roof to do im sure! haha i need to find a few, i wanna 360 a roof or at least 180 one haha

|

6/15/2013 9:04 PM

5.5'. There's a 6.5' one I want to do sometime. One kid dropped off it and broke his cranks and another kid tried to 360 off it but slid out.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/15/2013 9:08 PM

I jumped off a garage at my highschool when i was in highschool when i had photography class.....lost all the photos im bummed used to have trails behind our highschool to

|

6/15/2013 9:10 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

God... this makes me feel like a poser..... i need to get my ass out there and start practicing.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/15/2013 9:17 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

God... this makes me feel like a poser..... i need to get my ass out there and start practicing.

Yeah dude, just go very fast, and land like an airplane! haha

|

6/15/2013 9:18 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I'm not superman ya know.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/15/2013 9:43 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

I'm not superman ya know.

Nah you dont gotta be. Work your way up, start at a few lil stairs, then do a few other bigger ones, then go nuts and pedal hard and drop it. Honestly, gaps and drops are simple, look at it before you go, then drop it. With gaps, it is all in your head, you wont get hurt too bad, especially if you dont do a trick. just relax and land smooth.

|

6/15/2013 11:21 PM

I don't really do drops or gaps, I prefer technical stuff, but I have done a 6 Stair, a 2 foot dirt Jump (I would like to do bigger dirt gaps but at my local trails there's a little 2 foot one that I built and all the rest are full sized gaps) and I've also footplanted down a 5 stair (Go up to it with little speed, manual, put my foot down and lift the whole bike up and land with both feet on).

|

6/15/2013 11:21 PM

I've only done an 8 stair.

|

6/15/2013 11:53 PM

180d a 12 stair into traffic to half cab

360d an 11 set.

Still can't flat 3

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/15/2013 11:55 PM

11 stair

|

"if you feel yourself falling backwards, thrust forward like you would if you were indeed fucking your bike, and if youre falling forwards, push your legs while leaning back, like if you were pulling out from fucking your bike But dont, under any circumstances, actually fuck your bike" - EddiMundo

6/16/2013 1:46 AM

I remember when i was younger me & a few friends had a longest jump contest. I won, 27 feet. I will admit i must've been about 2.1/2 to 3 feet off the ground though haha. 2 Bricks high & a piece of wood balanced on top. Long run up, just powered at it. Then we went to 4 bricks high & i cleared a fence which was about 5 feet high, tucked that shit beyond all belief! More recently (we're still talking a year+ ago) I dropped off a roof into a grass bank at a primary school in the next village over which must've been about 8 feet give or take because of the angle of the bank. Then proceeded to leg it quickly as loads of teachers & the care taker came walking towards us. They weren't shouting but they were talking with raised voices. I was a little annoyed because i did my practice run, my friend got his phone out to film it & i was just climbing back on to the roof when we heard "HEY!! What do you think you're doing!?" So we bolted lol.

|

6/16/2013 1:53 AM

I dropped off a curb once must have been 3-4" high. Landed nose heavy but rode off like a boss.

Really though prob 4' drop I suck at BMX so I don't go crazy

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/16/2013 5:32 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Nah you dont gotta be. Work your way up, start at a few lil stairs, then do a few other bigger ones, then go nuts and pedal hard and drop it. Honestly, gaps and drops are simple, look at it before you go, then drop it. With gaps, it is all in your head, you wont get hurt too bad, especially if you dont do a trick. just relax and land smooth.

That idea always helped when i was an aggressive skater.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/16/2013 5:46 AM

Chrisaustin wrote:

It shouldn't you're not a poser. A poser is one of those fucking kids that have their parents buy them the Aaron Ross pro complete and cruise around and barely ride and don't know shit about their bike or bmx.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/16/2013 5:46 AM

my first proper drop was about 2ft but now hitting 7 sets and like 10ft drops, gaps however... fuck that shit i hate them... after casing rear wheel a few months ago and going otb onto my face in a road...

|

Bruh

6/16/2013 5:48 AM

Four wrote:

It shouldn't you're not a poser. A poser is one of those fucking kids that have their parents buy them the Aaron Ross pro complete and cruise around and barely ride and don't know shit about their bike or bmx.

lol.. then im good.. i have a verde prism.... piece of shit bike lol

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/16/2013 5:58 AM

Jumped off of this 5 foot curb thing and faceplanted and the bike landed on top of me

|

6/16/2013 6:42 AM

Chrisaustin wrote:

I understand you...

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

6/16/2013 6:55 AM

T-rider wrote:

I understand you...

Atleast your prism has new parts.. mines all stock lol.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/16/2013 7:13 AM

pah, stock diamondback skindog 11 with proper ttxl bars. i hate everything apart from the bars on this bike

|

Bruh

6/16/2013 7:31 AM

Chrisaustin wrote:

T-rider wrote:

I understand you...

Chrisaustin wrote:

Atleast your prism has new parts.. mines all stock lol.

I have changed the stem, grips, tyres, rear and front hub, sprocket, chain, seat, seatpost and of course pedals.. Sooo you win, in fact, the prism is a real shit i have got it for a bit more than a year. How old is your´s?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx