What is the dominant “extreme” sport in your city?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/6/2018 5:09 PM

Here in Miami, it used to be skateboarding, but now everyone is rolling down stairs on a 26” or doing “sick wheelies” on a fixie through traffic like an asshat. Basically two wheeled longboarders. Oh yeah, that too. Seems like everyone and their mother is unironically riding a downhill longboard even though the city is flat? Thats super sized lamesauce

|

9/6/2018 5:12 PM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

Here in Miami, it used to be skateboarding, but now everyone is rolling down stairs on a 26” or doing “sick wheelies” on a ...more

It’s skate boarding here about 30 mins south of Memphis with only 2 other bikers that are local

|

9/6/2018 5:20 PM

Here is probably Motocross. I race Motocross as well as ride BMX. The BMX scene is decent here. Quite a few BMX riders here...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/6/2018 5:53 PM

Woodpushers! Woodpushers everywhere!

|

9/6/2018 6:04 PM

Sydney...in the city, probably skating. I do see a few riders around but BMX is pretty low key. Park and dirt seem bigger than street riding. This city has steep hills everywhere, so getting around on a BMX is real tough, it makes street riding a bit more of a mission and you end up riding on the train with your bike a lot (it was hilarious during the Vans pro cup seeing pros trying to ride from Five Dock to Bondi and the city and getting destroyed). People just go a skatepark or the DJs.

(Surfing obviously, but I haven't been out in the water since I was a kid, it was a sh!tfight then, it must be worse now)

MTB, real MTB, is getting big. Like I said with all the steep hills and the city is on bedrock so there's rocks and little cliffs everywhere, there is some real downhill stuff you can ride, just in the suburbs. The guys are organising on facebook and getting lots of digging done and there's a lot of trail systems to choose from, some of it is even legal/sanctioned haha.

|

9/6/2018 6:14 PM

fuckin scooters, those little shitheads are everywhere and it's always those 10lb 2010 Justin Bieber lookalike fucks or something who get into it because bikes were too hard. I used to block them all on Instagram when they'd follow me, I'd block 2-3 then 3-4 more would follow me all from around here, they're like a plague. Miss the days when it was like 10-15 bikers out each weekend just here in town

|

9/6/2018 6:46 PM

SirCaseAlot wrote:

Sydney...in the city, probably skating. I do see a few riders around but BMX is pretty low key. Park and dirt seem bigger than ...more

Surfing is my first love. Come from a surfing family and have been on a board as long as I could walk. Actually originally got into bmx because my Dad moved me out here to Miami and there are no waves. Overcrowding is a huge issue though. Went to Aussie once for study abroad n almost got my teeth kicked in because apparently that break doesnt allow Hawaiians (I’m Canary, not Hawaiian).

Tons of trails sounds dope! There used to be a bunch here in the Everglades. Gotta check em out n see if theyre still around

|

9/6/2018 11:36 PM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

Surfing is my first love. Come from a surfing family and have been on a board as long as I could walk. Actually originally got ...more

Come here to Hawaii then, you're only weird here if you don't surf. XD

Oh... I am weird.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/6/2018 11:55 PM

I can’t believe everyone’s answer isn’t scootering.

|

9/7/2018 12:09 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Come here to Hawaii then, you're only weird here if you don't surf. XD

Oh... I am weird.

I actually plan on it! My cousin keeps telling me to move in with her right there on the North Shore of Oahu. So I’m kinda saving up for that. Should be easy to find a job there as a lifeguard, but I’m just scared of going and not finding work

|

9/7/2018 12:22 AM

Skateboarding in the town I live in. There isn't a skatepark so there's not many scooter kids. I think I'm the only regularly active bmxer. The town I usually go to to ride it's probably scooters, but there's quite a few skateboarders, and there's quite a few bmxers too. There's always been a healthy bmx scene there, but this summer it seems to have died down. Even on a weekend there's hardly any bmxers at the skatepark. I usually ride street on my own, and if I see anyone on a bike or board they're always on their way to the park. Even though the street there is awesome

|

9/7/2018 4:49 AM

MTB seems to be the biggest around here.

|

9/7/2018 5:57 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

fuckin scooters, those little shitheads are everywhere and it's always those 10lb 2010 Justin Bieber lookalike fucks or ...more

This so much.

|

9/7/2018 5:58 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

fuckin scooters, those little shitheads are everywhere and it's always those 10lb 2010 Justin Bieber lookalike fucks or ...more

Rabbe wrote:

This so much.

Agreed.

|

9/7/2018 6:08 AM

Good mix...

Mostly skateboards at the skate park I've been going to recently and my local. Handful of BMX and some scooter kids, of course. But I know there is a good size mountain bike community around, as well.

There is also an indoor skydiving place not too far from me.

|

9/7/2018 6:14 AM

I dunno if trampolining is an extreme sport. But the bastards closed my local indoor park and turned it into a trampoline park so it must rake in more money than skating, BMX and scootering.

|

9/7/2018 6:15 AM

jbales wrote:

I dunno if trampolining is an extreme sport. But the bastards closed my local indoor park and turned it into a trampoline park ...more

Yeah it's kind of a big thing atm in here too. Quite a dick move tho

|

9/7/2018 7:39 AM

Yes, there are trampoline places everywhere!

|

9/7/2018 8:22 AM

SirCaseAlot wrote:

Sydney...in the city, probably skating. I do see a few riders around but BMX is pretty low key. Park and dirt seem bigger than ...more

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

Surfing is my first love. Come from a surfing family and have been on a board as long as I could walk. Actually originally got ...more

I haven't surfed in year's, thanks for reminding me just as the weather is turning bad lol
But seriously I stopped because the only time there were good waves was in February ish time and the water was really cold.
Might have to get back out though

|

Hmmm

9/7/2018 9:45 AM

Richmond has a big skateboarding scene, pretty big bmx scene too but definetly more skaters.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/7/2018 9:55 AM

Being an oblivious, impatient and entitled asshole.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/8/2018 8:46 AM

I don't think it qualifies as extreme, but BMX racing is big here; we've got a pretty cool dirt track with lights and they get some decent crowds for the kids racing --> BMX Track. The track is also open to the public, so anyone can enjoy it, and its really well maintained.

Again, not an extreme sport, but cycling is also HUGE here - any given day you'll see groups of 20+ riders out for a spin. Fortunately in my experience, these riders are courteous and aware of their surroundings, usually single file, obeying laws, almost never 2 wide; which is nice.

|

9/8/2018 9:49 AM

Shovel racing and bungee kayaking

|

9/8/2018 10:08 AM

Knitting.

|

9/8/2018 10:10 AM

I saw to riders today sad they diddnt stop to chat but it got my hopes up for a bmx sceene in my city

|

Street yes please

9/8/2018 11:39 AM

Liverpool and the town I live in next to it are infested with scooters at every park who constantly ask to ride your bike. But there are a few bmx riders where I live and quite a lot in Liverpool but no where near the amount of scooters.

|

An Indian on a small bike

9/8/2018 3:50 PM

Ved_goswami wrote:

Liverpool and the town I live in next to it are infested with scooters at every park who constantly ask to ride your bike. But ...more

Is scootering really extreme though ? It’s not as cool as shovel racing and bungee kayaking that’s forsure

|

9/8/2018 4:04 PM

One of my best friends rides scooters and he's ridiculously stylish and good. Many of my best sessions are with him. Also ReadyBMXer did nothing to y'all sad

|

9/8/2018 4:57 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

One of my best friends rides scooters and he's ridiculously stylish and good. Many of my best sessions are with him. Also ...more

ReadyBMXer is badass on a scoot. He has a cool style that not many scooter riders have.

|

9/8/2018 8:19 PM

^ Oh, dang. Thanks Pawl & Honda, means a lot! wink

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn