What is with BMX and Weed???

Related:
Create New Tag

3/29/2013 6:28 AM

Why do so many riders smoke the shit most days. Dale Armstrong (the guy from the huge fucking drop) just posted on facebook if any1 had some good weed for sale. I don't see the point of it and why is it mainly bmx riders. you rarely hear of big skaters smokin weed or even pro scooter riders. i just dont get it

|

Bruh

3/29/2013 6:34 AM

1st off the guy is a retard asking that on facebook. Dude basically the whole creature skate team smokes they even made a video called hesh law. Lol It's not mainly people that bmx that smoke. People smoke in every thing man.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

3/29/2013 6:37 AM

It was pretty retarded asking for weed on facebook but mainly you hear about bmx smoking, there are others who smoke it in sports but bmx gets the most stick for it in my opinion

|

Bruh

3/29/2013 6:42 AM

Idk if I try to ride my bike I either feel like im flying or I keep getting pedal bite.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

3/29/2013 6:43 AM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Idk if I try to ride my bike I either feel like im flying or I keep getting pedal bite.

hahaha, i saw some dude do a flair while stoned. That was sick

|

Bruh

3/29/2013 6:46 AM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Zach P-D wrote:

I dont do that shit anymore I got some for free once and was like hell why not?

|

Instagram

3/29/2013 6:48 AM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

fair enough, i wouldn't if i had to pay for it but if some dude was like here ya go i would consider it

|

Bruh

3/29/2013 7:03 AM

Everyone smokes weed... Not just BMX riders...

|

3/29/2013 7:05 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Zach P-D wrote:

fair enough, i wouldn't if i had to pay for it but if some dude was like here ya go i would consider it

Then I traded a seatpost for 3 $ & like as much as the tip of my thumb.
Lol

|

Instagram

3/29/2013 7:20 AM

Its actually a LOT less common in BMX than it is in skating. Both in the pro ranks an also in ammature kids. YES bmx has its branches where its like entire teams that do it, but if you look at dudes like Logan Martin, or most of the top park guys they dont do it cuz they need their lung capacity for doing big tricks nonstop to fill a 45 sec. run. Its more common in street riding, but that doesnt mean everyone does it.

|

3/29/2013 7:42 AM

?rel=0

^enjoy this nice vid from days gone bitching about quality, now yuze can score from a clinic lulz... me doesn't wonder why there are more smokers in general, not just BMX
|

United0Cult0

3/29/2013 7:52 AM

First off how old are you?? Second smoking weed isnt just popular in bmx its popular with everyone in every aspect of life. Over the past 5 years it really has blown up and its cause people are realizing everything theyve been taught in school and by their parents is a lie... Weed doesnt make you a lazy fat dumb slob if youre not already a fat lazy dumb slob. I obviously smoke weed so you might think i have a biased opinion but i was like you, growing up i hated it and didnt understand why anyone would do it but now i understand its just a plant that can inhance your life. A lot of people like to take on the "stoner" persona which is all bs, ive smoked for the past 4 years and not only have i not become stupid or burnt out but i believe im better in every aspect of my life... If you have smoked weed before and didnt like what it did to you then thats all good maybe its not for you, i mean people can die from peanuts. Lol but the reason people smoke weed is to better understand life and kinda take a step back from this crazy hive life we all live and question why we do the things we do, and it makes riding a bike absolutley amazing no better feeling than flowing like a beast while faded!!!! Hahaha

|

3/29/2013 8:12 AM

im 15 and if i were to try it i would wait til im about 20 ish but that's an IF, not hatin on it just sayin that i dont see the point and wonder why its common in extreme sports

|

Bruh

3/29/2013 8:20 AM

I used Weed as a painkiller, When im high im pretty sure i would suck major balls riding. Also its a social thing for me, i wouldnt sit around at a spot or a skate park smoking weed where i could get caught :/ Kinda stupid if you ask me.

|

3/29/2013 8:33 AM

Topsey wrote:

I used Weed as a painkiller, When im high im pretty sure i would suck major balls riding. Also its a social thing for me, i wouldnt sit around at a spot or a skate park smoking weed where i could get caught :/ Kinda stupid if you ask me.

have a mate who used it for a painkiller. just watching him do a flat 3 you really wouldn't have thought he had 2 broken ribs

|

Bruh

3/29/2013 10:07 AM

You ride bmx, therefore your bound to her about riders blowin

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdick~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

3/29/2013 10:19 AM

lmao, ive seen more sk8ers smoke than bmx riders, and ether way i can not ride while stoned.

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

3/29/2013 11:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2013 11:46 AM

I know what you mean =P I don't hate on the smoking weed or think people are stupid for smoking it I just let it be....People have their own reasons for smoking weed and I actually believe that skaters are bigger on the smoking weed than bmxers are. Drinking is 10x worse than smoking weed and if the U.S. were to make weed legal I'm pretty sure the drug cartels over in Mexico would run out of business and the crime rate would drop. From what i've seen people who ride and go big smoke weedd for the same reason some people take Vicodin or some Pain killers before riding.... to not feel the pain of riding. There's this huge 18 stair set in my neighborhood I was chilling their once and a group of skaters comes to grind the rail.... So i'm watching and it's cool they're getting ready to hit it when I see this dude go into his pocket and take a huge sniff out of his hand. My assumption is it probably was cocaine and he was taking it to increase his dopamine levels. Which if you ask me is plain stupid if you can't do an 18 stair set while sober why the hell would you snort to do it.... Anywayz guy ended up crashing he fell right on his hip bone didn't even hit the rail and got up like nothing....

Nonetheless who cares if people smoke weed if you don't like it then don't hang around people who smoke it.

I also believe weed used to be used back in the day by shamans to understand life or some shit like that.... Idk never tried it

I've probably gotten high off some 2nd hand smoke though..... lots of people blaze it around here

|

3/29/2013 11:59 AM

there is nothing wrong with smoking weed imo... its fun to ride when you r high. Its better than smoking tobacco or drinking. Most people i know blaze, its common in UK

|

3/29/2013 12:11 PM

I've never smoked it.

|

3/29/2013 12:17 PM

Drugs are for thugs

|

twitter

PROBZ

3/29/2013 12:43 PM

I don't and won't smoke it. I don't see the point, if I wanna relieve stress I'll jerk off or give myself a blowjob. No need for weed mayne. Plus I rather spend money on bike shit or clothes : p

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

3/29/2013 1:06 PM

I don't know why they do it either, every inhale takes years off your life... Smoke weed and die young #yolo

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

3/29/2013 1:46 PM

Why?.........hmm.....

Why not. Lol

OP First of all, it's everywhere. The older you get, the more you meet people who you NEVER would have guessed smoked. Second, please don't stereotype. It's not fair to those who ride and don't smoke. It may seem like a lot, but I'm sure it's average numbers. Lastly, not to encourage it, but you saw that drop, I'm sure. Notice the ease in which he walked away? Zero tension. His mind was fully focused and he was relaxed, and it went about as good as it could have. He tenses up, and he's wrecked. If he smokes, fine by me.

|

Villain'll hold a bike like he's mean and his tummy hurt
In a clean pair, ripped jeans and a bummy shirt

3/29/2013 1:47 PM

Effting wrote:

I don't know why they do it either, every inhale takes years off your life... Smoke weed and die young #yolo

if each drag took years off your life most pot smokers would be dead by now. To the person who said that top park riders dont because they need lung capacity, well thats not true as my lung capacity has increased since smoking weed (but thats bongs).. I cant ride when im properly riding but a joint here and there with mates on the skatepark is all good.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

3/29/2013 2:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2013 2:19 PM

Effting wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

if each drag took years off your life most pot smokers would be dead by now. To the person who said that top park riders dont because they need lung capacity, well thats not true as my lung capacity has increased since smoking weed (but thats bongs).. I cant ride when im properly riding but a joint here and there with mates on the skatepark is all good.

you dont die younger.... more people die from peanut allergy or by chocking on a soup, if 'every inhale takes years of your life' i and most of my friends would be dead by now.

|

3/29/2013 3:48 PM

A lot of people on here are very missinformed about weed... It doesnt takes any years off your life the only reason it kills brain cells is cause you hold your breath which cuts off oxygen to your brain its not the weed..

|

3/29/2013 4:01 PM

Wow, really? Does smoking Tobacco kill you too? Ive been smoking 40+ a day everyday for like 5 years? I saw an article on a married couple who had been married for 80 years! The old man 103 had been smoking from 14 to 97, 40+ a day the only reason he gave up was he got a chest infection & couldnt smoke, by the time it had gone he didnt want to smoke anymore. Weed is much the same, infact some studies have proven that Weed is actually better for you than tobacco. I REALLY dont want to use this phrase BUT... You Only Live Once... Sure its not for some people, but theres no need to go bashing hate speech against the people that do. Chill out young men, you will learn in time your jaded views are extemely wrong.

|

3/29/2013 4:02 PM

Topsey wrote:

Wow, really? Does smoking Tobacco kill you too? Ive been smoking 40+ a day everyday for like 5 years? I saw an article on a married couple who had been married for 80 years! The old man 103 had been smoking from 14 to 97, 40+ a day the only reason he gave up was he got a chest infection & couldnt smoke, by the time it had gone he didnt want to smoke anymore. Weed is much the same, infact some studies have proven that Weed is actually better for you than tobacco. I REALLY dont want to use this phrase BUT... You Only Live Once... Sure its not for some people, but theres no need to go bashing hate speech against the people that do. Chill out young men, you will learn in time your jaded views are extemely wrong.

Summarized version:
#YOLO

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

3/29/2013 4:06 PM

Haha, i fucking hate that phrase!. But yeah thats pretty much the gist of it lol.

|