What kind of frame is this?

Create New Tag

8/22/2014 11:51 PM

I'm not asking about some specific frame. I'm asking about a type of frame that I've seen. My old bike had it, my friends bike has it. On my current bike, my top tube and bottom tube are both equal. They're both thin. But on my friends bike and my old bike, the top tube is thin and the bottom is fat and thick. (no homo) Is this something about cheaper bikes? Its just that both of those bikes were under 300 and my bike that has the normal frame is over 500.


8/23/2014 7:52 AM

I see that on most cheap completes with Hi-Ten tubing.


You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

8/23/2014 7:54 AM

A frame. There is no other real label than that.

Tube size varies from model to model, company to company, year to year. Larger tubes are a little more common on older stuff and cheaper stuff, BUT it is in no way a different kind of frame. It is just designed different. Just like how every 4 door car is not the same exact thing based on size, design, fit of it etc. Or every tshirt is different. There are different styles, but we still call them a tshirt.


"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/23/2014 7:56 AM

what dave said


I'm on the vital legit list!