What makes a good edit?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/13/2013 10:38 PM

Im making an edit and i need your opinions because i suck at making good well thought out videos haha. What makes a good or bad edit.
Should i do an intro like me riding down the street like garrett and nigel and others have?
Should i put falls or bails in the begginning?
I want to look back on this and think damn. I know my riding is subpar but i want to make something rad. Im gonna just go for it and learn hopefully new tricks during the process!

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

3/13/2013 10:51 PM

First and foremost, hot girls. Second, someone who can make it up the pyramid without pushing their bike, haha. ( yes, I know that was Sunny) Third, some decent music that works with how the edit is put together. A really good edit has things happening to the beat if the music. Fourth, hot girls. A shitty edit will be watched if the girls are hot enough, lol.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

3/13/2013 10:55 PM

Chuck knows what's up!

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

3/14/2013 1:25 AM

FYI: Filming is harder and more important than editing.

|

3/14/2013 1:34 AM

Camera angles are probably the most important in my opinion.

|

3/14/2013 1:48 AM

avoid night filming, shakey cams, too much zoom, too little zoom. Intro yea, ending yea, banger yea. fails and bails yea. include a few non bmx clips like girls or animals or cars or anything funny. matching music like rap if ur ghetto style or dubstep if ur.... well a dubstep guy. 2 to 3 mins enough. slow mo for those fast tricks. And most important the hub noise, u gotta have that cassette buzzing.

|

3/14/2013 2:04 AM

hot bitches with their tits out. always makes a good video

|

vital's redneck

3/14/2013 2:52 AM

i prefer raw edits(no music), picking music that doesn't go with the edit can ruin the whole thing.

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck
Tumblr= http://benkingyo.tumblr.com/

3/14/2013 3:08 AM

Creativity, smooth lines and bangers. but imo editing and filming is the most important thing!

|

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

[LINK TO IMAGE]

3/14/2013 5:31 AM

No fisheye please, don't be lazy. Plan out your shots. Take note on which angles you like from other videos or still pictures.

|

3/14/2013 7:42 AM

Yeah the filming and editing and how well thought out it is is most important.. if garrett reynolds put out an edit that was filmed to like a ghetto ass beat which is the opposite of him with a shaky camera and bad transitions nobody would watch it...

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

3/14/2013 10:21 AM

first off, no shaky filming. nothing is more of a turn off than seeing an edit with an unsteady camera regardless of how good the riding is.
second i think is the song. i used to make edits and just kinda put whatever song i felt like in them and i regret it. a solid song will set the modd for an edit right from the start.
the third one may just be my personal preference, but i HATE seeing transitions between clips. stupid shit like fading in and out and whatnot, i just think it looks too silly.
as far as the riding in the edit, just dont be super repetitive. im not a fan of seeing edits where the person does the same 3 tricks over and over for 3 minutes.
intros could be good if you do it right. if you do it right, itll come out sweet. if not, itll look really cheesey.

|

http://grouphomebikes.com/

5050 Skatepark

text me for faster response 646 two four nine 2552

3/14/2013 10:47 AM

music that fits the riding, riding, funny/cool shit going on in between clips

oh and good filming, i mean sometimes crappy filming has its place though

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/14/2013 10:49 AM

When I make an edit, (Hopefully soon) it's going to have a theme. Like Adam Banton's Free Stuff edit, Mark Webb and JC Pieri's Funny Edit, Erik Elstran's Dragon Shreddit, or that Mario and Luigi one that came out recently.

|

3/14/2013 11:12 AM

Dont be too repetitive,take your time, and music

|

Follow me on Instagram, i follow back : N3gativecr33p

3/14/2013 11:18 AM

This is my opinion :

Fisheye
Suitable music
Originality
Fails and Bails

Make sure you can hear the filming as well as the music.

Make it balanced

|

3/14/2013 11:27 AM

And star wipes, lots of star wipes...

|