What pads for chrome rims?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/14/2013 5:15 PM

I know you're not supost to use clear pads, so should I use red or black? Is there a difference?

|

Street. Park.

7/14/2013 9:46 PM

Hmm i dont run brakes but i know a bit about them as i used to have them. I think that red is better for chrome, not sure why, probably cuz they seem to be softer rubber. Either works tho! Personally i dont notice much of a difference between red and black, but i think red sticks more or something maybe. Just keep it real and go with black ones.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/14/2013 10:42 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Hmm i dont run brakes but i know a bit about them as i used to have them. I think that red is better for chrome, not sure why, probably cuz they seem to be softer rubber. Either works tho! Personally i dont notice much of a difference between red and black, but i think red sticks more or something maybe. Just keep it real and go with black ones.

I know chrome isn't a paint but still, will it fuck up the rim in any way?

|

Street. Park.

7/14/2013 11:59 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

ty7 wrote:

I know chrome isn't a paint but still, will it fuck up the rim in any way?

Nahh if you are worried about it just get red ones, for some reason i see those more often on peoples bikes that have breaks and chrome rims.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/15/2013 1:41 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

clear pads are the softest, black are the hardest, anything will work well with chrome.

|

7/15/2013 5:30 AM

Why wouldn't you run clear?

They are just loud. Everyone tries to say the break frames, but your brake arms should be weaker than your bike frame, period, and if there was an issue, the brake arm would give out faster, as they are ALUMINUM, and the frame is CHROMOLY. I want to see a legit proof of this claim in video, because I don't buy it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/15/2013 8:08 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Why wouldn't you run clear?

They are just loud. Everyone tries to say the break frames, but your brake arms should be weaker than your bike frame, period, and if there was an issue, the brake arm would give out faster, as they are ALUMINUM, and the frame is CHROMOLY. I want to see a legit proof of this claim in video, because I don't buy it.

If you're referring to frames breaking at the mount, my previous frame did crack. No clue if it was because of the pad though, never heard of that.

|

Street. Park.