What part is this on my bike?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2012 6:26 PM

Photo

My bars are off completely and this is a picture of the top of the forks. I'm not sure if this is my compression bolt, but I was tighting it and it snapped so I need to replace it.

Photo

this is what snapped off of it.

Photo

and this is the bolt that went into it
|

5/24/2012 6:35 PM

you need a new star nut

push the old star nut further into the fork and then hammer a new one in

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

5/24/2012 6:40 PM

can I get one from my local bike store?

|

5/24/2012 6:43 PM

HeavenzWeed wrote:

can I get one from my local bike store?

Should be able to, I was gonna say it'd be better to let them handle it cause they might be able to get the old one out instead of just jamming it into your steerer tube further. they might charge a bit of labor though

|

5/24/2012 7:04 PM

I'm planning on buying a Tree Bicycle Co. Headset Cap Bolt

Photo

Would I need to buy a star nut to fit this or do I just need the bolt? I'm not sure because it look huge so I don't know. Thanks for all the replies though.

|

5/24/2012 7:35 PM

Wow where do I start with this one............

Get a socket and a extension.Put it in the bottom of your fork and tap it with a hammer until the star nut pops out.
Unless your forks are threaded on the inside,you have to use a star nut.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

5/25/2012 8:39 AM

HeavenzWeed wrote:

I'm planning on buying a Tree Bicycle Co. Headset Cap Bolt

Photo

Would I need to buy a star nut to fit this or do I just need the bolt? I'm not sure because it look huge so I don't know. Thanks for all the replies though.

those are for forks that have threads on the inside, youll have to use a star nut

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.