What parts do you stockpile?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/8/2018 3:03 PM

Aside from having extra tires/tubes, what parts (if any) do you always keep extras of on hand? I remember busting a few pedals back in the day, so maybe a spare set or two of those wouldn't be a bad idea, any else?

|

8/8/2018 3:08 PM

I keep a tube and a pump in my bag that I carry around. And every single tool you could possibly think of is in my bag too lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/8/2018 3:48 PM

Tires, pedals, grips, seats, posts, and stems.lol I have at least 4 seats, 6 sets of tires 5 posts, 4 stems, 4 sets of grips and now have 1 extra set of wheels and cranks.lol

|

8/8/2018 4:22 PM

I tend to give parts away to up and coming locals who need better parts , rather see them get used than sit around doing nothing , I should start a pedal stock like though , I seem to snap pedals from time to time

|

8/8/2018 4:49 PM

Extra peg sleeves if you run plastic pegs. Pedal bodies, pins gor pedals if you run pins, grips, bar ends, axle bolts if you run hollows, tires, tubes...cant think of anything else at the moment.

|

8/8/2018 9:20 PM

Stuff I have at home are, extra pedals, like 5 tires, and that's really it. I dont break stuff often so I dont keep alot of stuff on hand... I just buy stuff as I need for the most part lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/8/2018 9:50 PM

I always hold onto random shit, not always as a spare/stockpiled part though. I only really do that with tubes or if I know a part is on its way out soon and I buy another ahead of time, like grips or tires.

I have a bunch of random old shit lying around though. I have a whole spare bike that I used to let my friend ride, a rear wheel I just can't seem to let go of for sentimental reasons I guess haha, a random front wheel I built up planning to sell but never did, random rear wheel I built up planning to give to someone in need but never found someone who realllyy needed it. couple tires I wanna sell but no one's interested, my old bars no one's been interested either, a random stem, a sprocket I won at a jam a few years ago but never did anything with, bunch of old pedals I keep in case anyone needs, my old seat/post I just wanna hold onto for some reason, couple bar ends and grips that could be useful if mine unexpectedly break/rip, chains, chain pieces

one weird thing I do is I keep A LOT of random small parts, so you could say I stockpile that I guess. like anytime I take a wheel apart I keep all the nipples, the brass black ones especially cause if I ever need any then I have em, all kinds of headset spacers, BB spacers, hub spacers/hardware/nuts, drivers, driver pieces/pawls/etc, random bolts/nuts/washers/spacers/etc, fork bolts, chain pieces, never know when something like that'll come in handy. also a bunch of random spokes

only thing I keep in the bag I take to the park and stuff with me (aside from tools obviously) are tubes, chain pieces for all kinds of chains, and a peg & a hub guard in case I feel like riding all 4 pegs at some point.

|

8/8/2018 11:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2018 12:02 AM

I've got over a bikes worth of spares, plus other bits. I don't need or want any of it though really. I should sell it.

I keep some parts just because I like them. I keep old pedals just incase I wear the current ones down too much (which happened the other day. One pedal slide on the wrong side and no grip left sad ) I had spare profile arms as I managed to grind through the pedal boss on my old pair, but I loaned them to someone and probably won't get them back

|

8/9/2018 12:01 AM

I sell my stuff STUPID cheap to friends or locals . I have tires lying around and a couple grips , but that's about it . The rest is in a box of misc. tools and what not

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/9/2018 1:38 PM

bigmac53 wrote:

Aside from having extra tires/tubes, what parts (if any) do you always keep extras of on hand? I remember busting a few pedals ...more

I keep extra pedals on hand, but I don’t really break stuff (I know, surprising for my weight) so I don’t really have a need to stockpile things.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

8/9/2018 1:49 PM

A bunch of frames and bars

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/9/2018 2:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2018 2:15 PM

Before I got A.K pedals always had a backup set up pedals- I just have one Pedal Body that'll replace whichever pedal is considered unusable on both sides first. I keep a stockpile of grips-feeling the Shadow Maya grips so I have two pairs ready to go after the pair I have tears or wears down. Just switched to Plastic pegs should get some sleeves but still unsure about them.

|

8/9/2018 5:48 PM

I started to ride again after a long time off and in trying to figure out what I like and what works for me I have an abundance of stuff. Got like 3 sets of pedals that are all in great shape, I have a couple extra sprockets from trying out different gearing and guards.. I have extra pegs from trying plastic and metal... Hell now I have 2 extra handlebars from trying out different rises and upsweeps....

|

8/10/2018 1:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2018 1:51 AM

I have a spare for just about everything on my bike, even the frame. I just kept them around after buying better parts as spares. I also keep any spacers / washers / bearings that are old / unused. They come in handy all the time for little hack repairs and are always handy if you change something up. When I got my new frame the chainstays were wider so I needed 3 more spacers on my spindle. No worries, I have some from when I bought my cranks 8 years ago grin

Oh and zip ties. You can never have too many zip ties. You can use them to install grips, get you home on a flat, fix ripped jeans, secure brake cables, I even used one when my seat clamp bolt snapped. The uses are endless!

|

8/10/2018 5:22 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I've got over a bikes worth of spares, plus other bits. I don't need or want any of it though really. I should sell it.

I ...more

Yeah, I'm like you. I have several bikes worth of parts. I've accumulated a bunch of crap. grips, forks, bars, a few stems, gyro cables, regular cables, a few seats, whatever I acquire. I could (probably should) sell off my stuff. But yeah....

|

8/10/2018 6:05 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I ...more

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Yeah, I'm like you. I have several bikes worth of parts. I've accumulated a bunch of crap. grips, forks, bars, a few stems, ...more

It's not really worth any money, so it doesn't seem worth listing anywhere! I've got some 2010 s&m pitchforks that even the s&m fan boys won't pay £20 for, some same era hollowbites that no one wants etc. I'm a stem and headset short of building a cheap bike I'd sell for £50! But I don't want to buy those parts knowing I'll make zero money on the bike

|

8/10/2018 11:15 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I ...more

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Yeah, I'm like you. I have several bikes worth of parts. I've accumulated a bunch of crap. grips, forks, bars, a few stems, ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

It's not really worth any money, so it doesn't seem worth listing anywhere! I've got some 2010 s&m pitchforks that even ...more

Honestly I’m itching to get some pitchforks in black, but with 990s because I run front brakes (flat 4 life)

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

8/10/2018 4:17 PM

Well..right now I have like 5 different seat, and 4 stems, 3 sprockets.
But usually it’s Frames. I have like 3 to 5 at all times. It’s one thing I like to change up the most.

|

8/11/2018 9:35 AM

cables usually. but i've got extra grips too

|

It’s all bmx