What rear rim should I get

Related:
Create New Tag

11/10/2016 7:41 AM

This is my current rear rim but it's starting to wear out as I ride a back brake.
Salt "Valon" Rim, straight, single wall, 36H

What would be a good replacement rear rim to get?

|

11/10/2016 8:01 AM

G-sport. Expensive, but good. There's the ribcage, rollcage and birdcage. Not sure which ones the best.

|

11/10/2016 8:42 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

G-sport. Expensive, but good. There's the ribcage, rollcage and birdcage. Not sure which ones the best.

Thankyou, I'll look into them.

|

11/10/2016 10:24 AM

If I could get any rear rim for free it would be one of the G-sports or an Odyssey 7KA.

|

11/10/2016 11:18 AM

ribcage or hazard

|

It’s all bmx

11/10/2016 11:52 AM

Alienation felon. Cheaper than odyssey and g sport, and they're awesome

|

11/10/2016 2:14 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Alienation felon. Cheaper than odyssey and g sport, and they're awesome

Cheers Steve. I was looking at alienation stuff earlier. Where would be the best place to order them as I'm in the UK.

|

11/10/2016 8:13 PM

what do you mean the brake is wearing out the rim? that shouldnt happen unless you have some sort of heavy debris in your brake pad.

and do you mean to replace the rim only or the whole wheel?

|

wallride a bus everyday

11/10/2016 10:42 PM

Federal stance xl rim looks nukeproof to me

|

11/10/2016 11:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/10/2016 11:33 PM

Wait a minute... you want to change your rim, not because it is bent or cracked or something like that but because "it's starting to wear out as I ride a back brake."
Seriously man, any paint on the sidewalls will come off soon or later using brakes, and if you are so much obsessed by this just get a chrome rim.

|

11/10/2016 11:52 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Alienation felon. Cheaper than odyssey and g sport, and they're awesome

Poiji wrote:

Cheers Steve. I was looking at alienation stuff earlier. Where would be the best place to order them as I'm in the UK.

I got a pair of them from source a few months ago.

But as francky said, if you mean the colour is wearing off, that'll happen with any coloured rim. Get a chrome rim, the chrome lasts a lot longer and is a better braking surface

|

11/11/2016 2:45 AM

Francky wrote:

Wait a minute... you want to change your rim, not because it is bent or cracked or something like that but because "it's ...more

Noooo it's starting to concave in some places of the rim nit just the paint coming off. It's wearing the rim down

|

11/11/2016 2:49 AM

buttmeate wrote:

what do you mean the brake is wearing out the rim? that shouldnt happen unless you have some sort of heavy debris in your ...more

Just the rim, the spokes and everything else are just fine. The break has worn down the rim so it's concaved in some place. I got the bike second hand so I'm bound to have some problems with it

|

11/11/2016 2:55 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Alienation felon. Cheaper than odyssey and g sport, and they're awesome

Poiji wrote:

Cheers Steve. I was looking at alienation stuff earlier. Where would be the best place to order them as I'm in the UK.

grumpySteve wrote:

I got a pair of them from source a few months ago.

But as francky said, if you mean the colour is wearing off, that'll happen ...more

No the rim has started to go concave in some places, I got the bike second hand I've got to change the chain because it's gone rusty too and I bike go brakeless soon

|

11/12/2016 7:49 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Alienation felon. Cheaper than odyssey and g sport, and they're awesome

what basis are you going off? could you elaborate as to why these are awesome? I dnt doubt ya, I'm simply researching parts and would like to get perspective.

|