What rear wheel should I get?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/11/2017 1:58 PM

So I messed up my rear hub (freecoaster, and it's a long story) and my rim isn't the best so I decided to just get a whole new rear wheel. Should I get a Federal rear wheel off of danscomp, which is $260? It's such a high price, and I will buy it if it's worth it but what about Alienation rear wheels? They are on danscomp as well but I have not heard of them. Are they any good? They are much cheaper and I am new to bmx, but would a more expensive wheel pay off eventually?

|

6/11/2017 2:08 PM

If you're talking about the freecoaster wheels, the alienation is a khe clone, as is the federal. So, they're pretty much the same but the federal has been through a few different versions and will probably hold up a bit better. I don't know much about federal rims, but the alienation comes with a sun big city, which is a pretty burly rim (probably heavy by today's standards? But pretty damn strong).

In all honesty, yeah the federal is probably the better wheel, and is worth spending the extra money on. But there's plenty of other freecoaster wheels out there. Non of them are cheap though

|

6/11/2017 2:15 PM

You should check out Albes bmx for a custom wheel. You could get, say an odyssey clutch laced to a nice rim for cheaper than that. I found (that for me at least) whenever I shop there I can use coupon code "tape" and get a lot off.

|

6/11/2017 2:16 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

If you're talking about the freecoaster wheels, the alienation is a khe clone, as is the federal. So, they're pretty much the same but the federal has been through a few different versions and will probably hold up a bit better. I don't know much about federal rims, but the alienation comes with a sun big city, which is a pretty burly rim (probably heavy by today's standards? But pretty damn strong).

In all honesty, yeah the federal is probably the better wheel, and is worth spending the extra money on. But there's plenty of other freecoaster wheels out there. Non of them are cheap though

What about the kink east coaster dtc freecoaster wheel? It's on danscomp

|

6/11/2017 3:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2017 3:22 PM

Odyssey hazard lite clutch wheel. The hazard lite or 7ka is my favorite rim. I just like the look better than anything else. It's a classic. Still it's been around for a very long time. It's a proven rim. I'm sure the clutch is just as good. your planning on spending $260 anyway, you'd be crazy not to go with odyssey. I'd get the antigram wheel myself, I'm not into the coaster thing.

|

6/11/2017 3:34 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Odyssey hazard lite clutch wheel. The hazard lite or 7ka is my favorite rim. I just like the look better than anything else. It's a classic. Still it's been around for a very long time. It's a proven rim. I'm sure the clutch is just as good. your planning on spending $260 anyway, you'd be crazy not to go with odyssey. I'd get the antigram wheel myself, I'm not into the coaster thing.

Yeah but I'd rather not spend 260. Would the kink east coaster dtc freecoaster wheel be good? If it really wouldn't be all that great, then I guess I would have to spend 260 but do you think the kink would be good?

|

6/11/2017 5:09 PM

Profile elite with 9 tooth ti driver and 14 mm ti gdh axle with total double butted spokes to a g sport bird cage rim , you get what you pay for with wheels I find it's worth to go all out

|

6/11/2017 5:25 PM

Cinema makes a good wheel too ya know!

|

6/11/2017 7:04 PM

There is a brand new wheel on eBay for $199.95, and its a Gsport Ribcage laced to a Sunday Cyclone Freecoaster... that's an awesome deal for a pretty much bomb proof wheel! Photo

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/11/2017 9:14 PM

^ That up there looks like quite a decent deal.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

6/11/2017 9:17 PM

ZCoaster

|

fack off

6/11/2017 9:23 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

There is a brand new wheel on eBay for $199.95, and its a Gsport Ribcage laced to a Sunday Cyclone Freecoaster... that's an awesome deal for a pretty much bomb proof wheel! Photo

Wow that's a Hella good deal thanks!

|

6/12/2017 6:57 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Chase Lille wrote:

Wow that's a Hella good deal thanks!

Just picked this up for $160 when Ebay was running a 20% deal. It's noticeably heavier, but I was running a profile cassette laced to a hazard lite. I don't mind the weight because this thing is bomb proof.

|

6/12/2017 11:58 PM

Odyssey Clutch V2 Wheel.

|

6/13/2017 9:21 AM

I think you should get the stolen rampage rim or the verde regent rim cheap they are good. I got the stolen rampage

|