What should I get?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/30/2017 8:14 PM

I totally do not know much about bikes, but I want a fun BMX bike to ride around on (street). I want to spend no more than $250 dollars since the bike will just be used to have some fun.

I do not know really anything about sizes, quality, or brands so recommendations are appreciated.

I am 5'11 about 140 lbs if that has anything to do with it.

THANKS!!

|

3/30/2017 8:33 PM

I'd say mongoose mode 900, but that has a 20.5" top tube which would be a bit too small. I'd recommend a 20.75" or 21" top tube, but I have a feeling that a 21" would fit you best.

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

3/30/2017 9:00 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I'd say mongoose mode 900, but that has a 20.5" top tube which would be a bit too small. I'd recommend a 20.75" or 21" top ...more

Thanks man. I think 21 might be good. Do you think you can link some options I don't really know where to buy or what sites sell quality bikes.

|

3/30/2017 9:14 PM

Type R Black edition is like my current realistic dream car ! Love those things .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/30/2017 10:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2017 10:56 PM

Type R Civic wrote:

Thanks man. I think 21 might be good. Do you think you can link some options I don't really know where to buy or what sites ...more

Dan's Comp is a really good site. If you could stretch your budget to 270-300 bucks you can get an entry level bike from a high quality company (Sunday, Subrosa, Verde, Kink). I mean, you said you just want to ride around on it, but I'll mention it anyway that these are budget bikes, usually all hi-tensile steel, single-wall rims and mostly unsealed hubs and bottom brackets. I spent $270 on a GT Slammer and bent the frame on a 3-stair bunnyhop; GT wouldn't warranty it and I became the proud owner of a 3-week-old parts bike. So bikes in that range won't stand up to much as far as freestyling goes.

Edit: As far as size goes, I'm 5'11" as well and have a 21" top tube and 9" bars and it works well for me. Hell, with my high seat post, I can even ride it around sitting down like a beach cruiser if I'm so inclined.

|

3/31/2017 4:48 AM

look for a used bike IMO, as said 270 wont get you much new, but you should be able to pick up a bike from someone that got back into bmx but never really bothered actually doing it or had very little free time to ride that is more of a mid to upper tier level with chromoly frame and other parts.

|

3/31/2017 10:52 AM

Definetly not a civic........

|

3/31/2017 11:03 AM

RIDEboarder wrote:

Definetly not a civic........

At what point did you think this was a worthwhile contribution to the thread? ermm

|