What should I get first?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/3/2013 5:24 AM

Lately I've been looking at parts to buy in the future and I want the Guerra Moose frame and a custom wheel set. I know what rims and hubs I want and I could throw it in my cart and buy them today if I had the money. I was told to begin making my Christmas list today so I began and I can't get the wheel set and the frame, I have to get one or the other. I am fine with this but I am not sure what I should get for Christmas and what I should save my money for after Christmas. My wheel set is kind of bad, it functions, but not that well. My rear hub skips a lot and my front hub's bearing doesn't fit perfectly inside the hub so I have to ghetto rig it to stop it from wobbling. On the other hand, my frame is a stock Amber Silo frame that is 21'. I am 5'4 so a 21' frame isn't the best fit. I would much rather ride a 20.8 or a 20.5. So my frame isn't the best but the Guerra Moose frame is only $250 at the moment and you can't beat that. So what do you guys think? Should I get the wheel set for Xmas and then save my money for the frame or get the frame and save for the wheel set?

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

11/3/2013 5:28 AM

Get a job.
Go with wheels first.
Empire has better frames on sale for $200

|

fack off

11/3/2013 5:28 AM

I would get the money that one of those cost and save it until one breaks. I you cant do that, i´d go for the wheelset, because you could grow a bit and then fit the 21´ frame. What wheelset would you get?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

11/3/2013 5:33 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Get a job.
Go with wheels first.

Man, you have to understand that not every teenager can work. He might not be able to even if he´d like to. For example, i am not aloud to work, and even if i would, there isnt any job around here.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

11/3/2013 5:34 AM

T-rider wrote:

Man, you have to understand that not every teenager can work. He might not be able to even if he´d like to. For example, i am not aloud to work, and even if i would, there isnt any job around here.

Not with that attitude

|

fack off

11/3/2013 5:44 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Get a job.
Go with wheels first.

T-rider wrote:

adamnmexican wrote:

Not with that attitude

No really, you do need to understand that some teenager's parents won't allow them to work so they can concentrate on school. It has nothing to do with attitude. And I bet you're not an expert on the job market in Spain. But it doesn't take an expert to know that a 25.98% unemployment rate is pretty damn shitty.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/spain/unemployment-rate

|

11/3/2013 6:13 AM

Wheels, because frame is ok. You can ride with too big frame but can't ride with broken wheels. As simple as that

|

11/3/2013 6:20 AM

T-rider wrote:

adamnmexican wrote:

Not with that attitude

Fondue wrote:

No really, you do need to understand that some teenager's parents won't allow them to work so they can concentrate on school. It has nothing to do with attitude. And I bet you're not an expert on the job market in Spain. But it doesn't take an expert to know that a 25.98% unemployment rate is pretty damn shitty.

This. Also, in people from 16 to 25, the unemployment rate is 57% (http://www.abc.es/economia/20130425/abci-casi-millon-jovenes-espanoles-201304251049.html). So the attitude isnt the most important fact.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

11/3/2013 7:41 AM

Wheels and then I'd buy a good used frame.

|

11/3/2013 7:51 AM

Just saying, I'm 17 and have 2 jobs, go to school, play varsity hockey, and ride my bike more than 3 times a week.

Get a job. Apply EVERYWHERE. Literally random diners always want a kid to wash some dishes. Even if it's under the table cash, that shit adds up.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

11/3/2013 11:18 AM

T-rider wrote:

adamnmexican wrote:

Not with that attitude

Fondue wrote:

Bunch of panzy ass parents would pull that kinda shit ,fuck school it doesn't pay ......shit most people who go for post secondary education can't even get jobs when their done college........ There's no reason teens can't graduate high school while having a job the whole time......they say otherwise they are lazy as fuck or have retards for parents

|

11/3/2013 2:40 PM

Get some wheels. You're more likely to break them than your frame. What wheel set do you want?

I'm pretty sure stocksy is 14. Which means the only real job he could legally get is working on a farm with his parents permission.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/3/2013 2:59 PM

Best get farming then.

|

11/3/2013 5:26 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Get some wheels. You're more likely to break them than your frame. What wheel set do you want?

I'm pretty sure stocksy is 14. Which means the only real job he could legally get is working on a farm with his parents permission.

You are correct. I am only 14 and the only work I can do is mowing grass (which is hard in the fall and winter) and doing work and getting paid under the table which is risky and something that I really wanna stay away from unless I absolutely have to get into it. I am looking to get G Sport rims, a Cult Match cassette, and this $45 demolition hub for the front.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

11/3/2013 5:57 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Stocksy wrote:

You are correct. I am only 14 and the only work I can do is mowing grass (which is hard in the fall and winter) and doing work and getting paid under the table which is risky and something that I really wanna stay away from unless I absolutely have to get into it. I am looking to get G Sport rims, a Cult Match cassette, and this $45 demolition hub for the front.

You can rake yards in the fall.

That wheelset gonna be sick!

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling