What size bars should I use?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/26/2017 7:23 PM

Hi I'm Cameron I'm 14 years old and 5'11" and I want to get new bars because they feel like they are too big

|

9/26/2017 7:32 PM

Get Hershey's chocolate bars

|

9/26/2017 7:46 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Lol

|

9/26/2017 7:47 PM

What size bars do you have now? What is your bike setup?

|

9/26/2017 7:47 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Lol

Wow super helpfull lol

|

9/26/2017 7:48 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I think they are 30"

|

9/26/2017 7:51 PM

You can cut them if they are too wide.

|

9/26/2017 7:54 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Pdx.kersey wrote:

I think they are 30"

So the height doesnt bother you? Just the width?

|

9/26/2017 9:48 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Pdx.kersey wrote:

I think they are 30"

Bulletpup wrote:

Yea it's only the width

|

9/26/2017 9:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2017 10:12 PM

Pdx.kersey wrote:

I think they are 30"

Bulletpup wrote:

Pdx.kersey wrote:

Yea it's only the width

Cut dat shit!

Close your eyes, slap your hands down on you bars, open your eyes. Mark it, do the same thing like 10 times and if its consistent give an extra inch on each side and cut em!

Use a measuring tape! Mark the bars clearly, if you only have a handsaw id recommend you take it slow and steady. Angle grinder wear ear and eye pro! Saws-all...good luck lol ugly cuts.

Best bet is to wrap some painters tape around the part you want cut (for a straight line then score the line into bars.

If you have a vise available, use it to stabilize while you cut.

Wish you luck! Its easy to do but easy to mess up too! Also make sure you have something like a file to clean up the edges after the cut so grips and bar ends will go on smoothly.

|

9/26/2017 10:20 PM

Start with 1" off each end. Get a pipe cutter if you can.

|

9/26/2017 10:24 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Pdx.kersey wrote:

Yea it's only the width

Bulletpup wrote:

Cut dat shit!

Close your eyes, slap your hands down on you bars, open your eyes. Mark it, do the same thing like 10 times and if its consistent give an extra inch on each side and cut em!

Use a measuring tape! Mark the bars clearly, if you only have a handsaw id recommend you take it slow and steady. Angle grinder wear ear and eye pro! Saws-all...good luck lol ugly cuts.

Best bet is to wrap some painters tape around the part you want cut (for a straight line then score the line into bars.

Wish you luck! Its easy to do but easy to mess up too! Also make sure you have something like a file to clean up the edges after the cut so grips and bar ends will go on smoothly.

How tf do I cut it?

|

9/26/2017 10:35 PM

9.5" by 27.5 is solid for me

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/26/2017 10:59 PM

Does anyone know a good way to get grips on and off of the bars?

|

9/26/2017 11:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2017 6:44 AM

There's a few methods to get the grips off. Get a long narrow allen key, or something similar, slide it under your grip, spray something in there. Deodorant will work, or hairspray, or even wd40. Then move the allen key or other object around, then slide your grip off. Use the spray to slide your grips back on after, but only use a little bit, and make sure it's dry before you ride.

To cut your bars, use a hacksaw or pipe cutter. Measure twice, and keep the cut straight. If it goes wonky, start again from a different position. Use electrical tape or something as a guide. Once they're chopped, file down the burred edges to make them smooth

|

9/27/2017 10:38 AM

Bloody hell 14 and 5’11. I’m 14 and 5’5...

|

An Indian on a small bike

9/27/2017 11:24 AM

Pdx.kersey wrote:

Does anyone know a good way to get grips on and off of the bars?

Use grumpy Steve's method of opening the grip and spray or pour rubbing alcohol between the grip and the bar. Will slide right off.

|

9/27/2017 12:08 PM

Pdx.kersey wrote:

Yea it's only the width

Bulletpup wrote:

Cut dat shit!

Pdx.kersey wrote:

How tf do I cut it?

I Put the tools commonly used in my last post

Hack saw, angle grinder (best), saws-all

You could also use a dremel but it would take forever.

Use tape to wrap around after you have your first measurement. The tape is to ensure you have a symetrical line all the way around. Then mark the tape with either permanent marker or by scratching it into the surface with a blade or something.

Cut away, but take your time and protect yourself from steel shavings. DONT RUB YOUR EYES AFTER.

|

9/27/2017 12:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2017 12:17 PM

Did you end up trying those Hershey's bars? I hear they are really smooth.

|

9/27/2017 12:41 PM

Use a hacksaw to cut them.

do kids not have dads around anymore?

|