What the fuck, BSD front street hub

Related:
Create New Tag

10/12/2013 5:27 PM

Brand new, and I tighten the hub up, give it a GOOD spin, and it stops within a few seconds. I know new bearings need time to break in, but it feels so sluggish & not like new bearings that just need broken in. It matters cause earlier I was manualing and my front wheel actually stopped as I was manualing & idk if anyone else is like this, but the front wheel spinning as I manual helps me keep going.

Anyone know how the fuck I can fix this? I'm kinda mad to be honest & am starting to regret giving press-on hardware hubs a second chance.

|

10/12/2013 5:33 PM

My friend ordered a BSD frontstreet hub to a Cinema 777 Rim and it was laced up and tightened when he got it and he didn't touch it at all and it spins for ever

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

10/12/2013 5:36 PM

I know 2 people who have the hub as well, crank down on it more than I crank down on mine & you can tap them lightly & they spin for ages. I had mine apart once, just to paint it. Paint never touched the inside where the bearings go & when I put the bearings back in, they felt brand new still. I don't get why I have the shittiest fucking luck with front hubs. It feels smooth as silk uninstalled, but tightened up it feels like asshole

|

10/12/2013 5:39 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I know 2 people who have the hub as well, crank down on it more than I crank down on mine & you can tap them lightly & ...more

Take it all apart (spokes and shit, it's gonna be time consuming) and build it back up and see if it's solved

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

10/12/2013 5:40 PM

Did you try taking everything out of the hub shell and cleaning it and putting it back in?

Thats fucked up id you got a bad hub, BSDs are usually bomb proof

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

10/12/2013 5:53 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Did you try taking everything out of the hub shell and cleaning it and putting it back in?

Thats fucked up id you got a bad ...more

Yeah I made sure everything was cleared out of there before putting it back together. The only thing I could think that it could be is my hub guard, it's the Animal PYN guard bore'd out to fit the BSD axle, but everything pushes together as normal & makes proper bearing contact so I don't know.

|

10/12/2013 5:55 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Thats fucked up id you got a bad ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Yeah I made sure everything was cleared out of there before putting it back together. The only thing I could think that it ...more

take off the guard and see if it spins right?

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

10/12/2013 6:15 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

I feel dumb for not trying that, you're a lifesaver haha. It doesn't spin forever, but I gave it a nice spin and it spun for a good amount of time & this time I have my bolts cranked down really hard.

I wonder why it wouldn't spin with the guard though?

Guess I'm gonna have to get either those shitty BSD guards or find out who my shop deals with for Daily Grind parts for a DG chromoly guard

|

10/12/2013 6:32 PM

Just ordered 2 Daily Grind hub guards off Albes, the code "Vitalboard" still works in case anyone wants to know. got me a couple bucks off my order. Hopefully they come in soon, don't really wanna raw dog my new hub for long haha

|

10/12/2013 6:44 PM

Was the hubguard hitting the spokes...?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/12/2013 6:48 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Was the hubguard hitting the spokes...?

Far from it, had a bit under 1/4 of room. maybe the guard wasn't sitting right against the bearing race or something.. But it was definitely making contact with JUST that race cause I checked the guard against a bearing.. unless it shifted or something when tightening up?

|

10/12/2013 6:53 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Yeah I made sure everything was cleared out of there before putting it back together. The only thing I could think that it ...more

Mikel8149 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I feel dumb for not trying that, you're a lifesaver haha. It doesn't spin forever, but I gave it a nice spin and it spun for a ...more

magic.. lol it has to have something to do with the wrong guard isn't the pyn a rear guard or something like that? have no clue lol glad i could help.

|

10/12/2013 6:56 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

magic.. lol it has to have something to do with the wrong guard isn't the pyn a rear guard or something like that? have no ...more

Noo I'm using the front guard Animal makes. Kinda glad I'm getting the DG guards anyway. They're much bigger in diameter & have that rubber o-ring in the middle

|

10/12/2013 7:08 PM

Animal PYN honestly sucks imo. My sleeve cracked apart in under a month

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

10/12/2013 7:11 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Animal PYN honestly sucks imo. My sleeve cracked apart in under a month

Never used it, at the time it was the ONLY chromoly front hub guard & I destroyed 2 regular aluminum guards in about a year's time so I needed something that would last.. Animal guard only has a few minor deformations

|

10/12/2013 7:14 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I feel dumb for not trying that, you're a lifesaver haha. It doesn't spin forever, but I gave it a nice spin and it spun for a ...more

Mikel8149 wrote:

magic.. lol it has to have something to do with the wrong guard isn't the pyn a rear guard or something like that? have no ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Noo I'm using the front guard Animal makes. Kinda glad I'm getting the DG guards anyway. They're much bigger in diameter & ...more

i thought you were talking about the rear one.lol

|

10/12/2013 7:16 PM

You sure its a PYN? the PYNs are aluminum with plastic sleeve. Not crmo

|

10/12/2013 7:34 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

You sure its a PYN? the PYNs are aluminum with plastic sleeve. Not crmo

Positive. Here it is with a magnet showing it's steel

Photo

and here's the never used pc sleeve that came with it

Photo

|

10/12/2013 8:34 PM

When I had the Pitchforks w 990 mounts on my bike, the gland would rub the inside of the fork tube. Not saying its that, but if you wanna try to run that guard, put it on and slowly tighten, maybe a half turn at a time until it starts to bind. That may help you figure out if there's an area you need to remove some material from.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/13/2013 7:20 AM

Huh. Well I guess its only the back ones that are aluminum lol

|

10/13/2013 3:05 PM

Off topic, but Animal is ditching the guards already i've heard. They're re doing them. And they made a crmo sleeve for the rear or something.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844