What the heck is going on with Eastern and Ezra and all that?!?!?!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/12/2013 7:02 PM

Alright, first Karl Poynter leaves, then Zach Rogers, then Leigh Ramsdell?!?!?!?! The heck?! Leigh has been with those guys forever. Something serious must be happening down there. Where is this company headed? Why are so many people leaving? WHO IS NEXT TO LEAVE?!!! It really is crazy to see the team leave left and right and im really just curious as to what is actually happening. Does anyone know? Any theories? i think maybe it is money, or something. I just have no idea what is going on and i wanna get to the bottom of it.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/12/2013 7:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2013 7:09 PM

eastern's goin outta business, that's just my guess

|

7/12/2013 7:23 PM

sludgebmx wrote:

eastern's goin outta business, that's just my guess

Yeah that does sound like a big possibility...

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/12/2013 7:24 PM

probably going out of business... if you go to the vein site you will see that almost everything is out of stock and has been for a long long time...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

7/12/2013 7:36 PM

They are selling cocaine

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

7/12/2013 7:45 PM

Either calling it quits or budget cuts would be my guess.

|

7/12/2013 7:48 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

probably going out of business... if you go to the vein site you will see that almost everything is out of stock and has been for a long long time...

I called them actually and their new stuff is coming in in like a half a month.

|

7/12/2013 7:49 PM

Fad3r wrote:

Either calling it quits or budget cuts would be my guess.

idk i just dont want that to happen, it doesnt need to and they could do better.. idk its definitely possible.

|

7/12/2013 7:58 PM

Vein lost Phil jones right after Karl left.mo idea what's going on but it don't look good

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/12/2013 11:45 PM

I've searched, I don't know where you heard that Leigh was leaving. But something is going on. There must of been big changes, either budget cuts, or another change that meant that many riders made the decision to leave. Or they are coming to an end.

|

7/12/2013 11:46 PM

Forget that first bit, it says it on the Eastern site, sorry.

|

7/12/2013 11:48 PM

This is a shame. I think they are coming to an end. I think sadly Leigh Ramsdell is too old to be able to get another sponsor, and possibly the same with Adam Banton if he leaves.

|

7/13/2013 1:48 AM

Normally, I'll let these threads roll on without replying just to see the crazy rumors, but in this case I'll end the speculation.

Mike and I started Eastern and have always owned it. I’ve known Leigh since I was in High School and there are so many good stories.. anyone who knows Leigh knows it’s always a good time when he is around. They broke the mold when they made Leigh. He is truly one of a kind. He is a good friend and always will be.

For the other riders, it’s just one of those things where it’s time for a change whether for them or for us. There are no hard feelings on our side for sure. We will be adding a few new guys to the team with Adam and Josh as the foundation.

In the last 8 months, we ditched a lot of our old suppliers, many of whom we worked with for more than a decade, because they just weren't aligned our vision of offering great service with quality products. They were starting to focus on short term profits because of the economic downturn. Mike and I are in it for the long haul. We built a lot of these factories up making sure they bought the right equipment and focused on process and quality (Mike and I have spent damn near half of our lives in Taiwan during the last 10 years). There are a lot of brands who've benefited directly from this. But, rather than waste time pushing these guys to do the right thing we just ended it and began working with new factories who share our commitment to providing the best service and products to our customers. The majority of dealers and end consumers of our products know we stand behind everything we build and this is who we are and always have been.

In the coming months there were will be a lot of new products arriving including the new Grim Reaper 8 and Josh Perry signature frame. The 2014 bikes are the best we’ve ever made. Eastern has a huge dealer network and they will begin to offer lot of great new after-market products like wheels, tires, and cranks at internet pricing. There will be different levels of products just like we’ve always done.

Feel free to email me directly if you have any questions. I’ll check this thread from time to time, but I’m Taiwan taking care of business as usual, so it might be a while, so if you really need to know.. just send me an email.

jon@easternbikes.com

|

7/13/2013 2:14 AM

Wow thats really cool and one hell of a response!! Sweet!! Thank You Jon Byers!!!

|

7/14/2013 10:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/14/2013 10:04 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

This is a shame. I think they are coming to an end. I think sadly Leigh Ramsdell is too old to be able to get another sponsor, and possibly the same with Adam Banton if he leaves.

No. Banton will have a home pretty much wherever he would go I feel. He is still dominating that front brake trickery.

Leigh hasn't been "sponsored" for a long time by Eastern. He was the Team Manager. Different role all together.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/14/2013 11:31 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

No. Banton will have a home pretty much wherever he would go I feel. He is still dominating that front brake trickery.

Leigh hasn't been "sponsored" for a long time by Eastern. He was the Team Manager. Different role all together.

Adam Banton is my favourite rider, I wasn't trying to say it would definitely happen, I just hoped that he would get picked up if he left.

|

7/15/2013 2:07 PM

Jon Byers wrote:

Normally, I'll let these threads roll on without replying just to see the crazy rumors, but in this case I'll end the speculation.

Mike and I started Eastern and have always owned it. I’ve known Leigh since I was in High School and there are so many good stories.. anyone who knows Leigh knows it’s always a good time when he is around. They broke the mold when they made Leigh. He is truly one of a kind. He is a good friend and always will be.

For the other riders, it’s just one of those things where it’s time for a change whether for them or for us. There are no hard feelings on our side for sure. We will be adding a few new guys to the team with Adam and Josh as the foundation.

In the last 8 months, we ditched a lot of our old suppliers, many of whom we worked with for more than a decade, because they just weren't aligned our vision of offering great service with quality products. They were starting to focus on short term profits because of the economic downturn. Mike and I are in it for the long haul. We built a lot of these factories up making sure they bought the right equipment and focused on process and quality (Mike and I have spent damn near half of our lives in Taiwan during the last 10 years). There are a lot of brands who've benefited directly from this. But, rather than waste time pushing these guys to do the right thing we just ended it and began working with new factories who share our commitment to providing the best service and products to our customers. The majority of dealers and end consumers of our products know we stand behind everything we build and this is who we are and always have been.

In the coming months there were will be a lot of new products arriving including the new Grim Reaper 8 and Josh Perry signature frame. The 2014 bikes are the best we’ve ever made. Eastern has a huge dealer network and they will begin to offer lot of great new after-market products like wheels, tires, and cranks at internet pricing. There will be different levels of products just like we’ve always done.

Feel free to email me directly if you have any questions. I’ll check this thread from time to time, but I’m Taiwan taking care of business as usual, so it might be a while, so if you really need to know.. just send me an email.

jon@easternbikes.com

Well said, Jon. Thanks for dropping some knowledge!

|