What to do with this area?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/8/2019 7:11 AM

So I have some dead space in my backyard. Not sure if it is big enough to build anything in. It is 16x8 with a fence on two sides and a garage on the other.

What would you build in here? Small halfpipe? Too small to do anything bike related with?

Photo

|

4/8/2019 7:27 AM

I think a mini-ramp would be too tight in there. You'd either end up smacking the house or tipping over the fence. I can definitely see one solid quarter against the back portion of the fence to learn airs, fakies, stalls, etc on a quarter. The rest I would maybe try to work one more obstacle in. Like a nice grind box you can put angle iron on both sides and just switch around.

Photo

OR if you really had some ambition, just turn the whole back portion of the fence area into a bowl corner to carve around and shoot back out of.

Photo

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/8/2019 7:35 AM

I have and 8 foot wide, 3.5 foot tall quarter in my backyard the is a lot of fun. Put on a 2 foot deck and you could have a pretty good setup.

|

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/_eli.173_/
Bike Check - Coming Soon!
Refs - dikdiamond

4/8/2019 8:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2019 8:39 AM

i have a mini that is 8ft wide and 18ft long coping to coping. 30in tall on one side and 45" up onto a tree on other. While its not exactly a session spot, I ride it almost daily for 5-15 minutes and have learned a lot of moves because of it.

If that was my space, id go bank to sub box with it.

|

4/8/2019 8:41 AM

Build a pallet loop

|

4/8/2019 3:08 PM

how about an x-games styled launcher over the fence and into your neighbors yard?
Photo

|

4/8/2019 11:22 PM

Storage area for a grind box and bank that you can wheel onto your driveway?

|

4/9/2019 2:46 AM

93EXCivic wrote:

So I have some dead space in my backyard. Not sure if it is big enough to build anything in. It is 16x8 with a fence on two sides and a garage on the other.

What would you build in here? Small halfpipe? Too small to do anything bike related with?

Photo

Put a bunch of empty clay pots and bags of garbage there!

|

4/9/2019 4:52 AM

I would probably store stuff there rather than build a "permanent" setup just based on width. You build an 8 foot wide ramp and you won't get it in, or out of there.

The homeowner in me says you would also slam into the house sometimes and trash your siding.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/9/2019 7:42 AM

Photo
|

4/9/2019 7:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/9/2019 7:51 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I would probably store stuff there rather than build a "permanent" setup just based on width. You build an 8 foot wide ramp and you won't get it in, or out of there.

The homeowner in me says you would also slam into the house sometimes and trash your siding.

Not worried about the siding. It is a garage that is going to be torn down and replaced in a year/ year and half because it is very bad shape.

|

4/9/2019 7:55 AM

Kind of already have that. Had a pool torn out and am building a pond and gazebo. Also want to add a fire pit.

Right now and until I rebuild the garage this and about 12 ft on the other side of that fence are just completely dead space.

I'll put up some more pics later today.

|

4/9/2019 8:05 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote: Photo

93EXCivic wrote:

Kind of already have that. Had a pool torn out and am building a pond and gazebo. Also want to add a fire pit.

Right now and until I rebuild the garage this and about 12 ft on the other side of that fence are just completely dead space.

I'll put up some more pics later today.

Well, actually, I was just giving you some shit.... LOL.

|

4/9/2019 8:39 AM

Just build something ride-able in there... try it, and you will either wanna improve on it or abandon the idea.

|

4/9/2019 9:16 AM

jmz313 wrote:

Just build something ride-able in there... try it, and you will either wanna improve on it or abandon the idea.

Fair point.

|

4/9/2019 11:29 PM

Penis arena

|

13 years old

4/10/2019 2:40 AM

I like the bank to sub box idea. You could do a lot with that setup!

|

4/10/2019 2:44 AM

How much run up do you have? Could just build a big ass quarter.

|

4/10/2019 5:49 AM

fooby wrote:

How much run up do you have? Could just build a big ass quarter.

Not a ton. There will a shed blocking a lot of the entrance.

|