What to learn next.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/17/2013 7:55 PM

Im kinda at a deadpoint where i cant learn anything past my ability. I just got longer fakies dialed and i kinda gave up on crankflips for a bit cuz my shins dont agree with my JCPCs. I was trying tailwhips but i knocked my wheel off true due to it slamming into the ground. I can't try bars because i have NO HAND EYE COORDINATION. my best tricks are maybe hop manual to ET off the curb of huge ass manual pads. or feeble smiths. I am stumped. somebody give me a creative trick to help me.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

10/17/2013 8:03 PM

Manny 180s

|

10/17/2013 8:07 PM

brianoob wrote:

Manny 180s

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

10/17/2013 8:15 PM

You've never tried 3s or 3 taps? Footjam variations? 4 pegs? Feeble easy 180? How can possibly not have anything to try. Just try it!

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

10/17/2013 8:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2013 8:19 PM

put a knife on the ground and fall on it. Lol oppo 180?

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

10/17/2013 8:24 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

You've never tried 3s or 3 taps? Footjam variations? 4 pegs? Feeble easy 180? How can possibly not have anything to try. Just try it!

i can 3 tap but not lately. not a fan of foot jams because i have so much tire space i crush my toes when i do it. I may try feeble 180s.
and @mikel when i try oppo 180s i just moto whip.

I am probably recreating the sickdude 180 video tomorrow though.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

10/17/2013 8:26 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

i can 3 tap but not lately. not a fan of foot jams because i have so much tire space i crush my toes when i do it. I may try feeble 180s.

I already did long ago and showed him on video chat as well, haha.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

10/17/2013 8:27 PM

Hit some dirt jumps And learn superman decades

|

10/17/2013 8:31 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Hit some dirt jumps And learn superman decades

im a wimp when it comes to dirt. i wont even hit the foot tall jumps the kids on walmart bikes built

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

10/17/2013 11:12 PM

i have no clue what 3 tap is or what you guys are talking about, i ride flatland and im not bragging or anything but street bmx is only popular because its easy and simple to learn, and kids growing up with master tricks like a manual in a day or so, flatland how ever involves nothing but balance and strength,

watch this video

|

10/18/2013 12:24 AM

Get some shin guards if you can afford them and resume some of the tricks that are not agreeing with your pedals. I ride metal pedals and always get shinners when not wearing my guards but am fine when I do. I got a nice gash yesterday actually
when I was too lazy to put my shin guards on before riding.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

10/18/2013 6:07 AM

JustFlatland wrote:

i have no clue what 3 tap is or what you guys are talking about, i ride flatland and im not bragging or anything but street bmx is only popular because its easy and simple to learn, and kids growing up with master tricks like a manual in a day or so, flatland how ever involves nothing but balance and strength,

watch this video

A 3 tap is this. LINK Its a 180, land back tire, and then pivot the rest of the way. And no thats not me in the video. and it took me about a year and a half to manual, a year to 180, year and a half to 3 tap, 8 months to learn feeble grinds. 14 months to learn double peg grinds, and 18 months to learn smiths. and 3 months to learn a proper bunny hop. It isnt as easy as you think.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

10/18/2013 9:15 AM

JustFlatland wrote:

watch this video

feeble_to_face wrote:

A 3 tap is this. LINK Its a 180, land back tire, and then pivot the rest of the way. And no thats not me in the video. and it took me about a year and a half to manual, a year to 180, year and a half to 3 tap, 8 months to learn feeble grinds. 14 months to learn double peg grinds, and 18 months to learn smiths. and 3 months to learn a proper bunny hop. It isnt as easy as you think.

if it takes that long, you just suck. but ur right, id like to see him ride street. $10 says that JustFlatland wouldnt have the balls to try half of what we do. he can stick to balancing on his wheels. we will keep doing tech tricks at fast speeds with gring combos and roof drops.

|

10/18/2013 9:29 AM

hang 5's, learn some grinds, full 3's, whiplash, tuck no's, start off with mani bar spins then try hop spins, nollie little gaps, j spins etc. there's a lot you can try

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

10/18/2013 10:07 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

i used to do that too. just huck it. Like the worst that is gonna happen ona flat 180 is u stumble away from the bike. Just huck it and over exaggerate the motion. idek if this will help but whatever. i just learned them last week

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

10/18/2013 10:33 AM

just like hucking a really high 180 but carv a little harder into it and when you hit the 180 mark stay rotated and suck your hips into your handlebars

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

10/18/2013 10:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2013 10:39 AM

Learn wallrides! Jump stair sets! Jump that 1 1/2' drop without breaking your collarbone!

Edit I'm sorry, i couldn't resist.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/18/2013 11:03 AM

JustFlatland wrote:

watch this video

you my friend, are a dick.

Nothing against flatland but fuck me youre up its arse so much you can see the light. If kids wanna learn street its fine. There are plenty of tricks done in freestyle that plenty of flatlanders wont be able to do that involve balance and strength. And if you can find me a kid whos never tried a manual and then can pop out a very long or slow manny the next day, come tell me, coz mannys are something that take time to get the balance for and teach yourself your balance point. And that brings to the fact that alot of street these days seems to be more and more 'streetland' or whatever its called, and if street is so easy to learn and thats why everyone does it, why do street riders have the ability to learn a bit of flatland inspired shit aswell? if they took to the streets because its easy they wouldnt be incorperating flatland

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

10/18/2013 11:19 AM

bmx_joshua wrote:

if it takes that long, you just suck. but ur right, id like to see him ride street. $10 says that JustFlatland wouldnt have the balls to try half of what we do. he can stick to balancing on his wheels. we will keep doing tech tricks at fast speeds with gring combos and roof drops.

He doesn't suck, everyone learns at different rates shitgoose.

|

10/18/2013 11:26 AM

JustFlatland wrote:

watch this video

I'm not trying to talk shit on flatland, I have friends that ride it but since street is so easyy can you hop barspin? hop whip? grind a handrail? 3 a gap, hop a rail? I'm sorry flatland has never interested me, it's boring to watch, all the tricks look the same to me. People like different things nothing in bmx is "easy to learn and master" except the beginning tricks.

|

10/18/2013 11:53 AM

I like watching people ride flatland but i don't like it lol.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

10/18/2013 12:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2013 12:10 PM

JustFlatland wrote:

watch this video

you stupid dick!

Thats some self righteous bullshit...watch the deadline dvd then tell me riding street is easy and doesn't involve balance and strength...get the fuck outta here muvafuka.

Av fun getting dizzy spinning round on ya back wheel @ 50mph looking like a twat.....sounds like fun. Ha.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

10/18/2013 8:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2013 8:13 PM

I Respect the people who actually have some sense, who didn't make a dumb remark towards me for just stating a fact, I love watching street videos, its very entertaining, i took up street when i was younger and ended up liking it for a while, but hey everyone is different, ive been riding flatland for some years, and its definitely harder and more time consuming

Scenekid69 some of the tricks look the same in your perspective because your not the one on the bike, its like break dancing,the rider can hit their own variation of tricks, with street on the other hand you can hit combos while your riding down a side walk like a Manual and barspin out of it and then keep riding towards a Handrail and grind it, then you see that staircase and you ride towards it and bunny hop 360, its fun isnt it? with street you have to prepare yourself for whats coming next, and flatland is holding your balance points with ever maneuver. watch this

|

10/18/2013 8:23 PM

Rock walks 360s full cabs

|