What to look for when buying used

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2014 3:20 PM

I know everybody knows this already this is for the new guys. When your trading or buying used frames:

1. Check ALL the welds for cracking!
2. If possible bring a rear wheel to see if its properly aligned in the frame. This tells you if its bent.
3. Check for DINGS in the chain stays. little dings may damage frame alignment
4. Dings on the top tube may tweak your alignment too.especially on the side or on top.
5. Its better to trade for frames with minor abuse. theres a difference from a little scratched up to a little dinged up.

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

1/19/2014 3:29 PM

Cool

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

1/19/2014 5:10 PM

Save the trouble and just buy new shit

|

fack off

1/19/2014 5:17 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Save the cash and buy used.

|

1/19/2014 6:29 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

This .....looked on e bay all the shit I seen used had rust and looked like shit....save your money and know what your getting instead of riding stuff you don't know how much abuse it's taken.....if it breaks soon after you get a used part you just wasted your cash

|

1/20/2014 8:04 AM

Helpfull thread. I never buy used stuff thought.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/20/2014 8:15 AM

I've bought used stuff but only because I didn't have the money for something new and I've only bought parts off people I know well and trust.

|

1/20/2014 10:08 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

bike parts aren't even that expensive compared to other things you need in life. I'll keep supporting the industry and keeping peace of mind that my stuff hasn't been trashed prior to me trashing it. good luck in life kid

|

fack off

1/20/2014 10:46 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

adamnmexican wrote:

bike parts aren't even that expensive compared to other things you need in life. I'll keep supporting the industry and keeping peace of mind that my stuff hasn't been trashed prior to me trashing it. good luck in life kid

Pretty sure him wanting to save money will get him far in life as opposed to people who spend all their money on things that aren't necessarily needed

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/20/2014 10:57 AM

i trade alot.

|

brakeless maniac

1/20/2014 11:04 AM

Money comes and goes fuck it spend it you only live once the worlds economy is on the way down better enjoy it while you can

|

1/20/2014 12:13 PM

not everyone has the prices you have in the states for brand new parts... if i see a good deal of an used part that i need, i'm buying it.

|