What type of BMX Riding should I do ?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/30/2017 1:30 PM

Hi , I've got my BMX (finally) and I don't know what type of riding to start, Vert, Bowl/Park , Street or dirt, could anyone recommend what they enjoy ?

|

4/30/2017 1:52 PM

It depends what you have locally. Just ride and you'll soon discover what you enjoy the most. Don't limit yourself to one thing

|

4/30/2017 1:54 PM

I'd say just get used to it on the flat/street first, i just gave the 2nd hand bike bike i bought friday a quick maintenance once over and freshen up and went for a quick 15 minute spin on it, feels weird and tiny coming from mountain bikes so i have to get used to that, tried a few bunny hops but lucky if i got 6 inches off ground, also tried a manual but either couldn't get the balance point and looped out or couldn't get the front up, think i managed to manual about 6 feet lol

its been 25 years since i last rode a BMX so its to be expected

|

4/30/2017 2:06 PM

This!

Photo

|

4/30/2017 2:08 PM

In all seriousness, though, like others have more or less stated, try everything you can. Decide from there.

|

5/1/2017 2:17 AM

Don't categorize your style too much, just enjoy the ride!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

5/1/2017 3:14 AM

Just ride everything.

|

5/1/2017 4:50 AM

Freestyle. Learn flatland, street, park, race, trails, everything

|

It’s all bmx

5/1/2017 4:55 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Can you start flatland on a freestyle bmx ?

|

5/1/2017 7:12 AM

if theres a shovel near by, you should dig a jump.

|

5/1/2017 8:21 AM

Yeah just try as many things as you can. Start with the basics though. Bunny hops, manuals, jumping curb cuts, pumping transitions and jumping. You will just go towards what's fun for you.

|

5/1/2017 9:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2017 9:08 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

georgebooky wrote:

Can you start flatland on a freestyle bmx ?

I'm learning flatland on a "freestyle bmx" with 35mm forks, slammed seat(my ass broke it I have no choice) and a cassette.

|