What was your first BMX bike?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/15/2017 2:53 PM

My first bike was a Mongoose Outer Limit. Got it when I was 13 and it got me hooked instantly.
Didn't matter how heavy it was or how my bars were Chicago as hell, I shredded that thing until that thing was a mangled pile of scrap metal (didn't take very long)
Which brings me to this, what was your first bike?
[Photo attached is the actual bike. I took that pic the day I got it. The stokedness was unreal]
Photo

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

3/15/2017 3:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2017 3:28 PM

Definitely Charlie Crumlish there, haha!

Same frame for me. smile Just upgraded and swapped parts as I went along! Bought this KINK complete in early 2013 and still going strong!

Photo

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

3/15/2017 5:19 PM

I had an old diamondback that was powder coated army camo when I was 7 and lived that thing. To bad it got stolen. Then about when I turned 14 I got a 2012 Eastern trail digger and just cruised on that for a year before my quest to learn tricks. Now I have my fiend which treats me well. I love my bikePhoto

|

3/15/2017 5:33 PM

I started with a junker build of old parts from a few friends. Never got a picture of it originally but I'm almost glad I didn't, it was the sketchiest build I've ever seen. Here's a picture from a while later, with a few changed parts:

Photo

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/15/2017 6:53 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

I started with a junker build of old parts from a few friends. Never got a picture of it originally but I'm almost glad I didn't, it was the sketchiest build I've ever seen. Here's a picture from a while later, with a few changed parts:

Photo

Damn @ that dent near the dropout and whatevers going on with your spindle bolt

|

3/15/2017 7:05 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Damn @ that dent near the dropout and whatevers going on with your spindle bolt

I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out how it happened since I first noticed it. That frame would probably still be going strong if I hadn't been hit by a car, just got a little bent so I changed it.

The spindle bolt was snapped by the previous owner and left in there, didn't really see a point in removing it so I just clamped that side down and used them like 2 piece cranks.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/15/2017 7:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2017 7:33 PM

This is EXACTLY like my very first bike. Purchased in 1981....stolen in 1982. This really could be the exact one...

1981 Mongoose Supergoose
Photo

This bike replaced the stolen one years later

1988 Mongoose Californian Pro
Photo

I still ride this one today. Waiting to get a newer one so I don't trash this one while re- learning, as it is all original parts except for the tires, pedals and brake pads

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

3/15/2017 7:59 PM

Christmas of 98 I got a Pacific Wired, within a couple months I broke the "sprocket knob" off the 1 piece crank causing the cranks to rotate without the sprocket turning the wheel (I actually almost got hit by a car for that one). It was Spring or Summer of 99 when I got a Dyno Air from my brother. Shortly after getting the dyno I moved to a farm and started building random wood jumps (poorly with a bajillion nails) and then took over a spot for dirt jumps, and also riding flatland on gravel. When I started school that year I met some dudes and we all started riding. I got a Specialized Fatboy 415 from my bro after that, and then started to customize my bikes with parts and paint jobs-Redline Supa X frame, Macneil Miron, S&M Dirtbike Classic, Volume Mexican, Failure Grade One, Eastern Boss, Eastern Journey, Federal Lacey and my current Federal Twilight. Somewhere in there I inherited a Trek Subdude (still have at my mom's place).

Here we are in 2017 and I still ride my BMX, a bit less often and I am slower and less likely to huck myself too hard out of fear of injury and not being able to work. Mostly just ride my little rails, and when the ground thaws I am putting a little pump track in my backyard.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/16/2017 12:27 AM

My first was an early 90's diamondback viper that everyone else had owned at some point. It turned into a money pit, so after being bikeless for a few months my dad bought me a 95 GT performer

|

3/16/2017 12:38 AM

My first 'real' Bmx was an all chrome free agent maverick, I'd say about a 2000 model. I still remember the whistle noise the chrome would make flying down hills!

|

3/16/2017 1:55 AM

LOLPhoto

I was a lot younger , this was my United RN1 . Loved this thing , frame is still around my town somewhere being ridden . Really miss that bike , it was cool . Purple was and still is my thing

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/16/2017 7:22 AM

This was my first bike back bike back in 2010

|

3/16/2017 7:22 AM

Photo

|

3/16/2017 11:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/16/2017 11:21 AM

Tudor_Man wrote: Photo

My friend has this bike as his first ride, except it is white and gold. My first bike was a 2013ish Diamondback Grind Pro. It was super heavy but I loved it while I had it, then after I decided that I was hooked on bmx a tire popped on it and I got my first real bike which was a 2016 kink launch.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

3/16/2017 12:20 PM

This thread makes me realise how old I am. Legitimately closer to 50 than 20.....

|

3/16/2017 12:28 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

This thread makes me realise how old I am. Legitimately closer to 50 than 20.....

ew...

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/18/2017 8:18 AM

Eraly 80's redline pl20. Then a vector mach ii then.......

Fast forward 30 years of not riding and i just got a gt mach 1 pro 24

|

3/18/2017 8:08 PM

Haro X1 in white, was cool. I didn't know why the sprocket was so small when I first bought it. How things have changed...

|

3/19/2017 11:14 PM

Mine was the Cruiser with the larger frame accommodates 24-inch wheels, is an ultimate race bike that is also good for tall, large riders and dirt jumping.....

|

3/20/2017 8:15 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

for me as well...but more physically than mentally...in my head I am still 23

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

3/20/2017 8:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2017 8:27 AM

my first one was some random old brother's huffy

7 years ago
Photo

|

3/20/2017 10:31 AM

I started years ago on my old dyno vfr! Was a pos but it got me hooked! Destroyed that thing and built an S&M warpig and went on from there

|

3/29/2017 9:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2017 1:38 PM

|

3/29/2017 11:20 AM

My first BMX bike, a 2009 Redline Roam limited edition. Got it for Christmas of 2009 I think.

Photo

I then sold the redline in 2015, and bought another redline. This time a 2014 Redline Assett.
Photo

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/29/2017 7:06 PM

I'm not 100% sure what my first BMX was, IIRC it was probably some kind of Raleigh Burner from the mid 80's, would need to go through old family photo's to find out though

Photo

I can remember having a green and white BMX that had a gyro on it but again i cant remember brands or models, again we are going back about 30 years

also had one of these too..

Photo

When we lived in the states my mum and dad bought a BMX bike from walmart and at age 10 i proceded to wreck the thing within a couple of months as there was a dirt track a couple of blocks from our condo complex, she didn't know that's where me and freinds were going, i ended up snapping the stem and bars right off it, she went all the way up walmart chain with a huge complaint saying i could have been killed/impaled and they ended up giving in and i ended up with a brand new one....which i did the same with lol

|

3/29/2017 7:16 PM

My first bike was a MirraCo. Beat the shit out of it!

Photo

|

Smoke Drink Die