What would you call this?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/18/2017 2:18 AM

Was messing round the other day and I started doing a "trick" (not even sure if you could call it that) and wondered if it was something people actually did.

Basically riding up to the top of the quarter pipe to do a rock to fakie/disaster to fakie or whatever you want to call it and turning my front wheel to stall/chink the peg on the coping before fakie-ing down the ramp. Is it an actual trick or am I just lame? Haha

|

9/18/2017 6:40 AM

Downside smith to fakie if I understand you right.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/18/2017 11:15 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

I think it could get to that, sounds like he rolls up, turns the bars when the front wheel clears coping and bonks his peg on it.

A buddy used to do those all the time. Back when peg bonks were cool to do and everyone did em.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/18/2017 11:39 PM

Yeah a downside smith to fakie is about the closest thing resembling it I've seen but still not quite the same. Dave is right though, basically just roll up, stall my front peg on the coping (with my back wheel still in the ramp) and then fakie out. Cheers dudes

|

9/19/2017 12:16 AM

RumHam wrote:

Yeah a downside smith to fakie is about the closest thing resembling it I've seen but still not quite the same. Dave is right ...more

Yup, that's a downside smith to fakie. Kriss Kyle did 'em lots back in his 2013 - 2014 edits.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/19/2017 12:27 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I think it could get to that, sounds like he rolls up, turns the bars when the front wheel clears coping and bonks his peg on ...more

"Back when peg Bonks were cool to do and everyone did em."

you mean 2017?

|

IG: @_almost_crook

9/19/2017 12:44 AM

booze wrote:

you mean 2017?

I guess that means I'm not cool sad haha

|

9/19/2017 2:23 AM

Mat beringer used to do these a ton too. I don't understand why we have to classify every trick we do and name it. I'd call it a turn bar front peg chink.

|

9/19/2017 2:33 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Mat beringer used to do these a ton too. I don't understand why we have to classify every trick we do and name it. I'd call it ...more

I was just calling it a disaster tooth chink to fakie but wondered if there was an actual name for it or not :p

|

9/19/2017 4:51 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I think it could get to that, sounds like he rolls up, turns the bars when the front wheel clears coping and bonks his peg on ...more

booze wrote:

you mean 2017?

Not that I'm a pro, but I remember when I used to ride with a bunch of skaters, they would show me a "new trick" which many times was the same as a dozen other tricks they knew, they just grabbed the board on the nose, or with their finger tips instead of a full grab, or some other nonsense, It seemed to me that either these guys weren't very good or they were simply running out of tricks to come up with.

|