What would you call this/ has it been done before?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/29/2013 8:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2013 8:23 AM

So, I was just thinking, if I was to do an x-up-double peg stall or -smith stall and pivot the back of the bike around (making my arms straight again), into another double peg or smith, facing the opposite direction, what would that be called? Also, has this been done before? Thanks in advance!

|

4/29/2013 8:38 AM

Xup double peg 180 to double peg stall

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/29/2013 8:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2013 8:41 AM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Xup double peg 180 to double peg stall

OK, thanks! (Just to be sure, you do understand that I'm saying that the front peg never leaves the ledge/coping, right?)

|

4/29/2013 8:44 AM

Surely that wouldn't work in a Double Peg as you can't pivot round?

http://digbmx.mpora.com/dig-daily/oliver-kurbas-one-two-dont-eat-your-poo/

The person in this edit does something very similar. But not the same.

|

4/29/2013 8:49 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

what I have in mind basically involves something similar to a nosemanual whip, except 1) my feet never leave the pedals, 2) the bike is stalling on the front peg, not in a nosemanual, and 3) It's only turning 180, not 360.

|

4/29/2013 8:53 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

justus.smith.311 wrote:

what I have in mind basically involves something similar to a nosemanual whip, except 1) my feet never leave the pedals, 2) the bike is stalling on the front peg, not in a nosemanual, and 3) It's only turning 180, not 360.

I think I know what you mean, the spin will be like an X-Up late 180, so you X-up and then you and Bike follow round? although in your case you do an X-Up grind and then do the Spin. If so, I highly doubt that's been done before, Good luck, but you realise that will be really hard to do? But still sick!

|

4/29/2013 10:26 AM

I would imagine it has been done, probably by some random kid. I feel like this would not work well as a grind, but do ok as a stall.

Basically from what I get, do an x up stall, then pivot yourself around on the front peg (similar to a nose pivot 180, just on the peg) around into a double peg or smith on the other side.

That would be rough on the wrist unless it was done fast, give it a go?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/29/2013 11:26 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I would imagine it has been done, probably by some random kid. I feel like this would not work well as a grind, but do ok as a stall.

Basically from what I get, do an x up stall, then pivot yourself around on the front peg (similar to a nose pivot 180, just on the peg) around into a double peg or smith on the other side.

YES. That's exactly what I'm talking about. I really want to try it, but won't have access to a very good setup for it until next weekend. This whole idea was actually a result of me finally landing a feeble-stall-to-smith-stall and wanting to continue to expand further. Thank you very much dave!

|

4/29/2013 11:42 AM

ive actually tried that before.. i gave up..gonna star working on it again

|

4/29/2013 1:24 PM

I mean I have done it, pegless.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

4/29/2013 11:28 PM

OP to the comment you left on my profile; GBR means Great Britain.

|

4/30/2013 5:51 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

justus.smith.311 wrote:

YES. That's exactly what I'm talking about. I really want to try it, but won't have access to a very good setup for it until next weekend. This whole idea was actually a result of me finally landing a feeble-stall-to-smith-stall and wanting to continue to expand further. Thank you very much dave!

Get some vid action if you get it.

Try it on any ledge and get it dialed, so you can dominate a quarter.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/30/2013 6:33 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

OP to the comment you left on my profile; GBR means Great Britain.

i always thought it was great barrier reef

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me