What would you do if your bike feels too long?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/3/2013 5:10 AM

Hi guys! I got a bmx pretty long ago and learned bunny hops on it but I'hv noticed that my bike feels too big for me and it makes hops and learning 180s feel weird. Im 5.4 and im running a fly tierra 21' + Shadow Strike Stem(but im not sure if its 48 or 52mm) . What would you guys do if your bike feels a tad too big .

thanks!

|

7/3/2013 5:45 AM

Well there's only 2 things you can do. Buy a new frame or get used to it.

|

7/3/2013 5:46 AM

S&M Enduro 36mm Stem, Madera Mast 36mm or 39mm Stem, Odyssey TDFL 45mm Stem. I'm sure there are more.

|

7/3/2013 5:53 AM

Damn looks like I would need to get either a enw farm or stem then.... What about pushing my bars back? would it make the bike weird to ride?

|

7/3/2013 5:53 AM

Three options, new frame, shorter stem or get used to it. maybe a pair of steep offset forks may help and make it feel more compact.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

7/3/2013 5:55 AM

jambojo wrote:

Damn looks like I would need to get either a enw farm or stem then.... What about pushing my bars back? would it make the bike weird to ride?

pulling them back may help a bit but it could be odd.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

7/3/2013 6:27 AM

Thanks guys for the quick reply! I guess I'll get a new frame closer to the last few months and will post again then! :D

|

7/3/2013 6:41 AM

I would say just get used to it.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

7/3/2013 6:42 AM

Get a short stem, unless you can find a shorter frame cheap.

Pulling the bars back will effect the geo of the bars

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/3/2013 6:43 AM

I would get a new set up or frame. Can I have your Tierra?

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/3/2013 6:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/3/2013 7:53 AM

Four wrote:

Haha my tierra is pretty damn old i think it is a V2 but I'm probably giving it to my brother as his WTP frame is rusty as hell

Yea i guess I'll try to get use to it but if I really cant I'll get a 20.5-ish frame.

Thanks! smile

Edit: Didnt want to create a new thread for a yes/no question, if i do not intend to grind does my rear hub(LHD/RHD) affect anything as my chain is the same as my front foot.

|

7/3/2013 7:03 AM

Four wrote:

jambojo wrote:

Haha my tierra is pretty damn old i think it is a V2 but I'm probably giving it to my brother as his WTP frame is rusty as hell

Yea i guess I'll try to get use to it but if I really cant I'll get a 20.5-ish frame.

Thanks! smile

Edit: Didnt want to create a new thread for a yes/no question, if i do not intend to grind does my rear hub(LHD/RHD) affect anything as my chain is the same as my front foot.

Haha Tierras are awesome as is fly in general. If you can't get used to it, go for a 20.5 or 20.6-20.75 it would probably be a bit better. No problem man : D

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/3/2013 9:04 AM

http://flatlandfuel.com/flypotenciastem.aspx

pull your bars back just a tad. It will help a bit but your wheel base will still be long.

I had a friend that was 5,4 and rode 21 inch frames. He went on to become a pro dirt jumper.....

But, I would suggest a shorter frame.

|

7/3/2013 10:14 AM

Madera top load fuck the rest

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/3/2013 10:18 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

pulling them back may help a bit but it could be odd.

I like your new picture...

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

7/3/2013 11:11 AM

grow a pair a get used to it

|

Fuck BMX

7/3/2013 5:34 PM

jambojo wrote:

Thanks! smile

well to answer your grind question you need to consider if you left foot forward or right foot forward, if your left foot forward you most likely will grind on your left side hence you will want a RHD hub and vice versa, so a short tip is you always want your drive side on the oppasate side than your grind side. P.S. your drive side dose not affect how your bike feels at all.

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/4/2013 1:34 AM

Four wrote:

jambojo wrote:

Thanks! smile

jj0996 wrote:

well to answer your grind question you need to consider if you left foot forward or right foot forward, if your left foot forward you most likely will grind on your left side hence you will want a RHD hub and vice versa, so a short tip is you always want your drive side on the oppasate side than your grind side. P.S. your drive side dose not affect how your bike feels at all.

Thanks! I was afraid as my chain was on the same side as my front foot and that would make the bike feel weird. Luckily I do not intend to grind till I get better.

Thanks everyone who answered my questions! smile

|

7/4/2013 9:10 AM

jambojo wrote:

Thanks! smile

jj0996 wrote:

jambojo wrote:

Thanks! I was afraid as my chain was on the same side as my front foot and that would make the bike feel weird. Luckily I do not intend to grind till I get better.

Thanks everyone who answered my questions! smile

no problem

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype