What are the things you are picky about on your bike ?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/10/2015 12:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2015 3:53 PM

Hi riders !

As the tittle said, I'm wondering what things really define your bike, it can be anything.

Personnaly, the main thing is the bar height, if it's not perfect, I don't feel good, after a lot of spacers combination tries, I discover a 2 mm spacer make a big difference, not really for cruising around but for manuals, the balance and loopout point change and I don't feel good if the setting is not perfect, I even notice a 1mm difference for that...

Same for bar angle, I like it a tiny bit forward, a bit more room feels better and help a bit for nose tricks, but nut too much or the bike nosedive like shit.

A last thing is my seat height, sounds stupid but my 3 inches of post had save my ass many times on manuals.
i explain, at the loopout point, instead of jumping and stupidly run after my bike, I just sit down and the front wheel get down, having that safety make me alot more confident on manuals, especially while doing them in the traffic or while rolling fast.

|

12/10/2015 1:45 PM

Brakes. Gotta keep them nice or i just end up frustrated. Bar width, anything wider than 26 feels awful to me. High seat so i can keep bars nice and actually cover a decent distance pedalling.

|

12/10/2015 2:10 PM

I can't stand tight chains. everything else I play around with a bit every now and then to see what difference it makes to how I ride. I hate anything being loose or not perfectly set up and immediately start stripping and rebuilding my bike if it makes a noise it shouldn't. I don't care about buckled wheels on my own bike, but if I see it on someone else's bike it gets on my nerves. And I hate seeing a wheel that's been laced wrong (spokes crossing the value).

|

12/10/2015 2:18 PM

Can't stand low seats , I like to jump high don't need to be destroying my knees with a seat with no post , gotta have my chain tight to hate my cranks moving on no footed tricks

|

12/10/2015 2:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2015 2:49 PM

Im literally picky about everything but my seat.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/10/2015 3:04 PM

everything. If it doesnt all work together smoothly and feel just right. I ride like shit

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

12/10/2015 3:20 PM

Bar height and angle is something I will fine tune until it's perfect. I like smaller bars with more spacers or a taller stem vs big bars

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

12/10/2015 3:23 PM

Dialed brakes.
Fast tires
Odi grips
Taut chain

|

12/10/2015 5:01 PM

Everything.

|

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

12/10/2015 5:56 PM

A lottt of things.

-Bars HAVE to be parallel with my forks.

-chain tension has to be perfect, as in not too tight, not too loose. crankflip friendly as I say.

-If my hubs have a logo on it (Which they don't since they're both spray painted) then they HAVE to be facing me if I'm standing behind my bike. Like they should be readable if I stand behind or on my bike.

-Similar to the above, if my rims have stickers (I took them off though) they need to be readable from the right side only. Idk why I'm picky about that shit, guess it just seems proper to me for some reason.

-Tires have to be somewhat low on air. 40-50PSI. Always more in the rear though, I don't like a lot of tire pressure and it fucks with me if they aren't just how I like them.

-Pegs and guards need to have the grinded side facing down unless they're starting to wear there, in which case they get rotated to where new grinds just add on to the old grind damage.

Probably more random things I can't think of offhand too.

|

12/10/2015 8:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2015 8:42 PM

I usually need everything to be straight and aligned, including my stem and tires/wheels. I also like my chain pretty tight. Sometimes I can't crankflip, but it's whatever. I have them dialed, so I can go on and off without doing them. Apart from that, I usually hate running anything under 70 PSI. But anything above 85 PSI is wrist killer. I also rotate my bolts if I have a female hub. I run 4 pegs, but mainly grind more on my right, so I switch off the bolts every half year or so.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/10/2015 9:04 PM

Biggest thing I'm picky on is gearing , if it's slower than 30 9 I don't wanna ride it , there's better things to do

|

12/11/2015 3:17 AM

Dialed brakes

|

If it ain't broke...

12/11/2015 6:39 AM

"Bars HAVE to be parallel with my forks."
+1

|

12/11/2015 7:08 AM

brakes have to be really dialed or else ill take them off I hate brakes that don't work good, ummmm tires have to be on same way grips have to be put on the right way, matching rim strips and I tight chain I hate it when it slaps around. I literally have nothing to do at my house I go home and sit in my room and work on my bike so I always get it pretty dialed, and perfect. some times I even torque my stem bolts, axel bolts, and cranks haha.

|

12/11/2015 7:10 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

A lottt of things.

-chain tension has to be perfect, as in not too tight, not too ...more

exactly how I am lmao I bet your bike is really dialed.

|

12/11/2015 9:14 AM

Brakes brakes brakes brakes

|

It’s all bmx

12/11/2015 2:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2015 2:14 PM

I hate it when spokes get loose because I suck at truing a wheel.

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

12/11/2015 4:07 PM

Same here as motogrizz said lol

|

Built to abuse

12/11/2015 5:04 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

A lottt of things.

-chain tension has to be perfect, as in not too tight, not too ...more

Agreed with all this. However I do just set my bar angle wherever feels more comfortable, usually slightly forward from parallel. The rim sticker thing made me laugh tho, as I thought I was the only one. My tire logos also have to be on the right(if not on both sides) and the valve has to be right in the middle of it. Grips and bar ends have to be straight as well. Non drive side bb spacer logo has to be facing up/straight opposite of the crank arm. OCD at it's finest imo. Lol

|

12/11/2015 5:11 PM

No bars over 8.5". I run 8.25" on a topload.
Metal pegs, none of that plastic bs.
Metal pedals, or at LEAST metal pinz.
Odi longnecks are the only grips i run and animal tires are the only tires i ride.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

12/11/2015 9:53 PM

Must weigh at least 20 lbs, but not be over 25 lbs (this balance is actually difficult to achieve and has me swapping parts like crazy sometimes). TT length at 20.5 inches is a requirement also for my own preferences; any other measurements such as BB height and etc, I can adapt to. Plus the color of the parts MUST be some type of metallic or silver-y color such as chrome, polished, nickel, or raw! Seat, grips, brake pads, and tires of course will be in black.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.