Whatever happened to Chris Hervan?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/12/2013 12:45 AM

his name just randomly popped into my head a little bit ago and I remembered watching this edit of him

http://www.zapiks.fr/Chris-Hervan-1.html

only link I could find, and he was one of my favorite riders back in 2007, but never ever hear anything from him anymore? dude was a shredder and maddd good with those front end tricks, just curious. Gonna do some googling and see if he still rides, I think he was only an AM rider for Fit but still.

|

7/12/2013 2:08 AM

Who knows. If he was in fit then that says alot. Raul Ruiz left fit cause they wouldn't bump him up to pro. So now he's on the pro wtp team. Could be a similar situation

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/10/2019 9:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/10/2019 9:33 PM

Yo sorry it took soooo long to reply to you guys. I can still ride smile I love bmx I basically had a hard time elevating to pro in the team on FIT, I submitted a bunch of clips, there was a mix up and like 80% of the clips for the next fit video were missed and then FIT resubmitted after the video release for online views. It was at that point that I called Robbie Morales and I told him I was going to leave the team during the spring of 2007. Robbie told me that there was always an open door policy for me with FIT. Since 2007 I have endeavored in Rock climbing and developing new areas

|

9/10/2019 9:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/10/2019 9:50 PM

ChristopherHervan wrote:

Yo sorry it took soooo long to reply to you guys. I can still ride smile I love bmx I basically had a hard time elevating to pro in the team on FIT, I submitted a bunch of clips, there was a mix up and like 80% of the clips for the next fit video were missed and then FIT resubmitted after the video release for online views. It was at that point that I called Robbie Morales and I told him I was going to leave the team during the spring of 2007. Robbie told me that there was always an open door policy for me with FIT. Since 2007 I have endeavored in Rock climbing and developing new areas

Wow. are you ever thinking of riding for a team again?

|

9/10/2019 10:24 PM

ChristopherHervan wrote:

damn I forgot about this thread, sick you're still into bmx! I remember seeing the video I linked above on Fit's MySpace when I was first getting into riding, it was one of the first couple sections I'd seen and I was completely mind-blown at the whiplashes cause I'd never seen them before.

Do you still ride much or just every once in awhile?

|

9/15/2019 3:07 PM

ChristopherHervan wrote:

NoobBro1 wrote:

Route development is some serious work, that takes major commitment with little thanks in return. Im assuming your developing sport routes? Multi pitch? Or maybe mixed bolted/ traditionally protected routes?I've done some route development in my teens in west virginia, so I think its rad that other people put in soooo much work and other climbers get to reap the rewards without much effort. So thank you for that.

|

9/16/2019 6:37 AM

ChristopherHervan wrote:

NoobBro1 wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Route development is some serious work, that takes major commitment with little thanks in return. Im assuming your developing sport routes? Multi pitch? Or maybe mixed bolted/ traditionally protected routes?I've done some route development in my teens in west virginia, so I think its rad that other people put in soooo much work and other climbers get to reap the rewards without much effort. So thank you for that.

Joshua tree hates route development. People (especially those who dont climb) really dislike it. Sport routes mostly because those with a keen eye can spot the bolts even from afar. Camo bolts are more expensive and still pop out like a sore thumb if you are in the know.

|

9/16/2019 11:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2019 11:42 AM

NoobBro1 wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Joshua tree hates route development. People (especially those who dont climb) really dislike it. Sport routes mostly because those with a keen eye can spot the bolts even from afar. Camo bolts are more expensive and still pop out like a sore thumb if you are in the know.

He’s developing new areas. Not J Tree. The flora and fauna has all been killed at j tree because of the whack ass boulderers.

|

9/16/2019 1:31 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

He’s developing new areas. Not J Tree. The flora and fauna has all been killed at j tree because of the whack ass boulderers.

I was implying he was developing jtree, just mentioning the locals and visitors look down on it. I havent been in a long time since I moved to CO.

I heard the National park is trashed from the long govt. Shut down that took place. Bunch of assholes came in and trashed all the public access areas that were maintained by the park...sad.

You gonna make any new vids soon?

|

9/18/2019 5:27 PM

I have my BMX bike still it’s a really awesome double top tube tube subrosa, I don’t actively ride to pursue sponsors, but nothing feels better than a nice hangfive to whiplash smile As far as rock climbing goes I have been just keeping the trails open to existing areas here in San Diego. It is a very thankless job that’s for sure, but the personal rewards are great. I have reopened areas and opened new areas including a few dozen new boulders along with climbing thousands of routes and introducing tons of my friends to the sport. All of that said I’m very involved in knowing my California costal sage scrub, chaparral, and invasive species of plants so I’m very selective of what plants we can chop down completely and which plants need avoidance. Thanks for the thanks BillyBigRigger! I appreciate it. I also have been making my way out to Joshua tree in hopes of sending some of the most classic routes, that place will humble anyone. Joshua tree is bold, very tough and it will shred your skin, and leave you wanting to be better. I would like to go riding and film some stuff in the future I still have things that as I grow older I realize I could have just done.

|