Whatever happened to Eye Bikes ?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/12/2017 3:08 AM

And the Eye - Q frame with the cutout headtube ? And a couple trips , I remember in my old ride magazine they went to Fresno as a trip and it was a cool read . I remember being a kid and thinking how cool that frame was . Any idea what happened ? I'm guessing just died over time and didn't sell much ..

Kinda a shame . I liked what I remembered . Funny how I just remembered it Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/12/2017 8:48 AM

If memory serves, Eye BMX was the freestyle side of VSI Products. VSI was also home to racing brands Intense BMX and Sinz components.

VSI suspended its BMX program in 2013, and sold off the in-house brands to Mojo Distribution of Florida (which share a common ownership with J&R Bicycles).

Not sure if Eye was part of that acquisition, but one way or the other, the brand is either dead forever (if it stayed with VSI), or in the deep freeze (if with Mojo).

Or, I could be wrong about the Eye BMX I am thinking of, and the one you are thinking of.

Best,
M

|

7/12/2017 9:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2017 9:10 AM

I was just thinking about that frame! I should have bought one when they were around. Sweet frames!

|

brakeless maniac

7/12/2017 12:21 PM

I wanted one of those frames when I was younger, too. Real cool

|

7/12/2017 11:14 PM

I hope one day they'll get back into things again . I liked them . It doesn't sound like it though if the parent company got bought out :/

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/12/2017 11:59 PM

They are still around but I don't think they are focused on BMX as much. I have seen smaller parts pop up on mountain bikes.

|

6/27/2019 11:28 PM

*COUGH* i have one and kinda wanna change up from a raw frame *COUGH*

|

6/28/2019 12:05 AM

MikeCarruth wrote:

If memory serves, Eye BMX was the freestyle side of VSI Products. VSI was also home to racing brands Intense BMX and Sinz ...more

This is mostly correct, Erik Engstrom walked away from the brand due to the fact that the brands owners were not properly helping the brands riders, Chris Bracamonte went to Mirraco then Colony, Eric Hough has been with S&M ever since and the other kid, I don't really keep up..

Engstrom is now working for Sparkys Distro.

I was really gunning for the Chris Bracamonte signature frame that had an actual seat clamp but it never made it into production..

I did get some Ave wheel stuff, but some of it melted in the Paradise, Ca fire.

|

6/28/2019 12:08 AM

Herrick wrote:

Damn, I wish I had more money and frame space.. but I'm already snagging a custom Solid.

|

6/28/2019 3:45 AM

Herrick wrote:

Dm me size and price

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit