What's In Your 'Riding Bag'? (Besides Tools)

Related:
Create New Tag

5/11/2014 7:32 PM

I'm sure most of us have a riding bag. I think it'd be cool to share what we have in ours besides tools. I've got some pretty unique stuff in mine! Share what's in your bag and give an explanation, unless it's completely obvious of course.

Besides tools, my riding bag contains:
1.) 2 tubes
2.) An old towel. This towel has 2 methods. 1 is for wiping things off, 2 would be if you're bleeding profusely and need something to apply pressure to the wound with.
3.) A TON of icy hot cream and icy hot patches. I tend to pull my muscles a lot because I don't stretch so I need to keep this kinda stuff with me at all times while riding.
4.) A pocket knife. This is not for self defense. It's mainly in there to use for working on master links and whatnot.
5.) about 6 bags of chips. You never know when you're going to get hungry.
6.) Gauze and Medical tape. My friends and I are accident prone so it's better to be safe than sorry.
7.) Spray on deodorant. Sometimes on those 70+ degree days, I sweat my deodorant off and I don't want to smell.
8.) An old par end.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/11/2014 7:59 PM

Pump, tubes and condoms.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

5/11/2014 8:27 PM

So is the random Par end to stick up your ass? lolol

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/11/2014 8:47 PM

Buncha tools
Buncha chain links
A tube
Gopro
Some wax
And of course i always have these on me even while not biking

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/11/2014 9:28 PM

Only thing i take with me when I ride is my phone. Should start taking stuff though since i mostly ride alone.

|

5/11/2014 9:55 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Buncha tools
Buncha chain links
A tube
Gopro
Some wax

that sog is nice!!!

|

GT BMX forever fuck you haters!

5/11/2014 10:07 PM

Blood rag
Used to carry a knife
Tire patches and tubes
Issues of popular mechanics and bmx plus
Helmet
Crapton of deodorant
Sunscreen
Bike lock
Extra chain

|

5/12/2014 7:43 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Buncha tools
Buncha chain links
A tube
Gopro
Some wax

carryongrinding wrote:

that sog is nice!!!

Yup, i love it. I also forgot to add i have a big u-lock and cable in my bag.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/12/2014 8:10 AM

M1911 and a machete.

But in all honesty i usually carry a phone, wallet, and knife.
Sometimes i bring water and food.

|

"Riding four piece bars is like getting a BJ from an ugly girl, Close your eyes and it feels the same."

-Feeble_to_face
I no longer ride D: Sold the bike to help get my life going.
Old bike VVV

California Living

5/12/2014 9:00 AM

Tubes, tools, kneepads, gloves, towel, some random small things like spacers, chain lube, Bike Aid (other type of dry Moly Lube) and a few other things.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

5/12/2014 9:21 AM

Tools, extra pegs (the ones that screw on to the axle), tools, random chain links, tools, a hammer (my cranks move and knocks my chain out of alignment), tools, water, phone, and tools.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

5/12/2014 12:27 PM

I also have wax and my phone and wallet of course!

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/12/2014 12:52 PM

Gatorade, Pump, Tubes, Misc Spare Parts, Hockey Tape, Sweat Towel, Clean Socks and Camera.

|

5/12/2014 1:13 PM

wax, spare tube, helmet, band-aid's, sinckers bar, water, rag

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

5/12/2014 1:27 PM

I think some Instant Ice Packs would go good. Might have to add these to my bag.

|

5/12/2014 10:56 PM

Helmet,mouthguard, 3 bottles of water, muscle relaxants

|

5/13/2014 11:50 AM

On me: Phone (charged), wallet, keys, knife. This is what I always have on me. Sometimes I'll carry gloves and a helmet when I ride.

The bag (sans tools): tubes, shin/knee pads, wrist brace, first aid kit with bandages ointment ace bandage medical tape etc, WATER, some kind of cloth - towel, shirt, something... pegs, headphones, sometimes I'll take some dried herbs to enjoy on a break. Usually some kind of "emergency" food, a Powerbar or something. I think that's about it. Used to carry ciggs with me but now I vape, and rarely carry that.

But my bag changes depending on if I'm driving, how far I'll be from my car/house/home base, and how long I'll be out.

|

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

5/13/2014 11:58 AM

Street Ratchet set with extension (3/8s, 17mm, 19mm, and allen key bits)
Adjustable wrench
Bearing for my front hub.
A peg
Tube
Tire lever
Chain breaker
Chain
Hammer
About 6 condoms and a small Austin Powers inspired gun
6 ounces of cocaine, for when life gets you down.
Petroleum jelly

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/13/2014 2:36 PM

Contents of my bag

Canon 60D x1 Possibly a 5d mrk II if the ladys not using it.
8mm Fisheye x1
15mm Fisheye x1
24-70mm Lens x1
28-105mm Lens x1
Easy Handle x1
20" Tubes x3
Set of Tire levers x1
block of wax x2
Chewy Bars x3-5
15 & 17mm Deep socket and ratchet
2.5-8mm Allen Key set
Water bottle and maybe a cigar
Pack of gum

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/13/2014 2:38 PM

I tale nothing lol. Unless i go 7+km far. Then i carry some Allen keys.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/13/2014 3:20 PM

If I am to take a bag
Chips
Flask
Hat
Extra Sock
Wax
17 mm head, Extension and the welded up ratchet
Duct tap (for my feet when they are sore)
Any Parts of clothing that has been torn off me whilst riding

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

1/25/2019 6:37 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

M1911 and a machete.

Where do you keep your phone , bc mine falls out

|

1/25/2019 6:41 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

M1911 and a machete.

kamikaze.656 wrote:

replying to a 5 year old post... have you no manners?

and i kept my phone in my pocket like a normal human being.

|

"Riding four piece bars is like getting a BJ from an ugly girl, Close your eyes and it feels the same."

-Feeble_to_face
I no longer ride D: Sold the bike to help get my life going.
Old bike VVV

California Living

1/25/2019 7:04 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

M1911 and a machete.

kamikaze.656 wrote:

Keep it where it fell out bro , kamikaze that shit

|

1/25/2019 7:18 PM

I usually don't carry anything with me except my phone, keys, and debit card. I have a toolbox in my car with all the tools you need to build/repair. I also keep tires, tubes, pedals, break parts, cables, bar ends, grips, extra chain, headset, bb, and cranks.

|

1/25/2019 7:22 PM

kamikaze.656 wrote:

you really made an account to bump a nearly 5 year old thread to ask where to keep your phone

ya know, there's stupid questions... then there's really stupid questions. then above that, there's yours.

|

1/25/2019 9:29 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

M1911 and a machete.

kamikaze.656 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

you really made an account to bump a nearly 5 year old thread to ask where to keep your phone

ya know, there's stupid questions... then there's really stupid questions. then above that, there's yours.

I’m kinda new to vital, but what’s so bad about posting on old threads? Doesn’t it prevent tons of threads about the same topic?

|

1/25/2019 9:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2019 10:10 PM

JakeLittle wrote:

I’m kinda new to vital, but what’s so bad about posting on old threads? Doesn’t it prevent tons of threads about the same topic?

There are good bumps and there are bad bumps; good bumps add something to a conversation(within a year or so, typically) whereas bad bumps ask a stupid question or add irrelevant/already added information.

The age thing is both due to not wanting to annoy people who are no longer active on here with notification emails and also because relevant information now may not have been relevant information back then eg. somebody recommending a frame that came out this year in a "What frame?" thread from 5 years ago. Also, if somebody hasn't come across an answer to their question in over a year, they're probably doing something wrong other than the problem they have posted about...

|

My Sunday Soundwave Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork" - grumpySteve

1/26/2019 8:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2019 8:39 AM

Basically if you google a subject on vital because the built in search is a bit crap, check the date before replying. I've done it loads. Socket set, pump, spare tube, waterproof jacket because UK and hex keys btw.

|

1/26/2019 8:49 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

There are good bumps and there are bad bumps; good bumps add something to a conversation(within a year or so, typically) whereas bad bumps ask a stupid question or add irrelevant/already added information.

The age thing is both due to not wanting to annoy people who are no longer active on here with notification emails and also because relevant information now may not have been relevant information back then eg. somebody recommending a frame that came out this year in a "What frame?" thread from 5 years ago. Also, if somebody hasn't come across an answer to their question in over a year, they're probably doing something wrong other than the problem they have posted about...

Ahh thank you!

|