What's Your Opinion on Full Face Helmets

Related:
Create New Tag

8/25/2017 6:41 PM

What's Your Opinion on Full Face Helmets? I wear one but this is why i switched Photo

anyway i was just wondering other peoples opinion.

|

just living with autism and riding bikes

8/25/2017 6:58 PM

Personally I dont like the idea of them for the type of riding I do. Your peripheral vision is limited by them, and they're heavier than regular helmets. My two cents.

|

8/25/2017 7:13 PM

I wear one when I ride the track with my kid and I plan to wear it when I finally get the balls to ride trails. I wear a skate lid for everything else.

|

8/25/2017 8:08 PM

I always wear a full face.

|

8/25/2017 9:09 PM

Fullface for park and dirt if you're sending it . For street and just basic riding I don't think it's super necessary .

Myself personally I would want more view and less weight of a skateboard helmet than a fullface

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/26/2017 8:05 AM

I just wear a half shell type but tbh it probably wouldn't bother me to wear a full face due to being used to riding motorbikes and already having full face lids, i just wouldn't use my bike helmets due to them being a bit on the heavy side for doing BMX, that and i wouldn't want to damage it for if i really needed it when I'm on the motorbike

|

8/26/2017 11:05 AM

I don't air as high as I can out of 8 foot and taller quarterpipes when I'm not wearing my full face , but I don't really mess with taking my feet off either when I am wearing my full face , it's hard to find the pedals I find

|

8/26/2017 5:49 PM

I just busted my front teeth out a couple months ago.... it could've been prevented from wearing a full face but it's like 110° F here almost every day so I just wear a skate styled helmet... but when the winter comes I'll probably wear one.... I race motocross as well so I'll just wear that helmet... if you do consider getting a full face helmet, get a motocross one because bmx branded ones are like $150+ and my motocross full face was about $80-$85 on sale.... and if you want to look it up here https://www.foxracing.com/store/product/V1-RACE-HELMET/_/A-product-14400..catalog10001.en__US.plist20002__plist20001.001?cc=001&gclid=CjwKCAjwuITNBRBFEiwA9N9YEOQ8BiG7zD9AgVs9QAIyCXgeGHBb8h7nBGueWqWb-avrtVh2940vjxoCKboQAvD_BwE

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/27/2017 6:36 AM

I wear a full face 90% of the time (park and trails). My Fox Proframe has pretty good visibility and ventilation but it costs as much as a starter BMX.

I smashed a couple teeth biking when I was younger, I'd rather not repeat that.

|

8/27/2017 8:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/27/2017 8:10 AM

The 661 comp helmet is light and has better vis than my fox. Always rock the full face because I'm way too pretty...

|

8/27/2017 12:46 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I just busted my front teeth out a couple months ago.... it could've been prevented from wearing a full face but it's like 110 ...more

I bought a motor cross helmet because it was half the price of the Fox bicycle full face. It's hot as fuck though. Not that any full face wouldn't be but motorcycle helmets don't offer as much ventilation. It's not horrible but the other day it was 30ish here and I could only ride for about an hour with that thing.

|

8/29/2017 11:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2017 11:11 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

I bought a motor cross helmet because it was half the price of the Fox bicycle full face. It's hot as fuck though. Not that ...more

30 Celsius for those of us in USA.

And I think more of the riders going insane and doing multiple flips etc should consider it. I'd rock one if I felt the need. I probably should honestly.

And I would get a bike-specific one purely for the weight and ventilation aspects. A Specialized Dissident is the one I would aim for.

And to those who say "get cheap, it doesn't matter", the cheaper you go-typically the heavier and less comfortable you get. Granted the cheaper have the same standards to pass, comfort is a big factor. I would rather not fry 10 seconds into a session in fall.

PLUS a helmet is cheaper than head scans for brain damage and PT.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/1/2018 4:38 PM

ontariobmx wrote:

I wear a full face 90% of the time (park and trails). My Fox Proframe has pretty good visibility and ventilation but it costs ...more

i am thinking about buying one buy i have thick curly hair so i am not sure if this helmet i good for it.

|

1/1/2018 5:18 PM

ontariobmx wrote:

I wear a full face 90% of the time (park and trails). My Fox Proframe has pretty good visibility and ventilation but it costs ...more

Daan_VWJ wrote:

i am thinking about buying one buy i have thick curly hair so i am not sure if this helmet i good for it.

Then get a haircut

|

1/1/2018 5:22 PM

When i wear a full face and pads i want to ride even crazier.. .

|

1/1/2018 5:34 PM

yrrep_nitsuj wrote:

What's Your Opinion on Full Face Helmets? I wear one but this is why i switched Photo

anyway i was just wondering other peoples ...more

I wear one always now. Dont want to fuck up my face. Only people that talk shit about it are online. Nobody has said anything to me in person.

Get a good low profile lightweight one and you wont regret it.

|

1/1/2018 6:06 PM

only wear a helmet when I dirt jump

|

1/2/2018 12:15 AM

I think Full Face helmets look cool

|

1/2/2018 1:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2018 1:23 AM

I don't go big enough to wear a full face

|

Hmmm

12/4/2019 12:32 AM

Hell I wear a full face almost everyday my life but I'm probably the only one that wears goggles aswell. Photo

|

12/4/2019 9:33 AM

FlyOneil wrote:

Hell I wear a full face almost everyday my life but I'm probably the only one that wears goggles aswell. Photo

My favorite thing to see (sarcastic) is riders that do both BMX and MTB but only wear a full face on a MTB.

Fashion.

|

12/4/2019 10:45 AM

Have you guys see those Ruroc helmets?

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/4/2019 11:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/4/2019 12:33 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Have you guys see those Ruroc helmets?

Pretty interesting, I see a couple reasons I might go with a different helmet though.

1. Seems to lack ventalation for summer time.
2. The mouth guarded portion seems to be pretty close, I would think if you took a front hit you might still hit your mouth. It might be safer for your neck though, since it wouldnt bend your head back as far...

Definitely on my radar now though!

|