10/28/2016 2:23 AM

Fly ruben, animal steve hamilton, there's loads

|

10/28/2016 7:39 AM

Photo
|

It’s all bmx

10/28/2016 10:22 AM

those are awesome!!! There would definitely be fresh calf and shin meat with those on...old skool!!!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/28/2016 2:15 PM

Odyssey Jim Cs

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

10/29/2016 8:07 AM

Thoughts on pedals?

I think plastic stuff is just great for those who don't see fog, eat wet grass or live with muddy shoes. Micro-knurling on em is just awesome too, and all the shapes and colors make it easier to grip on-and more importantly, land on.

But to get serious, I'll always depend on having aluminium under my feet and having so many screws it looks like a bear trap ready to munch on filleted shin meat. Fill in the fact that I'm a thin sucker, and hell, a 1cm pin can easily penetrate my skin and actually have a go at reaching some bone.

Now, I'm really addicted to grip. Coming from a MTB background, I'm all in for grip. Heck, I've got clipless pedals that literally makes my feet a part of the bike (but learning to unclick from them can really be a how-stupid-can-you-crash game).

I do jumps.

Well, I'll say used to, cauz they are in such a bad condition the only way is a 100% re-do. But I'm still having fun with dirt stuff here and there.

And I always depend on having pins. If not, the grip is virtually non-existent. And not only in a dirt condition too. My bike came with plastics stock. I tried learning bunnyhops-couldn't get.the.damn.rear.up. Then I got metals. Man, the difference was like night and day. Really. I could hop. I had more control over my rear end. I could stay in the manuals with more ease. I felt like a god.

Then I got my first shin hit.

Oh man.

I'll trade in grip for a bit of my meat. Besides, chicks dig shin scarsw00t

Here's what I have destroying my shoes:

http://dartmoor-bikes.com/hardware/pedals/fever-v2

Photo

Oh. And they are MTB pedals. If real pros can depend on them for Rampage, then I guess I should be able to cope.

I dont know why I fell for them.

I think it was the mat color of the black, with the dope white font. Or the gliding motion of the bearings. Or the quality oozing as it was sitting in my hand, in the shop. But I think it was the double concave looks that really made me dig it. And I still do, even though I want to move on. But heck. I got replacement pins so I'm keeping them as long as they survive.

Might go in for an axle replacement too.

Go green, replace spare parts, dont go new all the time.

But there's a touchy subject up there. Did you spot it?

The axle.

Unfortunately, it wont cut to the chase for burly street riders doing drops all day long. But they still survive despite some "testing" on my end. Flat drops, hard life in a harsh environment, I can say that they still rock.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4i3x6hz86isr3xp/StairDrop.mp4?dl=0

For dirt, light street, no other pedal comes close in terms of grip and looks. I think.

The reason for the stupendous amount of grip (serious, it's like having superglue on your shoes) are the long, sharp pins, and that all important double concave. Man, when you stand on this pedal-you're in it. You feel a strong connection, a bond of trust that transforms the bike-man interface into a whole new being/machine. It's not like plastics where you feel it can come out any second, like a border that is easily severed. Not just a flat surface to put your shoe on, but a real pedal that grips your soles like a rabied pitbull with superglue saliva.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

10/29/2016 8:11 AM

adamnmexican wrote: Photo
sXeBMXer wrote:

those are awesome!!! There would definitely be fresh calf and shin meat with those on...old skool!!!

Damn! Would be funny to see a girl with those as earrings... Man, I would SO ride her!

Okay, that was uncalled for. Oopsies.

But damn again, how in the world do you want to SURVIVE with those things?

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.