8/18/2012 12:39 AM

How much grip does it have 1 to 10 ?

How long do they last?

How much do they cost?

Why you like them?

What pedals are you running?

Do you like their design?

Are the shoes comfortable ?

I was thinking and I came up with 4 brands. Which brand makes the best shoes in your opinion. The brands are
Van, Lotek, Orchid, Osiris or any other brand you really like. I am trying to find the best all around shoe if not all around then fit most of my points.

|

8/18/2012 12:48 AM

ever tried ETNIES?i used to ride with thosei really liked them smile

|

injured

8/18/2012 12:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2012 12:54 AM

no i just got vans because my friends said it's the grippiest bmx shoe and i took their word for it then i saw loteks online and they looked very grippy and durable and then i saw all these good brands and then i was like well lets ask vital whats the best because alot of people on here have experience with diffrant types of shoes

|

8/18/2012 1:13 AM

i only tried ETNIES and DC shoes...but DC are slippey as...

|

injured

8/18/2012 1:26 AM

FlyingChicken wrote:

i only tried ETNIES and DC shoes...but DC are slippey as...

ya i know my brother got dc pure rasta i tryed them because people said dcs where every grippy and like no grip at all

|

8/18/2012 1:33 AM

Get some Nike 6.0s Grip for days comfy as hell last a while too

|

Just do it.

8/18/2012 1:44 AM

tdubois123 wrote:

Get some Nike 6.0s Grip for days comfy as hell last a while too

witch ones the mavrks?

|

8/18/2012 1:55 AM

i've ridden with 6.0, dc and vans and in the end vans are way better 6.0 doesn't last as long, dc don't grip, vans all the way

|

8/18/2012 1:57 AM

somedude wrote:

i've ridden with 6.0, dc and vans and in the end vans are way better 6.0 doesn't last as long, dc don't grip, vans all the way

but vans grip doesn't last long i got brand new vans waiting to get my new bike so i can try them and i've seen comparisions vans vs loteks loteks last way longer and have more grip bu vans look beter

|

8/18/2012 1:58 AM

I love the grip of my vans retros but not much padding :/ gonna try some gel inserts,should help.

|

Refs~ scamhype x 3, pikachu, kroller, Ivan, kingcitybikeco, powerhouse, and traded w/ Jr Faw &Kevin Burnette
Sold 24" complete to some kid on here Chris....something I think.

8/18/2012 5:51 AM

I know this probably sounds gay, but I tried using converse shoes and surprisingly they have lasted quite a long time compared to my Vans and Globes.

|

8/18/2012 11:30 AM

I bought a new pair of Vans about three months ago, no marks from riding brakeless yet.

Grip: 8
How long do they last: So far so good
Cost: Bought them at a local shop for 70
Why I like them: They look and feel good, I can wear them riding or just walking around
Pedals: Shadow Ravager PC (soon to be metal)
Design: Yep, spot on
Comfort: Definitely

|

8/18/2012 11:47 AM

Photo
ftw
|

8/18/2012 11:55 AM

that^

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

8/18/2012 12:55 PM

I really like my Adidas Campus Hi's.

|

8/18/2012 1:08 PM

SpencerVDS wrote:

I bought a new pair of Vans about three months ago, no marks from riding brakeless yet.

Grip: 8
How long do they last: So far so good
Cost: Bought them at a local shop for 70
Why I like them: They look and feel good, I can wear them riding or just walking around
Pedals: Shadow Ravager PC (soon to be metal)
Design: Yep, spot on
Comfort: Definitely

dude you have pc pedals thats why i have metal pedals they were out faster with medal pedals

|

8/18/2012 1:10 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote: Photo
ftw

what if you fall your legs and feet are ganna get fucked up

|

8/18/2012 2:57 PM

Brownboys wrote:

what if you fall your legs and feet are ganna get fucked up

They don't actually make those. It's a joke.
Also, don't quote pictures wink
Quoting pictures just clutters up threads
Instead say something like @sandal/pedalpic or @pic or @(username_here)

|

8/18/2012 3:08 PM

Vans are the shit, es Accel was hands down the best shoe Ive tried I should have bought a couple pairs before they stopped making them

|

8/18/2012 4:13 PM

@lorenzogallegos thanks for the advice im new to vital

|

8/18/2012 4:17 PM

Almond 1&9

How much grip does it have 1 to 10 ? 10 my feet don't budge. Kinda depends on your pedals though.

How long do they last? I've had mine nearly a year still going strong.

How much do they cost? 45 bucks on dans right now. Kinda Limited on Sizes/Colors. http://www.danscomp.com/723628.php

Why you like them? Really Grippy, Plenty of ankle support, mid tops are a must for me.

What pedals are you running? Odyssey JCPC's

Do you like their design? They look pretty classy in browm.

Are the shoes comfortable ? Very Confortable

|

" If life gets to hard, just give up"

8/18/2012 9:52 PM

awwyeahit'sme wrote:

Almond 1&9

How much grip does it have 1 to 10 ? 10 my feet don't budge. Kinda depends on your pedals though.

How long do they last? I've had mine nearly a year still going strong.

How much do they cost? 45 bucks on dans right now. Kinda Limited on Sizes/Colors. http://www.danscomp.com/723628.php

Why you like them? Really Grippy, Plenty of ankle support, mid tops are a must for me.

What pedals are you running? Odyssey JCPC's

Do you like their design? They look pretty classy in browm.

Are the shoes comfortable ? Very Confortable

those shoes make me want to barf. they look absolutely horrid, but if they are comfy grip well and everything I guess theyre alright

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

8/18/2012 9:57 PM

Broughton wrote:

those shoes make me want to barf. they look absolutely horrid, but if they are comfy grip well and everything I guess theyre alright

You know I thought the same thing, but the pictures really don't do them justice. They really look pretty good, not the best but they get the job done.

|

" If life gets to hard, just give up"

8/18/2012 10:02 PM

nike sb > fuck your stat shit. best shoe company ever man. imo.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/19/2012 12:14 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

sorry to break it to you but nike sb are skateboarding shoes thats why their called sb skateboard

|

8/19/2012 1:44 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Brownboys wrote:

sorry to break it to you but nike sb are skateboarding shoes thats why their called sb skateboard

I were skate shoes when i ride....

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck
Tumblr= http://benkingyo.tumblr.com/

8/19/2012 10:05 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

This.

SB and 6.0 > Everything.

@brownboy; kill self. like 75% of shoes people ride in are skating shoes.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

8/19/2012 10:17 AM

I like my Nike 6.0 dunk lows. They have lasted all season so far, they grip decently(nothing beats Vans waffle soles though). And personally I think Nike Dunks are one of the best looking shoes ever(I collect them, have quite a few pairs in mint condition).

But, once those wear out I'm gonna try to hunt down some Vans Rowley XLTs. I loved them back in the day.

|

8/19/2012 12:10 PM

VANS Ownes 2 hi

|

8/20/2012 9:03 AM

so far my favorite shoes that ive had were my Vans Ellis mids. kept my ankles away from my cranks, and gripped my trailmixes like they had nothing else to live for. lasted me like 6 months, and i go through shoes like a mofo. pretty comfortable too. they just gave out after a while. worst pair ive ever had, were vans atwood mids, they literally lasted me 3 weeks in the winter (i live in Massachusetts) and the sole fucking fell apart. since then ive been wearing etnies, which are pretty good. ive had the nathan williams brake shoe, and RVM mids. the brakes were awesome on my pedals, i run welgo mg532's and they gripped alot, but they took a while to break in. and they gave me a blister but thats because of my own fault, lol. the RVM's have just fell apart, and theyre a good looking shoe, but they dont grip as well as id like them to, but they hold on enough.

Ellis mids: 8.5/10 overall
Atwood mids: 5.5/10 they just sucked for bikes, looked pretty good though.
Etnies brake :8/10, they got all fucked up, bent and stuff over time. great shoe for the money
RVM mids: 7.3/10 could be alot better, but not horrid

|

love you mom. rest in peace.
on a lighter note.... "RIP Kim Jong II, He might have been a cruel dictator, but he was sure fun to make fun of."