What's the deal with this bike?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/23/2013 8:46 PM

http://www.3ride.com/v2/detail/?itemID=8980

Full chromoly, sealed hubs, 48 spline cranks, for only $735??? Think it'd be a good bike? I was looking at the United KL40 Pro but I think this is better!

|

"if you feel yourself falling backwards, thrust forward like you would if you were indeed fucking your bike, and if youre falling forwards, push your legs while leaning back, like if you were pulling out from fucking your bike But dont, under any circumstances, actually fuck your bike" - EddiMundo

4/23/2013 9:43 PM

Most bikes you buy for $735 will automatically have full chromoly, sealed hubs, and 48 spline cranks. Look at the smaller things. I ride Colony parts and had United and both are good. Mind you, most Colony part on completes are REPLICA'S. So you're not getting the actual part, just identical ones.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/24/2013 5:27 AM

You can pretty much have the same stuff a part of 48 spline for like 400-500 bucks.
But yeah that's a pretty dope bike.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/24/2013 6:36 AM

andyferly wrote:

You can pretty much have the same stuff a part of 48 spline for like 400-500 bucks.
But yeah that's a pretty dope bike.

This, We have a premium inception at my work from last year for like 500 bucks, full chromo, sealed everything, solid setup.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/24/2013 1:36 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Most bikes you buy for $735 will automatically have full chromoly, sealed hubs, and 48 spline cranks. Look at the smaller things. I ride Colony parts and had United and both are good. Mind you, most Colony part on completes are REPLICA'S. So you're not getting the actual part, just identical ones.

Well if they're identical why does it matter? They'd be the same quality right?

|

"if you feel yourself falling backwards, thrust forward like you would if you were indeed fucking your bike, and if youre falling forwards, push your legs while leaning back, like if you were pulling out from fucking your bike But dont, under any circumstances, actually fuck your bike" - EddiMundo

4/24/2013 6:12 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Derek_Bolz wrote:

Well if they're identical why does it matter? They'd be the same quality right?

the replicas are machined quicker, made faster. less time = less $$$ so they can make em cheap

|

4/24/2013 6:59 PM

dude any bike thats over 200 should have full chromoly

my back trail x3 had full chromoly frame forks and bars now days its hi ten these bike companys are jokes all the ones with completes are garbage ass bike companys ripping ppl off

|

4/24/2013 9:45 PM

So should I get this, the United, or build a custom on veinbmx?

|

4/28/2013 12:16 AM

Bump

|

4/28/2013 12:35 AM

Build a custom defo.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/28/2013 1:34 AM

Idk it seems alright to me. You're from Canada, a custom would be expensive. But if you got. The cash …… why not. But the colony is pretty dope.

|

Villain'll hold a bike like he's mean and his tummy hurt
In a clean pair, ripped jeans and a bummy shirt

4/28/2013 1:18 PM

I'm gonna order the Colony tonight or tomorrow, I'll post a bike check of it when it gets here

|

4/28/2013 1:21 PM

Derek_Bolz wrote:

I'm gonna order the Colony tonight or tomorrow, I'll post a bike check of it when it gets here

Sounds cool.

|

4/28/2013 1:55 PM

The trans colors look sick AF! >:D

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/28/2013 1:57 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

The trans colors look sick AF! >:D

I'm really digging the blue one.

|

4/28/2013 3:58 PM

Why does it have the standard KMC chain? Shouldn't it at least have something better than that for 700?

|

Anderson IN

4/28/2013 4:14 PM

loudsilence96 wrote:

Why does it have the standard KMC chain? Shouldn't it at least have something better than that for 700?

Chain is a chain....

|

4/28/2013 8:02 PM

loudsilence96 wrote:

andyferly wrote:

Chain is a chain....

this

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

4/28/2013 10:10 PM

loudsilence96 wrote:

lol.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/29/2013 1:01 AM

loudsilence96 wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

lol.

According to his logic if you buy a 1000 dollar complete you should get a gold plated chain.

|

4/29/2013 5:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2013 5:13 AM

loudsilence96 wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

lol.

andyferly wrote:

According to his logic if you buy a 1000 dollar complete you should get a gold plated chain.

All about that DK halflink mayne.
Photo
Gold chain swanginnnnnnnnn

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/29/2013 7:50 AM

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

my back trail x3 had full chromoly frame forks and bars now days its hi ten these bike companys are jokes all the ones with completes are garbage ass bike companys ripping ppl off

That bike was 3 tubes of chromoly depending on the year, came with forged cranks and a bunch of junk looseball parts.

A buddy of mine had one, hi-tensile steel for almost everything on it.

Actually, the completes now are lighter and stocked with better parts than they used to be. Older bikes lasted so long because of how much material was used, ultimately making them heavier. A seven pound frame is unnecessary.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/29/2013 10:40 AM

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

this ^ i was thinking about that the other day, my nyquist x2 growing up was 100% cromoly and it was only afew hundred... and that was in the early 2000s

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/29/2013 10:43 AM

loudsilence96 wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

lol.

andyferly wrote:

pfft, gold plated is pussy shit... mine is platinum plated in rhodium

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/30/2013 6:43 PM

I ordered it last night! There should be a bike check on here by the weekend smile

|

5/6/2013 2:17 PM

Got it on friday, I'll put up a bike check whenever I have time

|

5/6/2013 2:52 PM

Derek_Bolz wrote:

Got it on friday, I'll put up a bike check whenever I have time

Nice!

|

5/6/2013 4:38 PM

andyferly wrote:

I'm just saying, it would make sense that they would put a higher quality chain.

|

Anderson IN

5/6/2013 4:41 PM

If all the chains are the same, why would anyone have reviews on chains? I'm just trying to learn here.

|

Anderson IN

5/6/2013 4:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2013 4:55 PM

loudsilence96 wrote:

If all the chains are the same, why would anyone have reviews on chains? I'm just trying to learn here.

Some chain's suck.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149